REVLON Timeliner for Lips(Any Shade)

No Image

4.5

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have 2 shades of Revlon's Timeliner for lips, one in "plumwine" and the other in "blackberry". Both are bold and beautiful colors. These lipliners apply well, not too soft nor too dry. These liners can be even used as lipsticks. These pencils need to be sharpened but they don't fall apart once you sharpen them. There is no "dragging" with these lipliners. Timeliner for lips is as good as high end lipliners out there for a fraction of the price. According to my own rating system it gets 5 lippies:)

on 1/3/2009 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking through my mom's make-up drawer when I found these lipliners. I was suprised that these go on smoothly and prevented my lipstick from bleeding through. Too bad revlon discontinued these. I'll have to try their new lipliners.

Booo! This is a deviation from the usually wonderful Revlon products. I got it in Blackberry. It goes on dry and cakey and makes lips look gross. It also is a nightmare to sharpen and breaks off all the time. Bleccch. I threw it away.

on 7/17/2006 12:57:00 PM

Rarely do I wax rhapsodic about a mere lipliner, but I must have bought about a dozen of these--I get them 2 for 1 at my local grocery store--and am never disappointed by the quality, creaminess, staying power, and color of this liner. This is the liner I reach for most often, although I also have some preference for Rimmel's Tiramisu and Sweet Clover, as well as MAC's Devine (I think that's the right one). But this is is my favorite. Cheap and good. Great color--did I mention that? Promotes the longevity of my glosses and lipsticks. Worth its weight in gold...:-)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i bought this after hearing so many makeup artists say the only color lip liner you need is nude. the only nude i could find in the drugstore that looked anything liked a flesh tone was this one in "nude." i use this with clear or pale colored glosses. love it, although i'm still looking for that true nude lip liner. until i find that, i'll keep buying this.

on 2/25/2005 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

OK, so I keep buying this over and over again, because it stays on forever and yet is creamy and the colours I've tried so far seem to go with a wide range of lipsticks. I have used Dusty Rose in high school and loved it then, but now that I am going for more dramatic lips I use Blackberry, and, honestly, this looks great with any colour from red to purple. Amazing for the price. The stick can break (the cylinder of colour in the middle can come loose) if you're not careful, but the quality of the product more than overrides the extra care you have to put into sharpening it.

on 6/11/2004 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Redish color is versatile, goes on smoothly, feels good and easy to apply but doesn't last too long.

on 6/3/2004 1:12:00 PM

I have this in LavenDare. It's a pretty color just not for me. And the pencil became loose inside...annoying!!!

on 5/18/2004 7:04:00 AM

Thumbs up to Revlon for a great product. I especially love the Nude and Dusty Rose. Goes well under lipstick or just with lipbalm/clear gloss. Nice creamy texture and the price doesn't hurt either.

on 5/2/2004 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm so happy I came back to Revlon after straying. To me, they are the gold standard in every way except for mascara (don't know why their mascaras aren't as great as the rest of their products...).
The timeliner was what brought me back to Revlon. I got my first liner in nude, and its SO fabulous! It lasts forever, lets my lipcolor last forever, does not dry out, color is matte but natural (and i am FFF/PPP), and I've sharpened it over and over and the pencil never splinters or shreds. i also like that I can have it very sharp for precision, or I can smoosh the tp to make it softer, and the pencil stands up to all that!
A great, great, great, lipliner!