no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

The purpose of this review is mainly to help people on the shade. Lip chics are, to me, the very utmost in lipstick. It's all I buy. The texture is so divine, and they are pretty long lasting for a sheer lipstick. This shade is pretty, but not for my coloring (fair/neutral blonde). Though it looks sort of garnet reddish in the tube, it pulls magenta when applied and is too bright on my fair skin. I bought it at the suggestion of Chantecaille's chat person as a replacement for Heirloom, one of my absolutely favorite shades (alas, now discontinued). Violetta is much different from Heirloom. If I barely use any, then it gives me a really beautiful and flattering shade, but if I use such a tiny amount, then I miss the lip-pampering balmy texture that is one of the biggest benefits of lip chics. If you already like vivid lip shades, go for it, and if your skin is darker, this will probably be a winner for you. Fair-skinned ladies, though, who like more muted colors should tread carefully.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Well, Lip Chics are divine ...IF, you like balm-like, translucent colors. If you are looking for a long lasting matte, something that does not wear off, or something that does not bleed, these are not going to do the trick. But if other lipsticks dry you out, you MUST try this line. This is a deep, Merlot sort of shade that is quite vivid and blue red on the lips when applied.In the tube, it looks like your typical murky Black Honey sort of shade, but only when applied do the bright and blue pigments show up. Great when blotted down. No scent or taste.Most definitely cool toned, but it IS named Violetta, after all. NW 20/25 for reference.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

7 years ago

I agree with the previous review. This color is a bit muted. I apply a bright lip liner underneath (coral or fuschia/plum) to brighten it up.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

8 years ago

This lipstick looks ghastly in the tube, almost the color of dried blood (lovely image), but on the lips it is a rich, glossy berry shade. I don't think it's quite as violet-toned as the name implies, but that's OK - I don't look great in purply lipsticks. Very sophisticated color. Texture is creamy and comfortable, but the wear is average. I like this lipstick a lot, but ultimately it's a lot of money for something that isn't that special. Also, it bleeds.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

Age25-29