NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Finally a product that matches my skintone!! I wear this in the shade Cuba. Great for everyday wear, light and non greasy/heavy feeling. You can build this up for medium coverage if desired, but light enough to let natural moles/freckles come through if desired. May need to be touched up after 8 hours+ wear if you are going from your job to night out.

Also it has SPF, a great skincare bonus imo.

on 6/5/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product. But, I ended up returning it.

For comparative purposes, I'm around NC45 or C6/7 in MAC and Golden/Almondish in Bobbi Brown. In NARS, I tried both Malaga, which was more of an exact match, and Seychelles, which was a tad bit darker. The saleswoman at Sephora recommended I go with Seychelles, since I would develop more of a tan once summer hit. Seychelles did give me more of a tanned/bronze look. The problem wasn't the shade as much as the texture.

I could feel it sitting on my skin. I felt as though I was wearing a greasy mask; it was awful.This was my main reason for returning it. I have normal/combination skin. Yet, this product left my skin shiny (not a glow). Perhaps this product works better on people with dry skin.

I do feel it provided good coverage, for a tinted moisturizer. But, I found that my Prescriptives (Real Antelope) foundation does a much better job and feels like air on my skin.

on 5/19/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Tried it when I was looking for a BB cream to try. Tried BB creams for MAC (to red for my golden undertone) and Bobbi Brown (to light and to dark after trying 2 shades). Came across this in Sephora. Tried Malaga and it was a perfect match. Will try Seychelles for the summer when I tan. It doesn't feel light nor heavy, more in between. The packaging is small in size, but still a small amount goes a long way; a use a little less than pea size amount. So the fact that so little does so much can make it worth the expensive cost of $42. It does make the skin look oily after a couple of hours, so use a good primer or oil free moisturizer that absorbs oil.

on 6/19/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Nice finish and colour (nc45ish, I use Seychelles) but it makes me oily too quickly. Works slightly better with mac blot powder or nars tahoe foundation powder over it but i still have to blot within 2-3 hours of application. Its humid, tropical weather here, this does better indoors in ac all day. My teint idole ultra 24 hr foundation actually does a better all-round job in summer than this tm as it feels light weight and hardly transfers.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to like this - I thought I would love it. Sadly, after testing a sample of the Polynesia shade a few times, I just don't. The texture feels kind of silky going on, but it never feels like it dries or sinks in completely. I kept waiting to forget I had it on, but nope. Although I only used a small drop, I felt the thin plasticky coating on my face until I washed it off. It gives a sheer wash of color; unfortunately the tint looked a bit red on me or like I had a mild sunburn. I do like that the texture looks very natural - not like I'm wearing makeup at all, except the dewy sheen makes me look vaguely oily/sweaty. A light dusting of powder tones it down, but results in a similar light coverage effect as my powder-only face -- so there's no point. Oh well. I might try the lighter shade, Martinique in case it's more of a color match problem.

on 5/10/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is something I use daily. It's great for my dry skin (super moisturizing), blends very well, and stays on me all day (I usually lightly buff MAC MSFN over it). I chose the color 'Cuba' which matches my skin perfectly. Definitely something I'd purchase again. It's expensive, but I believe it's worth it. You don't have to use too much to get a nice coverage, which is sheer since it's a TM. great for summer time or when you don't want a lot of coverage.

I think the color selection is vast...especially for women of color. Sometimes it's very difficult to find a shade match. With this, however, most woman of color should be able to find something that works.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am NW50 and I am still waiting for a cosmetic company to make a tinted moisturizer dark enough to suit my skin. The darkest of the Nars tinted moistuirzers (Polynesia) is still a tad too light for my skin. It's sheer so it blends well but 1/2 shade darker would make a huge difference.

In the end, it wouldn't matter because there are soooo many 'cones in this product that I had a breakout by day 2 of wearing it. Back to the drawing board.