NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

4.1

on 1/24/2018 6:24:00 AM

This has reached HG status for me! The coverage is very sheer (good for daily wear), works an excellent base for cream blush and won't break me out. It can be a bit drying sometimes, but it wears well over moisturizer too so that's not a problem. The color Finland matches my skintone perfectly.

on 1/21/2018 12:25:00 AM

I wasn't a huge fan of this. I didn't find it very moisturizing, and I felt like it sat on top of my skin and looked cakey rather than smoothing out into a nice finish. It also emphasized my pores. On the plus side it didn't break me out. I think there are better options for the price.

Expensive, but worth the money!

This tinted moisturizer glides on smoooothly on my skin and the finish is really natural, with a very subtle glow. It is really moisturizing and lightweight on skin too, which is good for winter! I use it in the summer too, and I normally set it with powder. You can keep layering it on and it will never look cakey on the skin. Recommend for dry to combination skin :)

on 12/9/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

EDIT: I didn’t get Groenland and St Moritz lol people on the tester counters mixed up the tubes & placed them in the wrong place. I got Alaska and Cuzco lol. Alaska matches me very well.

I’ve never liked tinted moisturisers much and have always been partial to foundation, but lately I’ve been trying to go foundation-free as I work on my skincare. I thought maybe it might be time to try tinted moisturiser again - and boy, they’ve come a long way since the greasy, covered-literally-nothing days!

Pros:
- Coverage. I’m normally acne-prone but I haven’t been breaking out too much so I don’t desire a full-coverage makeup base now. I want a more natural look, so I like this. I wouldn’t say it covered nothing either. The coverage is definitely there.
- Good colour match. Thank God I got samples from Mecca Cosmetics before buying because the shade I thought I was (St Moritz) ended up being too dark for me! The shade lighter than that (Groenland) ended up suiting me quite well even though it’s supposed to have a neutral pink/peachy tone (my skin is more yellow toned). I think if you’re an NC30-35 St Moritz would match, but right now I’m more of an NC25-30 and Groenland suits me better.
- Application is easy. I use my fingers. It works.
- Not greasy like other tinted moisturisers I’ve tried. My face can get a bit shiny after a few hours but if I powder up after application, it doesn’t do that. Then again, my skin isn’t too oily. It also hasn’t broken me out (yet?)
- Has SPF. Doesn’t make a huge difference for me since I choose to wear SPF underneath any makeup anyway but to those who rely on their base makeup for SPF, this is a good option. May want to stay if your skin doesn’t like chemical sunscreens. This has that.

Cons:
- Can emphasise dry patches, even minor ones. But I do find that if I apply this straight after my skincare, it doesn’t seem to do that as much.
- Still need to use a concealer for particularly dark PIH or pimples. What can I say though? This is a tinted moisturiser, so of course coverage will be quite light.
- The price haha retails for around $60 in Australia.

All in all, I would most likely buy the actual tube once my sample has run out. I’m not exactly enthused by the price and having it cling to dry patches, but I think the pros outweigh the cons in terms of what I’m personally looking for in a tinted moisturiser.

on 12/3/2017 12:15:00 AM

The one and only! ❤️ Finland is my perfect match. The texture and coverage are a dream. I have purchased this many times, and on occasion have tried similar products from other brands because the grass-is-always-greener or whatever. But there is no point. Nars does it best.

on 11/11/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bought this last month out of recommendation of my co-worker for the oncoming Aussie summer. Gave me a rash and severe acne all over my face that took several weeks to go away. Last night, I did a patch test on the inside of my elbow, and sure enough, rash. Never going near this again. HOWEVER, the day I did wear it on my face, it applied beautifully, and made me look like a summer goddess, so theres that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the natural dewy finish of this tinted moisturizer! It's a light to medium coverage that doesn't accentuate dry skin. The only downside is that I have to mix shades. I'm NW15-20 depending on the time of year, and I mix Terre Nueve with Groenland, approximately half and half. The shades between those two are too yellow for me. So many tinted moisturizers fall short in either the tint or the moisturizing department, but for me, Nars Pure Radiant strikes the perfect balance between the two.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I rated the price and packaging fair-to-middling only because I admit I’ve yet to buy the stuff. When I bought a tube of the Orgasm cream blush at Bloomie’s, the wonderful salesman showered me with packets of the stuff (and the creamy concealer) for travel use. (A sample packet takes up way less space in my makeup bag than a tube of my at-home go-to, Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue).

This goes on creamy (use a domed BB cream brush) and evenly without looking like foundation. It evens my skin tone just enough that I need concealer only under the eyes and on dark blue veins & very red spots. No obnoxious scent, and it provides SPF 30 (I use a serum and another SPF 30 moisturizing lotion first—I am very fair and had a near-melanoma scare last year). When I run out of samples, I will buy this—I think I prefer it to the Bare Escentuals, especially because it looks less “mask-y” and is a closer match to my skin tone and shade. (Nars has more available colors than BE).

on 4/23/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably my favourite tinted moisturiser of all time. I am between NC 20-25 and find Alaska to be a pretty good match - when I'm at my palest I could probably go down a shade, but I don't mind going slightly darker with my tinted moisturisers. Most of the shades tend to run pretty yellow but I believe they've added some more neutral shades in recent years.

One thin layer gives light coverage, but you can definitely build this up to a medium coverage with a second layer - it gives more coverage than many other TMs I've tried. The finish is a slightly dewy/satin appearance and lasting power is decent (I can get a full work/school day out of it and it looks pretty good by the end of the day). I usually pair it with my NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder for everyday or my Cargo HD powder when I want more coverage and longevity. To increase lasting power I'll also add a primer - this TM plays well with pretty much any primer I've tried it with.

The first time I realised this was a HG product was on a trip to Thailand. It lasted amazingly well in 30+ degrees heat and humidity and it became an everyday go-to during my trip. I have dry skin and find this product to be so forgiving and smoothing on my skin, and often when I'm wearing this TM, I'll receive compliments about how 'healthy' my skin looks. I am constantly trying new base products because I am obsessed with foundation but I always come back to this one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

After years of trial and error, I've always come back to using this tinted moisturizer. I'm very low maintenance (aka lazy) with my morning routine, so I will try to get away with the least amount of morning prep. My goal is to look well-rested with a healthy glow, so evening out my complexion is what I need and that is exactly what I get from this. I am Asian (Chinese) with a darker skin tone, and have normal skin that sometimes gets oily in the t-zone throughout the day. St. Moritz is the perfect match for me.

At first I didn't like how it didn't spread as easily all over my face so I mixed it with a bit of moisturizer, but I now apply it after a light moisturizer with my fingers and it spreads perfectly to my liking and gives me a very fresh, dewy-looking complexion. The moisturizer tint and texture just melts into my skin. I don't wear any powders on top of this because of the laziness, but I already like the way it looks on its own. If I wanted a more matte look I'd wear the velvet matte skin tint instead. And since it's already quite dewy imo, I tend to avoid wearing it in hot/humid weather because I'd end up looking like a human disco ball.

The product doesn't look/feel cakey at all for me. Sometimes I'll need to apply a bit extra regular moisturizer on my forehead and nose, but I sometimes have drier skin there. It also doesn't settle into any lines. It looks perfect and amazing for about 4-5 hours, but after that I'm needing some help in the t-zone oiliness area. Could be the fact that I don't use a powder? I should probably find out. I always get compliments about my skin when I'm wearing this. So, this is my HG tinted moisturizer! I use it ~3x a week on average (I'm factoring in non-wearing in the summer months) and it's lasted me about a year. So although it is a bit pricey, it makes sense for me in the long run.

To summarize:
1) Packaging - Squeeze bottle is great to make sure you get every last drop. It can fit into my small makeup case that I keep in my purse at all times.
2) Application - Fingers work perfectly fine to apply for me.
3) Consistency - Already thin and wet, but still doesn't spread as much to my liking when used on its own. Spreads well when applied over a moisturized face.
4) Coverage - Light to medium coverage. Helps even out my skin. Not using it to 'cover' anything.
5) Lasting power - Coverage lasts for 8+ hours, but definitely requires some powder etc for t-zone. Tube lasts about a year when used ~3x/week.