NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by hair type : Other
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

on 1/23/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another favorite of mine. Light coverage, perfect for creating a "no makeup" makeup look. Leaves a dewy finish, perfect base for a cream blush. I like to start on my t-zone area and work outwards, then dab a little concealer on under my eye area. Would be nice if it was a tad more pigmented, but with that said, i have re-bought this too many times to count.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Two words: EFFORTLESS BEAUTY.

I've been using this TM for at least three years now. I should have reviewed long ago. I LOVE it. I put this stuff on and even if I choose to not put any other product on my face, I instantly look 1000x better, yet sooooo natural. It makes my skin look almost flawless and much younger. It's quite sheer yet somehow covers like a dream, as if it is one with my skin.

I'm 46. As I'm getting older, full coverage foundations and even regular coverage foundations give me a tired, stale, heavy look. Aiming to cover every flaw only seems to amplify them -- so it's a fool's errand to even try. Nars Pure Radiant TM offers sheer coverage but because it's radiant, despite that sheer coverage, it somehow makes my skin look both perfect and like I'm not wearing makeup: my skin but WAY better. I haven't figured out the source of the radiance, but it's not shimmer, there is no shimmer. As many have noted, this has a dewy finish. I give a light dusting of loose powder to un-dew the dew. My skin is normal with a moderately oily t-zone (used to be super oily all over). Even though I didn't start using this until my 40s, if I had found it when I was younger, I would have loved it then too. If it can make my unevenly pigmented middle aged skin look awesome, I feel it would look freaking amazing on younger skin, since heavy foundation is rarely a good look on anyone, regardless of age.

I usually put this on over moisturizer -- but even if I don't, it still goes on beautifully. It spreads smoothly and blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way. It smells quite pleasant, but after a couple of minutes I don't detect it anymore. Kinda wish it would linger more because I truly enjoy it. It smells fresh and vaguely edible but I can't pinpoint what it smells like. It has SPF 30. It actually looks better as the day goes on, giving my skin a velvety look. [Editing to add: This product does NOT break out my skin or cause blackheads. Even at age 46 my skin is acne prone and I have had problems with other foundations/TMs. Not this one!]

My only complaints about it are PRICE (it goes up in price at least $1 per year) and COLOR SELECTION.
Price: what are ya gonna do? Many products go up in price. This stuff is great so I'll likely keep forking over. As of this date this Nars TM sells at $44 for 1.9 oz. yet there are other foundations that cost $64-$70 for only 1 oz. (Armani Luminous Silk, for example) and they still don't look as good as this one. Compared to those this seems like a good deal: twice the product at 2/3 the price!

Color selection is better than it was years ago. I wear Finland, and it is a bit too light for me (at the time I started wearing it, the next color up was off for me). But because it is so sheer, it is quite forgiving even without an exact color match. I am about to order Groenland, which is what Narscosmetics.com recommended based upon my answers to their color quiz. I'm nervous about it, afraid it'll be too dark. If so, I'll either return it or try blending it with Finland to create a more exact match. But it will probably be okay even if it is a little dark, because it goes on so sheer.

Bottom line: Try this. I steered my 75 year old mother and 29 year old friend to this and they both absolutely LOVE it and they both ROCK it.

on 8/9/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first review for any product. To be honest I don't usually review anything because they tend to eventually stop performing with extended use and become mediocre over time. But the NARS brand and in particular this TM has consistently impressed me over now 4 months.

I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin and am an NC35 skintone.
I've used nearly every type of foundation/bb cream and nothing made me happy to put it on everyday like this.

Just for ref: I've used Estee Lauder double wear, Mac pro longwear, Clinique, YSL, Too Faced, Maybelline, L'Oréal, Rimmel, Almay, Bourjois the list goes on...all of these either broke me out, (except for Clinique and L'Oréal) or looked too heavy/cakey on my skin. Not letting my skin breath and at the end of the day when I remove my makeup left me looking grey and dull.

I was in Mecca Maxima and noticed a SA who had amazing skin and although I know she was wearing makeup, her skin looked like skin and not found. Off course asked her what foundation she was wearing and she said she never wears foundation but TM and that she used to use Josie's but now uses NARS. I didn't believe it at first bc I thought TMs were too sheer. The NARS TM is now the only "foundation" I wear.

When I use it my skin looks like my skin but clearer and even toned. It doesn't cover blemishes but I use the NARS or MAC concealers for that/under eyes and I powder with either Physicians Formula or Rimmel.

The best part is that even after powder 30 Min in, your skin looks healthy and not dry. I do wear moisturiser (Clinique) and a Too Faced/ Hourglass primer. But it's because I'm always so afraid of breakouts.
I have worn this for 12 hrs everyday and sometimes up to 16 hrs and it's like it blends and looks one with skin. All you need to do is blot and powder every 4-6 hours.

This TM doesn't break me out or cause skin discolouration. Sometimes I think it helps my skin be happy. :) I hope the results remain as good. Because I've read other reviews, where things change. But I just needed to write this for the oily skin girls who might be considering the NARS TM.

on 6/26/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a sample (nars peeps are very generous in giving away sample products ---in manila i mean). Its been awhile since the last time I used a tinted moisturizer and I was surprised by this! Since it really hot here in manila right after application it felt a bit sticky at first but once it settled wow the finish was amazeballs! To think that the shade I got was a tad dark for me the later on it adjusted accordingly to my skintone which i realllyyy love!!! Its light weight doesnt feel like youre wearing anything at all. But ofcourse the price is too steep so Im gonna think a hundred times first before I finally purchase the full size product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product didn't work for me; I reacted quite badly to it. As far as I know I have no allergies, but this tinted moisturizer really stung my eyes. And things got worse after I washed my face -- I suspect I got more of the product in my eyes. I had to rinse them several times.

I have no allergies that I know of; one of the sunscreen filters may have been the culprit. I strongly recommend getting a sample before buying.

This is now gonna be a staple in my makeup collection for as long as it's made! Let me tell you why this is so great the texture is smooth and light but very build able coverage I would say this is very dewy at first but it settles to a satin like finish and its beautiful. This does last pretty long on my skin too it doesn't rub off or get all greasy either or get all patchy this is such a great product.

on 2/23/2016 10:00:00 PM

I don't know who is giving this rave reviews because for me, it was terrible! I had a massive allergic reaction to this, within hours of putting it on my face. My face was itchy, eyes swollen, and I read the ingredients list but could not figure out what I was reacting to. I also noted that within a few hours, it had worn off my skin completely. Initial application looked good, but in less than an hour it started to separate and by the time I went to wash it off a few hours later, it was gone completely. Not for anyone with oily or sensitive skin, that's for sure.

on 1/25/2016 7:39:00 PM

So after a very disappointing run with NARS sheer glow foundation, I went back to exchange it for what I originally intended to get which is this Tinted Moisturizer. The SA discouraged me initially from buying this because I had a lot of breakouts at the time and she said the TM was way too sheer. When I returned the NARS glow and exchanged it for this TM, I got the same SA and I could tell she was pissy about me not liking the glow. I tried tried this out instead.

Pros:
-So easy to blend. I moisturize because I live in a very dry climate and it's winter. I then just rub a dime size all over my face. This evens out texture and small spots. I then cover a 2nd time and this gives slightly more coverage and I blend in with a brush. I then dab concealer where needed for extra coverage. Top with NARS bronzer.
-Finish is sort of glowy to start. It can get a little too shiny as the day wear on but I just blot and it seems to work.
-Cannot see pores

Cons:
--Color. I'm between NC25 and 30 and I have this in Groeland. This shade just doesn't match completely. If I have to build, it turns out oxidizing and turning orange on my face.
-WAY too shiny after a few hours.
-Caused breakouts!!!! This made me sad. Small bumps all over my face.
-Expensive

So I'm not totally sold. The color doesn't work and it's too shiny and cause me to have some kind of reaction, but it is smooth and light to medium coverage. I can see how this would work for someone with dry skin.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have really mixed feelings about this product.
I don't use MAC foundations but I'm guessing I'm a NC20-NC25, so basically I have a yellowy-medium Asian skin tone. I use the Nars tinted moisturiser in Alaska/Light 2 because it's a surprisingly better match for my skin than the darker shades. While the Nars tinted moisturisers don't come in as wide a range of shades as the foundations, these are quite sheer so can suit multiple skin tones.
It does make my skin look better by toning down any redness, and I do prefer its sheer coverage to the heavier, more opaque coverage of typical foundations. Basically, it looks quite natural. My problem with it stems from the fact that when I wear it it seems to cause dry skin and flakes to appear when my skin looked perfectly hydrated beforehand. This could be more of a personal problem than a product problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great product! Love the beautiful coverage. It is very natural and looks great. I'd give it 5 stars if I didn't feel that it contributes to a pimple or 2 each time I use it. :( I'm 45 and do not typically get pimples. It weren't so great, I'd not use it b/c of the potential for acne on occasion. I do experience more shine in the T zone when I use it but that is an ongoing issue for me anyway so if you are wanting something more matte, go with Laura Mercier's smooth fluid matte foundation which is lovely and more matte.

UPDATE: I've stopped using only because I was unable to find a good color match for my skin. Seems these have a lot of 'yellow' in them and just can't get it to work. Highly recommend if you can find the right color for you!!