NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like it, but I don't.
For the reference, my skin is normal to dry, slightly dehydrated and very sensitive.
It has nice sheer coverage, that looks like my skin but better. It's not moisturizing enough to be used on its own and directly emphasizes dry patches. In five hours, my skin starts looking too dry, and the product is worn off.
With the moisturizer, it does okay over my dry patches when I apply it, but in five hours tops, every part of my face that is usually dry becomes looking greasy. I used the same moisturizer with different foundations and never had this effect. Over the moisturizer, in five hours I can barely detect spot coverage of Nars. It becomes spotty and smears all over.
The staying power isn't there no matter how I use it.
The other thing is that it is fragranced and if I apply it anywhere near my eyes (not into the eyes!) my eyes will remain watery through all the day, though I haven't had any skin reaction to the product.

I don't think that it's okay for the product that is priced 45$+taxes to don't have a decent lasting power.

on 10/25/2017 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have it in the lightest shade, and the color is quite beautiful -- it has a somewhat peachy, but neutral undertone, which is difficult to find in pale shades -- and it really brightens up the complexion. Coverage is light to medium and is buildable to a point. Wear is comfortable, though it doesn't replace a moisturizer (for reference, my skin is sensitive, quite dehydrated, but also acne prone due to hormones). All in all, upon first application, it looks very nice, though not the most natural, skin like finish. The finish itself is radiant matte, rather than greasy or altogether flat. It does, however, settle into lines and highlight dry patches despite my aggressive use of hydrating serum, facial oil and moisturizer. It's not a bad product, and if your skin texture is quite good but you're looking for something that will even out redness or discoloration, you will absolutely love this. However, I don't think it plays well with troubled skin texture, and it does look like makeup, which is not what I'm trying to achieve with a tinted moisturizer. The packaging is fine: a squeeze tube, rubberized in that Nars style that attracts dirt, and the price is what you'd expect from the brand. All in all, while this is a decent product that I will use up, it's not particularly great for my needs, especially for the price point, and I will not repurchase. Back to Korean BB Creams I go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I rated the price and packaging fair-to-middling only because I admit I’ve yet to buy the stuff. When I bought a tube of the Orgasm cream blush at Bloomie’s, the wonderful salesman showered me with packets of the stuff (and the creamy concealer) for travel use. (A sample packet takes up way less space in my makeup bag than a tube of my at-home go-to, Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue).

This goes on creamy (use a domed BB cream brush) and evenly without looking like foundation. It evens my skin tone just enough that I need concealer only under the eyes and on dark blue veins & very red spots. No obnoxious scent, and it provides SPF 30 (I use a serum and another SPF 30 moisturizing lotion first—I am very fair and had a near-melanoma scare last year). When I run out of samples, I will buy this—I think I prefer it to the Bare Escentuals, especially because it looks less “mask-y” and is a closer match to my skin tone and shade. (Nars has more available colors than BE).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love NARS as a brand but there is something in this product that I'm sensitive to. It makes my eyes water like crazy. The only other product that has caused this reaction for me is It Cosmetics CC Cream. I think it might be citric acid because I do detect a slight lemony scent. I wish I wasn't sensitive to it because it is very pretty on the skin- radiant and just enough coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have normal/combination skin, I think I am NW20 in Mac and used the colour Finland, which suited my skintone very well.

I had an allergic reaction to this and it made me break out all over my cheeks which is abnormal for me. I was using it for 4-5 days, at first it would go on evenly, taking down the redness where I needed it. I would go about my day, but when I would catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror a few hours later, my face would be extremely shiny, and I would have red patches on my cheeks.. I gave it a chance, I really wanted to like it. I had started using some new products around the same time and was hoping this wouldn't be the culprit, but it was.

The packaging is nice, the colour range is great. I understand giving a poor review because of an allergic reaction isn't fair, but I was less than impressed with the consistency. It seemed to separate on my skin, didn't last long even after setting with powder, and was very visible. It made my forehead so oily, which doesn't happen with other products. I don't really understand the hype, but to each their own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved Smashbox's tinted moisturizer but since that was discontinued, I was looking for a replacement and I tried this one. This is now my favorite and I like it even better than the old Smashbox one. It provides really good coverage for a tinted moisturizer and also provides a beautiful radiance to the skin (it's definitely appropriately named)! It's painfully expense but my first tube lasted me almost exactly a year (I used it fairly consistently) and you don't need to use a lot of it.

on 1/24/2016 2:34:00 PM

I purchased this after getting my makeup done at a department store. I have mixed feelings about it. I am very low maintenance and basically wanted one product to even out my skin tone and make me look somewhat put together. I was told Alaska Light 2 would be my match (forgive me I have no idea if I am NC or NW or what number).
Pros: Coverage is sheer (which I expected; I wasn't looking for a "foundation"). I love the fact that it has sunscreen. It does even out my complexion. It doesn't seem to oxidize on my face. It does not break me out (shockingly, as almost everything does). I thought my skin was starting to look better after using it for a while.
Cons: I have to agree with other reviewers in the respect that it highlights dry patches and settles into lines and yet in oily areas looks really shiny after a few hours. I use it both with and without moisturizer underneath depending on winter or summer use.
Price seems expensive for a tinted moisturizer.

I would probably repurchase despite the cost although I'm sure there are other tinted moisturizers with sunscreen that provide sheer coverage at a fraction of the cost. However I don't want to waste time or money trying product after product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great product! Love the beautiful coverage. It is very natural and looks great. I'd give it 5 stars if I didn't feel that it contributes to a pimple or 2 each time I use it. :( I'm 45 and do not typically get pimples. It weren't so great, I'd not use it b/c of the potential for acne on occasion. I do experience more shine in the T zone when I use it but that is an ongoing issue for me anyway so if you are wanting something more matte, go with Laura Mercier's smooth fluid matte foundation which is lovely and more matte.

UPDATE: I've stopped using only because I was unable to find a good color match for my skin. Seems these have a lot of 'yellow' in them and just can't get it to work. Highly recommend if you can find the right color for you!!

on 5/20/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was color matched to Finland in store at Sephora and have been using that for a couple weeks. Before this I used Lancome's Teinte Miracle, but started having trouble with dry spots and the Lancome would need several reapplications.

The GOOD about NARS Moisturizer: Stays put all day, doesn't rub off, covers well, moisturizes, no dry patches.

The BAD: You MUST get ALLLLLLLLL of this stuff OFF your face at the end of the day. I've had to up my makeup removal to a double-pass and sometimes need to use an oil-based makeup remover just to get it all off. BEFORE I did this, NARS gave me small bumps on my cheeks and some cysts on my chin. BUT once I started upping the makeup removal routine and discovered that (gasp) this stuff really has some staying power, the acne cleared right up.

TLDR: Great coverage, make sure you get it all off at the end of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am super pale, but every pale [foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturiser] I've ever bought ALWAYS without fail ends up too dark or a completely different pale to my skin. For christmas I was bought NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Terra Neuve. Finally, a pale skin tone THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES MY COLOUR. I was stoked that when I applied the moisturiser it was my exact skin tone and covered my redness without covering my freckles. It made my face look luminous and awake. The coverage could be increased if I put more on, or another layer, or applied with a brush, but I found the light coverage with a touch of bronzer to contour to be a perfect look for everyday wear. Really love this product, just a little bummed about the price :( The smell was fresh and not strong and the product glided on easy as. Only downfall is it left my nose looking a bit shiny, but easy fixed with a bit of pressed powder. Overall I noticed that my skin was left moisturised and stayed clear with use of this product. It covered my imperfections without being too heavy and clogging my pores. A fantastic product, absolutely recommend. Thankyou NARS, you've done it again!