NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

on 2/19/2018 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This made my combo/clog prone skin super oily and shiny it also felt like I was wearing foundation (heavy). I’d recommend this for those that are dry/normal. I prefer my it cosmetics CC cream to this as it leaves me with a little glow but not oily. Coverage is medium.

I really really really wanted to love this-- I thought I had finally found my HG, and had read so many lovely reviews on how classic and dependable this is. But alas--- it broke me out :( Badly. And it's pretty obvious that it's the culprit, stopped using 2 days ago and my breakouts are already way less inflamed. Plus, it kind of made me shiny/ my makeup slippery, and my skin is dry/ thirsty AF so that's saying something.

on 12/9/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

EDIT: I didn’t get Groenland and St Moritz lol people on the tester counters mixed up the tubes & placed them in the wrong place. I got Alaska and Cuzco lol. Alaska matches me very well.

I’ve never liked tinted moisturisers much and have always been partial to foundation, but lately I’ve been trying to go foundation-free as I work on my skincare. I thought maybe it might be time to try tinted moisturiser again - and boy, they’ve come a long way since the greasy, covered-literally-nothing days!

Pros:
- Coverage. I’m normally acne-prone but I haven’t been breaking out too much so I don’t desire a full-coverage makeup base now. I want a more natural look, so I like this. I wouldn’t say it covered nothing either. The coverage is definitely there.
- Good colour match. Thank God I got samples from Mecca Cosmetics before buying because the shade I thought I was (St Moritz) ended up being too dark for me! The shade lighter than that (Groenland) ended up suiting me quite well even though it’s supposed to have a neutral pink/peachy tone (my skin is more yellow toned). I think if you’re an NC30-35 St Moritz would match, but right now I’m more of an NC25-30 and Groenland suits me better.
- Application is easy. I use my fingers. It works.
- Not greasy like other tinted moisturisers I’ve tried. My face can get a bit shiny after a few hours but if I powder up after application, it doesn’t do that. Then again, my skin isn’t too oily. It also hasn’t broken me out (yet?)
- Has SPF. Doesn’t make a huge difference for me since I choose to wear SPF underneath any makeup anyway but to those who rely on their base makeup for SPF, this is a good option. May want to stay if your skin doesn’t like chemical sunscreens. This has that.

Cons:
- Can emphasise dry patches, even minor ones. But I do find that if I apply this straight after my skincare, it doesn’t seem to do that as much.
- Still need to use a concealer for particularly dark PIH or pimples. What can I say though? This is a tinted moisturiser, so of course coverage will be quite light.
- The price haha retails for around $60 in Australia.

All in all, I would most likely buy the actual tube once my sample has run out. I’m not exactly enthused by the price and having it cling to dry patches, but I think the pros outweigh the cons in terms of what I’m personally looking for in a tinted moisturiser.

on 10/11/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was hoping to love this but I didn't. It left my face looking shiny and it felt sticky and heavy. I would not recommend this for combination or oily skin

on 7/22/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Color me impressed. This is the first tinted anything that actually covers similar to a foundation. I wanted a alternative option for going makeup free on running short errands or playing golf, and this tinted moisturizer seems to fit the bill. I ended up purchasing L3 Groenland, after debating between L2 and L3. Also, that's all my Sephora had in stock between the two and the lighting was so bad, I really couldn't tell. So far, I think I made a good choice for my NC30ish skin.

Update: This caused me to breakout badly. So long.

on 12/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

I used this product about 10 times and I believe it made me look worse than better.It gave absolutely no coverage to my few acne scars. I am fair skinned and the lightest shade made me look orange. This product was not very easy to blend either. I am glad that I only purchased the small size because now it just sits in my makeup bag.

on 9/22/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WORST PRODUCT EVER! If you have combo to oily skin I'd advise you to stay away from this product. Nars products tend to contain high amounts of oil, and if you have skin like mine your skin will not agree!! This broke me out with cystic acne I've never had, due to it's excess oil clogging up the oil in my skin! Waste of money

on 7/16/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am CRAZY for this because it works with my hectic mornings and it has SPF in it. I use a serum for my acne and then put this on top. There's a pretty limited shade selection, but annapurina works for me. It has impressive coverage (medium) and it feels like it gets absorbed into my skin. It doesn't make me break out or make my face feel oily as the day goes on. If I have a little bit more time, I can put on some setting powder and put my makeup routine on top. I think it's worth the price tag because I honestly feel like it's so unique and I wear sunscreen everyday.

on 6/26/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Got this as a sample (nars peeps are very generous in giving away sample products ---in manila i mean). Its been awhile since the last time I used a tinted moisturizer and I was surprised by this! Since it really hot here in manila right after application it felt a bit sticky at first but once it settled wow the finish was amazeballs! To think that the shade I got was a tad dark for me the later on it adjusted accordingly to my skintone which i realllyyy love!!! Its light weight doesnt feel like youre wearing anything at all. But ofcourse the price is too steep so Im gonna think a hundred times first before I finally purchase the full size product.

on 4/14/2016 11:57:00 PM

The shade Alaska matches my NC25 skin reasonably well. However, my skin is too oily for this - it starts out nice and dewy, and then melts in a couple of hours.