NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The finish of this wears well all day, and is the most matte tinted moisturizer I have ever used - I didn't see any "radiant" properties about it. The formula is watery - I found it difficult to dispense and spread a sheer layer, so it always went on a little heavy for me.
I got some of this in the summer to try in a slightly darker tint, but used it only a few times because the color was off (my bad, but the lighting in my local ULTA was absolutely terrible until recently) and the fragrance level of this is super high - way more scented than any high end brand I've ever tried. So I took it back. I have a few NARS products, and the radiant creamy concealer is a great product, but this was disappointing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

hate the smell and packaging, very average product the stuff you find in the drugstore is much better than this particular product

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first tinted moisturizer I ever tried, and I really did love it for a long time. I love the smell. Biggest downside is that it would turn orange-y on my skin by mid-afternoon if I applied it in the morning, and because my skin is scary-dry, it sometimes made the desert-like cracks on my forehead stand out like whoa. Tarte BB TM is now my HG, but I would still recommend this product to someone who wants a great selection of shades, some SPF, and decent coverage.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was impressed with the Nars foundation so I decided to buy this in the same shade for summer as foundation is annoying in summer.
I have dry skin and I have to say I'm disappointed with this for the price of 29 which is basically the same as a foundation its not worth the money. It's not long wearing even if I set it and it doesn't cover up my spots well or my red areas of my face you also will need to put more in throughout the day..the lid is also hard to open I feel like it may break each time I try and open it

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am impressed with this. It make my skin look naturally dewy and glowy. I get compliments on how nice my skin is when I use it. This TM has staying power. Unlike other TM that fade within a few hours, this lasted me my whole day without primer or powder. I did take a lippie off for price, but honestly you get what you pay for.

I use this for my no makeup make up look. I simply apply moisturizer, sunblock, and this TM. That's it. Great for work.For reference I have dry skin. Not prone to acne but I do battle hyper pigmentation. I find this moisturizing. This does a pretty good job evening out skin considering its a TM.

My true color is Malaga which is for those who are around NC45 with yellow undertones. I also bought Martinique which has red undertones but I like it for summer as it makes me look tanner.

on 2/19/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I have extremely dry, flakey skin and went to Sephora looking for a recommendation. The technician used a little machine that takes 3 pictures of your face and chooses a shade for you. I am very yellow and warm toned but the lady came up with Light 3, Groenland.... Which is bizarre because the description on NARS website says this is a pink toned color with peachy undertones. Weird! In the store it looked perfect on me but outside in the sun it seems a little too dark and orangey, but not too bad.

It is beautifully moisturizing and easy to apply. I don't consider this a tinted moisturizer as much as a foundation. It's more coverage than a BB Cream or TM but not as much as full coverage foundation.

I can see where this would be greasy on oily skin but for my incredibly dry flakey skin, this is perfect!!! I always apply everything with a wet sponge but a foundation brush gives more coverage.

There is a weird chemical type smell I'm not fond of but it disappears quickly.

I bought this after buying and returning the Tarte 12 hr Primer BB Cream because it was dry, cakey, matte finish that accentuated every dry flake of skin on my face.

Overall this is A++++ LOVE IT!

on 2/12/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite everyday face product. It is so incredible, I love it. The formula is so smooth, creamy, weightless, and long lasting on the face. It offers sheer to medium coverage that is natural but has a dewy, radiant, glow. I have pretty much flawless skin and can go without foundation just fine, but I do have some dark spots and dry patches. This is the final step for me to have absolutely perfect skin. It evens out my skintone, adds a glow, and just makes me look awake and healthy. It's amazing that it doesn't emphasize any dry patches on my face. Also, my face doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable with it. You know how if you have very dry skin some foundations can start feeling just fine but can make your face feel like a desert after a few hours? This doesn't do that at all! Instead, it maintains a glow and remains hydrating. But I don't think it's just for dry skin; oily skin will love it too. I have the shade St. Moritz, which is a tad bit too dark for me but I didn't bother exchanging it for a lighter shade because it blends so beautifully onto the skin and looks so natural. My only problem is the price tag. Dang, it is expensive but you do get a lot of product. However, I will continue to repurchase because my skin looks photoshop flawless with it. If you can afford it, get it because I can't think of a dupe.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have this in the shades Cuba and Annapurna. I love love love the coverage, the way it feels and how well this wears. The coverage on me is medium with the help of a flat top angled kabuki. I have very, very dry skin that can be combo around the nose and forehead, so I lightly dust those areas with powder. It is expensive but to its defense, the size is almost double the average so it is definitely worth it! will repurchase without a doubt.

on 5/17/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So, I've been using this TM for about a month now and I really like it. I've previously used Laura Mercier TM (pretty good, a lot less coverage than Nars), and Aveeno (horrible, sparkly and greasy)
Pros
--> Good coverage - It's a lot higher than the other TM I've used and it's almost on par with the Sheer Glow foundation, which I love
--> Moisturizing - I still use a moisturizer before, but I also recognize that I have very dry skin and need a richer moisturizer than most skin types
--> Finish - It gives me a nice 'glow' without looking greasy
--> Packaging - Squeeze tube which is simple, sturdy, and hygienic
Cons
--> Price - It's more than what I would like to pay for (but what isn't?) but Nars is a higher end brand, so I know I will pay more
--> Shade range - This is the big drawback for me, and why I took off a lippy. I'm using Finland, which I can get away with, but they don't have anything really suitable for the very pale or cool, pink toned people. I use Mont Blanc in Nars Sheer Glow, and I really wish they had something closer to that

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase. I've been applying this with my fingers, add some concealer where I need it (generally around the nose and under the eyes) and sometimes set it with MUFHD powder. If you don't need a ton of coverage and and can find a shade that matches I would highly recommend testing it out.

on 5/12/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. I really do. I have been on the hunt for years for something this light, and that has SPF in it that doesn't break me out. I hate the feeling of makeup on my face, and for that reason, every moisturizer with SPF I have ever tried has felt way too heavy for me. I'm so glad I tried this product because it's exactly what I've been looking for. It's light feeling, it has enough coverage for my clear, but dry skin, and it has a pretty good SPF! It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I have tried a lot of products and this is the only one with SPF that I have been 100% satisfied with. The only drawback (and why I only gave 4 lippies) is that the range seems best suited for people with yellow undertones to their skin, so someone with pink undertones might not be able to find a good match.