NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 Sunscreen PA+++
Net WT. 1.9 Oz. 50 mL
Price: $42 (USD)

My shade: St. Moritz, Medium 1 (Sheer Glow/Matte: Barcelona, MAC: NC40, Shiseido: B60)
My skin type: oily, acne-prone

Ingredients:
Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.4%, Titanium Dioxide 6.1%

Inactive ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Cyclomethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydorxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxano, Fragrance, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Aluminum Distearate, Talc, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Polysilicone-2, Vibrio Alginolyticus Ferment Filtrate, Tocopherol, Alteromonas Ferment Filtrate, Sea Salt, Hydogen Dimethicone, BHT, Algae Extract, Sodium Metabisulfite, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Potassium Sorbate, [+/- (May contain): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

NARS claims:
“This lightweight oil-free tinted moisturizer immediately helps thirsty skin feel hydrated. It has been proven to help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation for a clearer and brighter complexion in just 4 weeks. It obscures the appearance of lines, wrinkles, pores, and other imperfections. SPF 30/PA+++ adds a translucent veil of protection.

Oil-free, Paraben-free, Synthetic-Fragrance-free, Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist tested.”

MY REVIEW:
I have been using this for about 10 days. Please keep in mind I am comparing NARS to Bobbi Browns tinted moisturizer, which I used for about 2 months. I wanted to try something new so I went to the NARS counter to purchase Sheer Glow and was introduced to this product (I walked out with both). The Sales Associate first applied Annapurna, which was too yellow for my skin. It left my skin orangey. She then applied St. Moritz, which is one shade lighter and a better match.

I was a bit hesitant using another TM because after using Bobbi Brown’s TM for 2 months, I noticed my face getting oily shortly after application. So back to the store it went. I skip moisturizer and sunblock while this product allows me to. I enjoy the one-step kind of products.

It has been about 10 days and this is by far one of the better TM that has kept my oil under control. After 4 hours of wear, there is a nice sheen to my skin, definitely not oily looking.

USAGE AND APPLICATION:
After cleansing and toning, I apply my eye cream then follow with NARS’ Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer then NARS’ tinted moisturizer with clean fingers. I prefer applying with my fingers as I do with most of my liquid foundations. I usually spot conceal after applying my liquid foundation, but I skip this step when using TM’s. The reason being, is that I like the finish of this TM as it shows my natural skin. My skin has minor blemishes, so it covers just enough to even out my skin tone. I then apply blush and finish my whole look with NARS’ Loose Powder in Eden.

CONSISTENCY AND COVERAGE:
It’s your typical creamy moisturizer, but a bit thicker. But not too thick that it can’t spread easily. The coverage is light to medium. I suggest starting off with half a pea size and build if you need more. The first time I applied it, I use double the pea size and it looked way too cakey. Keep in mind, it's buildable. If you want more coverage, spot concealing can be followed after application and before a finishing powder if preferred.

WHAT DO I EXPECT FROM THIS PRODUCT?
I expect this product to give me a more even look as well as the added protection from the sun. In addition, I’m looking for oil control, but not a matte finish. This product does exactly what I'm looking for.

OVERALL:
I really like the lightweight feel of this TM. I haven’t noticed any reduction of my hyperpigmentation. I will continue using this solely for the coverage, finish, and texture. Even if it does not reduce discolorations, I’ll still use this. I do like the moisturizing effects of both BB and NARS, I mostly like the oil control better with NARS especially since this will be my spring/summer coverage. I will add a more in depth review later on to see if there have been any improvements.

It’s also nice to see a TM that uses PA+++, which is an element in a lot of Japanese sunscreens that adds extra protection. I definitely could see more brands following this method for tinted moisturizers in the near future.

***UPDATE: MARCH 10***
I love it, but haven't seen any changes to my skin. I have minimal scaring left behind form acne so as it claims to lighten and I don't see that. I didn't buy it for that reason anyways, so I'm keeping it.

I was setting it with NARS' Loose Powder in Eden which looked beautiful when first applied, but then I noticed I was getting extremely oily shortly after. Now that I've stopped using both products together I'm less oily. I now set it with Giorgio Armani Micro-fil Loose Powder. That seems to work the best for my skin at controlling oil.

PURCHASE AGAIN?

on 4/14/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Background:
Having been “blessed” with very oily, acne-prone skin, I am relatively new to the world of tinted moisturizers/BB creams; normally I opt for powder or liquid foundations that typically offer medium coverage. Unfortunately my skin gets clogged very easily if I am using products that have comedogenic ingredients, or if I am using so-called ‘non-acnegenic’ foundations that offer heavy coverage (e.g. ELDW) but with with daily usage eventually break me out in cystic acne. In my quest to lighten the load on my face, I decided to try my luck with tinted moisturizers – and that is how NARS pure radiant TM came into my life 3 weeks ago.

What I have used before:
I have also tried Laura Mercier oil-free (in Tan, I think), Bobbi Brown oil-free (light-medium), Tarte Smooth Operator (Agent 14) TMs as well as EL’s DayWear BB cream (medium). LM turned me into a shiny grease ball even before I was out the door even with powder on top), Tarte’s was too rich/too shiny and broke me out in 3 days, BB’s application needed too much hocus-pocus with moisturizers/blending techniques because it grabbed onto dry areas on my face (I have these due to my topical anti-acne treatments of BP and salycilic acid), and EL’s BB cream looks too ashy/fake tan-like on me. Thank goodness, NARS TM is another story!

NARS TM shade/coverage:
I use the shade St. Moritz which is a perfect match to my skin tone - I guesstimate to be around NC35-ish as I do not use MAC makeup since Studio Fix gave me a bad breakout. For reference, I am Stromboli in NARS Sheer Matte (my perfect colour match during the winter), apricot (3+) in Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat, B50 in Chanel’s Perfection Lumiere, and 410 Bisque W in Lancome’s Teint Idole Ultra 24h. It is definitely gives a medium-light (but not sheer) coverage, if fact I think it has the most coverage among the TMs I have tried.

Here are the currently avaiable 9 shades from fairest to deepest, with a MAC skin colour/tone guide based on reviews here on MUA/friends’ hauls. Your best bet is to sample in person.

1. Finland (light1) netural pink&yellow NC15, NW15? more neutral, beige
2. Alaska (light2) netural pink&yellow NC20-25, even up to NC30; may also match NW25-30; more yellow-toned than Finland

3. St. Moritz (medium1) neutral yellow NC35-NC37; bit dark for NC30, too light for NC40+

4. Annapurna (medium2) neutral peach NC40
5. Cuba (medium3) neutral (pink&yellow) NC40-NC44

6. Malaga (medium dark1) warm caramel NC42-NC45
7. Seychelles (medium dark2) golden olive NC??
8. Martinique (medium dark3) warm red NW43-45

9. Polynesia (dark) warm chochlate NC/NW45+; may match up to NW50

What I like about NARS TM:
- very nice finish: it truly give a subtle glow (unlike the greasy “glow” of LM’s TM);
- with only one midday touch-up with MAC’s blotting powder, it still looks good by the end of the day even on my very oily skin. I should add that my oiliness is being curbed by applications of a blemish control toner (Paula’s Choice Clear Toner), my HG primer (Hourglass), and Mattify! powder (in T-zone only).
- the “my-skin- but-(much)- better” look it gives all day; I should mention though that it does not cover redness, acne marks well so a concealer is still needed
- allows me to skip moisturizer, and spf; yey, less products on my face!
- applies easily: spreading a pea-sized drop with my fingers if in a hurry, or a dabbing 2 pea-sized drops with a wet sponge (best method to prevent smudging off concealer)
-versatile: I can use it as my principal coverage as per above, or I can use it as a moisturizer under a powder foundation to get a more all-over coverage. I have also used this TM to add a tid-bit of a glow to my day look when using a somewhat flat looking powder foundation: on top of a powder foundaiton, I pat VERY little (1/4 pea-size) of this TM on my forehead, and into the V-shape area of my cheeks marked by the outer corners of the eye and nostrils, but of course I omit the nose; this definitely saves me from the fate of looking like a Twilight vampire in the sunlight, something that I can always count on when I try to use an illuminator during the day.
- is moisturizing enough for me; I am very oily though so it may not be moisturizing enough for drier skin types.
- contains a physical sunblock (titanium dioxide) that is photostable so it offers decent protection from both UVA and UVB rays without having to reapply it every 2hrs or so (and I have yet to meet a person who does that with TMs and foundations out there that contain only chemical sunscreen ingredients)
- gives a softness to my skin that stays even after I take this TM off

What are the cons with this TM:
- the price; $49 CDN is pricey for a TM especially because I will need to purchase at least one darker shade to match my skintone over the course of the summer; however if I consider that I do not need a separate spf and moisturizer, the price is not so bad
- shade range: though I have found a perfect shade (St. Moritz), the shades from one to the next not only jump a lot in depth, they also vary in undertone; I have tried Annapurna, the next shade after St. Moritz, and it looked not only darker, but dinstinctly more orange on me (I am very yellow toned though so this may not be a problem for others)
- the fact that despite stating this TM is non-comedogenic, it contains a moderately comedogenic ingredient (tocopherol, the more comedogenic form of vitamin E) as well as a highly comedogenic, though thankfully minor, ingredient (algae extract). Of course, ingredients are only potential porecloggers until proven so by zits but some of the reviewers here have already complained about acne due to this product....

UPDATE 7/Dec/12: In 8 months of daily use, has not clogged my pores, and no breakouts. Greatly improved the softness of my skin. For summer, I had to buy 2nd shade (Cuba) to mix with St Moritz. Despite the cost, HG!

on 2/15/2012 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I usually don't review products because a) I don't feel too strongly about them and b) it'll get lost in a sea of other reviews.

Well, I feel pretty strongly about this TM.

It's really nice. And by really nice, I mean it's the best TM I've ever used - even better than Laura Mercier, which had been my HG. I'm between NC20-25 with oily, acne-prone skin, and use the shade Alaska. It looks a little dark when swatched on my skin, but blends in to be invisible.

Here's what I like about it:

- Light-medium coverage - enough to cover up any redness in my cheeks and around my nose and detract from some acne scars. This is heavier than the Laura Mercier, but doesn't get cakey. Minimizes my pores, too!

- AWESOME finish - it looks like my skin, but glowing and even. No hint of shimmer, just a natural, healthy glow. It basically looks like you're not wearing any makeup, and just having a 'good skin day.' I hate the obvious look of foundation, so I've always been a TM girl. When the SA put it on me, I got that same giddy rush I got with my first red lipstick.

- Good sun protection - SPF 30 for UVB protection, PA +++ for UVA protection. I like the added UVA protection, especially since most TMs don't have it at the moment. It's more of a BB cream thing, and BB creams tend to break me out and have a greyish cast.

- No breakouts! I've been wearing this for 10 days now, and no sign of any irritation. It does have silicones, so if be wary if your skin doesn't play nice with those.

- Smells nice (natural lemony-scent which fades after application), applies easily (fingers or brush, anything goes!), decent staying time, doesn't oxidize, feels absolutely weightless. This is not a problem product for me. I literally have NO issues working with it, and I really enjoy having one less product to agonize over.

Here's what I don't like:

- The packaging is cute and chic, but I feel like Hercules every time I flip open the cap. I'm worried I'll either tear the flip cap off its hinge or accidentally squeeze out half the bottle while I'm trying to open it. No such disaster yet, though.

- Price. $42 for 1.7 oz is ridiculous, but it's also pretty standard for HE products.

- This doesn't affect me personally, but their shade range needs improvement. Finland, the lightest shade, probably could have worked for me, which means that if you're any lighter than NC15, it'll make you look like an oompa-loompa. I hope Nars figures this out and adds a new shade soon.

I'll definitely be buying this again when I run out.

**EDIT** 2/29/2012

I've been using this for just short of 4 weeks, and so far, so good. No breakouts! I still don't believe a lick about the promo material suggesting that it'll improve your skin, but it certainly doesn't aggravate mine at all, which is more than I can say for most other products.

**EDIT** 3/29/2012

Two months in, I'm still in love with the finish of this TM, though the oil control is really lacking.

I've read some reviews saying that this product causes breakouts and clogs pores. Yes, if you have a problem with silicones, this WILL do awful things to your skin, However, I have sensitive skin that clogs very easily, and don't have any problem with silicones UNLESS I don't wash my face correctly.

It is my personal opinion that regular cleansers don't remove silicone-heavy products effectively, and I choose to use an oil cleanser before my regular cleanser to assure all traces of makeup are removed. I also do my best to remove my makeup as soon as I get home, to prevent "suffocating" my face. A good foundation product will meld with your skin, which also (unfortunately) means that it's hard to remove. Before you completely exclude all silicones from your makeup, consider changing your removal process a little.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Two words: EFFORTLESS BEAUTY.

I've been using this TM for at least three years now. I should have reviewed long ago. I LOVE it. I put this stuff on and even if I choose to not put any other product on my face, I instantly look 1000x better, yet sooooo natural. It makes my skin look almost flawless and much younger. It's quite sheer yet somehow covers like a dream, as if it is one with my skin.

I'm 46. As I'm getting older, full coverage foundations and even regular coverage foundations give me a tired, stale, heavy look. Aiming to cover every flaw only seems to amplify them -- so it's a fool's errand to even try. Nars Pure Radiant TM offers sheer coverage but because it's radiant, despite that sheer coverage, it somehow makes my skin look both perfect and like I'm not wearing makeup: my skin but WAY better. I haven't figured out the source of the radiance, but it's not shimmer, there is no shimmer. As many have noted, this has a dewy finish. I give a light dusting of loose powder to un-dew the dew. My skin is normal with a moderately oily t-zone (used to be super oily all over). Even though I didn't start using this until my 40s, if I had found it when I was younger, I would have loved it then too. If it can make my unevenly pigmented middle aged skin look awesome, I feel it would look freaking amazing on younger skin, since heavy foundation is rarely a good look on anyone, regardless of age.

I usually put this on over moisturizer -- but even if I don't, it still goes on beautifully. It spreads smoothly and blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way. It smells quite pleasant, but after a couple of minutes I don't detect it anymore. Kinda wish it would linger more because I truly enjoy it. It smells fresh and vaguely edible but I can't pinpoint what it smells like. It has SPF 30. It actually looks better as the day goes on, giving my skin a velvety look. [Editing to add: This product does NOT break out my skin or cause blackheads. Even at age 46 my skin is acne prone and I have had problems with other foundations/TMs. Not this one!]

My only complaints about it are PRICE (it goes up in price at least $1 per year) and COLOR SELECTION.
Price: what are ya gonna do? Many products go up in price. This stuff is great so I'll likely keep forking over. As of this date this Nars TM sells at $44 for 1.9 oz. yet there are other foundations that cost $64-$70 for only 1 oz. (Armani Luminous Silk, for example) and they still don't look as good as this one. Compared to those this seems like a good deal: twice the product at 2/3 the price!

Color selection is better than it was years ago. I wear Finland, and it is a bit too light for me (at the time I started wearing it, the next color up was off for me). But because it is so sheer, it is quite forgiving even without an exact color match. I am about to order Groenland, which is what Narscosmetics.com recommended based upon my answers to their color quiz. I'm nervous about it, afraid it'll be too dark. If so, I'll either return it or try blending it with Finland to create a more exact match. But it will probably be okay even if it is a little dark, because it goes on so sheer.

Bottom line: Try this. I steered my 75 year old mother and 29 year old friend to this and they both absolutely LOVE it and they both ROCK it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've waited awhile to review this product because I wanted to make sure my feelings are accurate and not just side effects of new-product-excitement. I am super porcelain pale and lean to a cooler undertone. I purchased the lightest shade, Finland. If Finland were any darker, or any more yellow, I would have to return it and continue looking for something else. I have asked my husband (repeatedly and to the point of annoyance) if this tinted moisturizer shade looks - in any way - too dark, yellow, or generally bad and he has assured me that it does not. I have to take off a Lippie because I think some of the truly pale may have a problem with Finland not being light enough. (this is harsh and I hate to do it, because I think this is a great product...I am indeed so ghostly that I almost get the impression that this TM may make me look slightly healthy and almost alive) I don't get any demarcation or mask-face. I'm also keeping in mind that it's currently February and I could scare the grey right out of the Crypt Keeper about now.

I'm *crazy* about the finish. Not too dewey/greaseball but perfectly luminious. It feels like nothing on the skin, and stays looking nice until I wash my face at night. It doesn't seperate on the skin or dry my face out during the day. (I do use an additional moisturizer undeneath because I have really dry skin.)
There is a slight lemon fragrance (not Pledge... more like lemonade) but it dissapates quickly and I haven't found it irritating.
But almost best of all: No Silica! Yay. Silica gives me cystic acne and is in almost every foundation or tinted moisturizer out there. While this Nars TM is slightly 'cone-heavy, I am not breaking out from it. (ah ha! - see edited area below)
If you have the opportunity to at least sample this, I would highly recommend it.

*** Edited***
Oh my goodness, I have spoke/reviewed too soon! I have broken out from this product like a fiend. I currently have 7 (yes, that's right, 7) blemishes, 4 of which are on my forehead. I haven't had a zit on my forehead in years. I haven't broken out like this in probably years either. Being 32, any blemishes I get nowadays are on my chin/jawline, and are pretty much hormonal, so I know it has to be this TM. It's a shame and I'm jealous of everyone who's loving it.
*sigh*

on 2/26/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a very early review and I will update after couple of uses. Tried this out yesterday in Nordstrom and I have it on today as well..Ever since I read about this product over here been wanting to try this on and see if this could be a HG..I am super crazy about TM's :O) This was a love at first application :) I know its a stretch but NARS has this spot on in terms of consistency which is very light and creamy not thick and goopy yet it does cover better than all the other tinted moisturizers that I have tried. You do not need a lot of product, does the job super well. But the 1 issue with this product is finding the right color match as all the shades lean towards the yellow range..it could be very tough if your are inbetween shades. I was matched with St Moritz( I am NC40) which blends in and makes it look like I have very good skin. The SPF 30 is another plus plus plus and light lemony scent is also a very nice touch.Same price range as the LM TM which is crap (IMO as it also broke me out) 45 dollars for the NARS TM is worth it. I finish with MAC Studio Careblend, flawless skin.... haven't felt this good in very long time.
Overall A Amazing product..will update after couple of uses and crossing my fingers hoping it does not break me out.
UPDATE** 1 ** Its transfer proof and rub proof..did not transfer to my other clothes. The staying power is also great. Put this on in the morning and stayed put till I took off in the night.
UPDATE** 2 ** Wore this to the gym today and it did not rub off.
UPDATE**3**(3/19/12) Still doing wonderful with this moisturizer
UPDATE**4**(07/10/12) Still doing great with this moisturizer, went back to trying my old TM's but noticed that NARS covers much better
UPDATE**5**(03/09/13) Sad to say that this product has given me breakouts, another one bites the dust..

on 2/14/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

UPDATE: Still really enjoying this tinted moisturizer. No breakouts, good sun protection. A few caveats: those who have fair skintones may not be able to find a color match easily (so definitely swatch before you purchase!), as only Finland can be characterized as a color match for fair skin, and Alaska for light-medium skintones. Also, I find that if I layer on the tinted moisturizer for additional coverage, my skin looks a bit lackluster. It looks best if I apply just one layer of tinted moisturizer rather than putting on more for additional coverage!

Original review:

Being a fan of NARS products, I was extremely excited for the launch of this product, so as soon as it was available at Nordstrom, I rushed to purchase it! I've used it for about two weeks now, and am very pleased with the tinted moisturizer.

-At first, I was a bit concerned about the shade selection for my NC30/NARS Sheer Glow Punjab/Make Up For Ever HD 120 skintone. I knew Finland (the first shade) would be too light, and after swatching St. Moritz (third shade), I realized that shade would be too dark. I was hesitant about Alaska since it is classified as a "Light 2" shade, but my normal foundation shade, Nars Punjab, is classified as "Medium 1." However, Alaska has proven to be a great match for my light-medium yellow-toned skintone.

-The coverage and texture have been excellent for a tinted moisturizer. I've tried a number of tinted moisturizers, including Laura Mercier's and Smashbox's. While I loved the convenience and low-maintenance factors of those tinted moisturizers, I wasn't a fan of their sheer coverage or how after a number of hours, the TM would feel slightly gummy and look shiny on my oily skin. With NARS, the coverage has been just as good as what I'd get with their Sheer Glow Foundation (which, to those who aren't familiar with Sheer Glow, isn't really sheer), but the TM looks more natural (doesn't settle into pores or lines) and feels absolutely fantastic, like second skin! Depending on how much you apply, I would classify the coverage as light-medium, and it can certainly be built to medium without looking unnatural.

-The lasting power of this tinted moisturizer has been impressive too. Besides its lightweight and comfortable texture, its staying power on my oily skin has been excellent. After a long workday, the tinted moisturizer is still intact.

-No breakouts on my acne-prone skin after a few weeks of using this.

I am very happy with this tinted moisturizer and am so glad to have switched from using foundation to this product. Sometimes, my skin will feel heavy after using foundation, and it takes more work -- I have to be careful to fully blend in the foundation. WIth this tinted moisturizer, I love how I only have to use one product (rather than a separate sunscreen and primer), and it feels and looks seamless on the skin. I highly recommend this product!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Just got this yesterday and I am in love! I've tried a few tinted moisturizers from Mary Kay to Laura Mercier and I must say I am very pleased with this one. I picked it up at my local Nordstrom counter and tried the last few shades and two of them could have easily worked for me. The MA swatched it on my cheek and I fell for the shade Seychelles which is Med/Dark2. I am a Nc45 in Mac and this was the closest match for me. The shade range is pretty good I noticed more yellow in the shades than red so this will be great for WOC. There is 1.9 oz or 50ml of product in this and it comes in a squeeze tube bottle. It has SPF 30 sunscreen PA+++ and UVA/UVB protection. So I am very excited to use this during the summer! It feels very lightweight on my skin and gave a beautiful glow after application. It also has Vitamin C in it which is great for discoloration and dark spots on the skin. This is definitely good for sheer coverage but I used this with my sigma F80 brush just to add a bit more coverage to my skin and I noticed it covered up a majority of my acne scars. It left my skin feeling very moisturized and didn't leave that tacky feeling that you get from most tinted moisturizers from the sunscreen thats in it. It blends very well and is great for covering up redness. It has a lemon smell to it but the smell fades away after a while. I am excited to wear this out today and will be back with an update!!

on 3/3/2012 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased Finland for winter (NC15-20) and Alaska for summer (NC20-25). My winter skin is usually one shade up from lightest foundation shade so Finland might not work for true porcelain skin. Light to medium coverage with a slight luminous glow. Doesn't overemphasize my dry patches and has great lasting power. Not as heavy feeling as the bb creams I have tried but coverage is comparable. On me it doesn't seem to minimize pores/lines (not much does) but certainly does not highlight them either, many products do. As others mentioned, these shades seem more yellow based than pink/neutral. Personally I like this because it helped tone down my pinkness and was sheer enough not to leave me with a jaundiced appearance. So far I am loving this.

Tinted Moisturizers I've tried:
Estee Lauder- Oxidized and the glow seemed oily.
Laura Mercier- Sheer-light and turned patchy on me (maybe my dry skin).
Pixe- Nice but couldn't deal with the subtle sparkles.
Cover Girl- Little coverage, low spf, and pore clogging.
Others: drugstore brands not worth mentioning that were moisturizers with a drop of tint.

FYI: My skin is dry so I moisturize and prime before using tinted moisturizers and foundations. This might sheer product down for me more than others.

on 2/23/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I simply love this product: the finish it gives makes it different e.g. from LM TM - simply dewy/glowy as if yoú were 10 years younger...:-)) While Laura Mercier gives a flawless but matte finish, this one is different yet making your skin looking flawless. It stayed on for about 6 hours (then I removed it, so it might stay longer), it perfectly evens out your skin tone while looking totally natural - I´m still a no-makeup-girl so I appreciate that the consistency is light and weightless once you applied it. I´m a NC20/Nars Sheer Glow Deauville/MUFE 117 and Finland is a perfect color match for me, the color is in between Porcelain (light1) and Nude (light2) concerning Laura Mercier TM. Overall I can only rave so far. You have to try it if you like TM in general.