NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Filtered by age: 44-55
NARS Cosmetics Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30NARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

4.1

on 4/19/2018 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have purchased this twice, and will continue to repurchase. I'm 48 yo, combo skin, no acne or acne marks, and this gives me a very polished/smooth look.. add some NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under my eyes, and it looks flawless, not greasy, not cakey, and lasts a good amount of time with setting powder and setting spray. I like the packaging also. With summer coming soon it's already getting warm in Cali, and this will be my go to, along with Pixi skin tint, and TooFaced cocoa powder foundation, all these are good in the HEAT..Definitely recommend. ❣💄💋

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The finish of this wears well all day, and is the most matte tinted moisturizer I have ever used - I didn't see any "radiant" properties about it. The formula is watery - I found it difficult to dispense and spread a sheer layer, so it always went on a little heavy for me.
I got some of this in the summer to try in a slightly darker tint, but used it only a few times because the color was off (my bad, but the lighting in my local ULTA was absolutely terrible until recently) and the fragrance level of this is super high - way more scented than any high end brand I've ever tried. So I took it back. I have a few NARS products, and the radiant creamy concealer is a great product, but this was disappointing.

on 8/16/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the lightest colour - Terre Neuve - I have very pale celtic skin with an oily t-zone

I like to apply this with clean fingers. It spreads easily and quickly and provides enough coverage to make me feel polished without being too made up. I only need a little and I'm very happy with the colour and it lasts all day. So often I've applied a supposedly pale base, only to notice later that my neck is a slightly different colour! But with this, the makeup kind of binds into my skin, leaving it smooth and peachy, with a soft sheen. I'm in my forties so I like a soft sheen - it's half way between dewy and sweaty (not so attractive)

After wearing it all day, it doesn't go patchy and I don't need to touch it up.

It's pricey but I don't mind as if your base is perfect, you can go a bit cheaper on your other makeup.

What I'm not so keen on is the packaging. When I flip it open, the product splatters over the lid. I also find it quite difficult to open. I do wish that Nars would repackage this in such a way that it doesn't splatter. But apart from this, I'm happy with the product, and would definitely repurchase.

As a newly minted 50yo woman with dry and ever-changing skin, I tried this on a whim and LOVE it. Been using Chanel Vitalumiere for years but with the "life change" happening, it has become a little heavy for me and the color doesn't seem to match well so...I wanted to try something lighter and SPF was a must

Product matches well and is perfect coverage for daily errands and work, giving a more polished skin tone. This is my new "go to" foundation as I believe I've hit the skin age where full coverage is too much for me. I don't think you'll be disappointed

Good coverage, radiant finish but not oily, need to powder few time trough the day, but less than other foundations. Perfect on my combination skin. No irritations or allergy reactions on my fair and irritation prone skin.

on 9/26/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Not sure how a product manages to make you look dry AND oily at the same time but this one does. It looked awful on my normal skin. It looked like it sucked all the oil out of my face and highlighted every wrinkle I had. It also became very greasy after a few hours...it's a fail!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Two words: EFFORTLESS BEAUTY.

I've been using this TM for at least three years now. I should have reviewed long ago. I LOVE it. I put this stuff on and even if I choose to not put any other product on my face, I instantly look 1000x better, yet sooooo natural. It makes my skin look almost flawless and much younger. It's quite sheer yet somehow covers like a dream, as if it is one with my skin.

I'm 46. As I'm getting older, full coverage foundations and even regular coverage foundations give me a tired, stale, heavy look. Aiming to cover every flaw only seems to amplify them -- so it's a fool's errand to even try. Nars Pure Radiant TM offers sheer coverage but because it's radiant, despite that sheer coverage, it somehow makes my skin look both perfect and like I'm not wearing makeup: my skin but WAY better. I haven't figured out the source of the radiance, but it's not shimmer, there is no shimmer. As many have noted, this has a dewy finish. I give a light dusting of loose powder to un-dew the dew. My skin is normal with a moderately oily t-zone (used to be super oily all over). Even though I didn't start using this until my 40s, if I had found it when I was younger, I would have loved it then too. If it can make my unevenly pigmented middle aged skin look awesome, I feel it would look freaking amazing on younger skin, since heavy foundation is rarely a good look on anyone, regardless of age.

I usually put this on over moisturizer -- but even if I don't, it still goes on beautifully. It spreads smoothly and blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way. It smells quite pleasant, but after a couple of minutes I don't detect it anymore. Kinda wish it would linger more because I truly enjoy it. It smells fresh and vaguely edible but I can't pinpoint what it smells like. It has SPF 30. It actually looks better as the day goes on, giving my skin a velvety look. [Editing to add: This product does NOT break out my skin or cause blackheads. Even at age 46 my skin is acne prone and I have had problems with other foundations/TMs. Not this one!]

My only complaints about it are PRICE (it goes up in price at least $1 per year) and COLOR SELECTION.
Price: what are ya gonna do? Many products go up in price. This stuff is great so I'll likely keep forking over. As of this date this Nars TM sells at $44 for 1.9 oz. yet there are other foundations that cost $64-$70 for only 1 oz. (Armani Luminous Silk, for example) and they still don't look as good as this one. Compared to those this seems like a good deal: twice the product at 2/3 the price!

Color selection is better than it was years ago. I wear Finland, and it is a bit too light for me (at the time I started wearing it, the next color up was off for me). But because it is so sheer, it is quite forgiving even without an exact color match. I am about to order Groenland, which is what Narscosmetics.com recommended based upon my answers to their color quiz. I'm nervous about it, afraid it'll be too dark. If so, I'll either return it or try blending it with Finland to create a more exact match. But it will probably be okay even if it is a little dark, because it goes on so sheer.

Bottom line: Try this. I steered my 75 year old mother and 29 year old friend to this and they both absolutely LOVE it and they both ROCK it.

I love foundation. I've used everything from Lancôme to Revlon, MAC to the Body Shop.
I also love BB creams and my favorites are the Korean brands.

So this was my first foray into tinted moisturizers.

I have to say I was impressed by the great coverage and the way this felt on my skin. Very smooth and easy to apply. It spread like a dream. For me coverage was medium, more than some foundations.

The satin finish has lasted nicely through the day and while most people say it's glowy, I do not see that at all. I have dry skin though so that may be the difference.

Love this and would continue to use it!

on 7/14/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using LM tinted moisturizer for years, and thought I really liked it. it got a "little" shiny but I'd put some mineral foundation over it when needed. But I HATED the packaging. regardless of whether I left the tube upright or horizontal, I always had a blob of moisturizer that was in the cap. That I'd then use a qtip to try to salvage.

I had to do some traveling, and so I figured I'd try to find a more travel friendly tube of tinted moisturizer JUST for travel. And I found the NARS product.

I am not going back to LM! this is perfect! never shiny, natural coverage, and a never-leak tube. I still use a sunscreen underneath so I can't speak to the spf 15 coverage. But I haven't borken out, and my skin looks like me.. but better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this stuff. I'm working my way through a sample just now in the shade Alaska, which I thought would be perfect (going by the shade descriptions on Sephora's site) but which I think it a bit too dark and too yellow for me, even now that summer is here (I wear sunscreen always but still manage to go a bit darker than my winter pallor; I've also been using Clarins Radiance Golden Glow Booster). I may need to try Finland. But I love the coverage this tinted moisturizer gives - far more than any other TM I've tried, including Laura Mercier - and also the easy application - it looks terrific applied with my fingers, so no need for a brush or sponge, etc. I will certainly buy this once I find a better colour match and once I use up a few of my BB/CC creams that will expire within a year and a bit (I really have way too many products of this type and I take the expiry dates for sun protection products a lot more seriously than I do other types of cosmetic/skin care items). But I can see this becoming "holy grail" in my skincare collection.