Moroccanoil Frizz Control

3.1

on 3/30/2016 6:38:00 PM

My hair is fine, wavy (2B), long and very prone to frizz. I did not expect this to completely eliminate frizz, but was hoping it would at least help reducing it. But it does not. And it does not matter if I use a little or a lot, nor does it make any difference if the hair is wet or dry. It just does not work at all. My hair does not look or feel any healthier and it is as frizzy as always. Truth be told, there is some extra shine, but that is the only benefit I have noticed. Furthermore, although I pay particular attention not to get even close to my roots, this makes my hair greasy and shortens the time between washes. What a disappointment.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, thanks to all for this site, and all the reviews! So helpful!

OK, I have very wavy, bordering on curly Type Ab hair. Fairly fine, and very frizzy Brown hair. I have used many products, including Chi and Wen, which are two of my favorites, but they both contain silicone, and the oils leave my hair too heavy in the second and third day after a "No-Poo" wash and conditioning. The first day is always great, as long as I use an oil, or something to calm the frizz.

I was looking for a more natural product, and one without Silicone. I saw the travel size Moraccanoil 4 piece travel set of on Amazon for about 39.00 and thought I would give it a try, since I had heard it was fabulous. I had never tried any of the Moroccanoil products before. I was especially interested in the Frizz Control, but this was a chance to try the shampoo ( Moisture Repair) and conditioner (Moisture Repair) and the Moroccanoil Treatment as well.

I do like how all of the products work on my hair, (except the Frizz Control, which I will get to), but there are some things I don't like about them. First, some of the reviews on Amazon said these are "natural" products, and one even said there wasn't any silicone in them. I went to the Moroccanoil website, and could not find ingredients for the products, so I decided to just try them, and if I didn't like them, at least I only had travel sizes. Not a huge investment.

I received my products, and read the ingredients for the Shampoo, Conditioner and Oil. They all have silicone. I was dismayed. So, I decided to just try them, and not use them often, even if I liked them. Silicone does build up on my hair, which is why I try to avoid it, and it is in most everything I have found. The Frizz Control did not list ingredients, and I could only find a list here on MUA, so I'm very grateful to the reviewer who listed them. And yes, it also has silicone.

The Frizz Control, which was the main product I wanted to try, did not work on my hair. It was very stiff feeling, and did not control my frizz completely. It helped some, but not enough for me to run the risk of putting more silicone on my hair. I have tried it three times, applying less and less, to the point of barely putting a tiny amount on my hair, following their instructions, and I still don't like it. It does not leave my hair feeling soft, at all. I gave it three stars because it does control frizz fairly well, and it does smell nice. This product is not for me.

I will not purchase any of the Moroccanoil products again, due to the silicone content, but the other products do work well on my hair, except the oil does get heavy in my hair on the second and third day after my wash day, even with a small amount.

So far, the only thing I have found that actually controls frizz naturally is to use my own deep conditioner the day before I shampoo, about every second or third wash (I shampoo about every three days - sometimes two days). I use a mixture of honey, coconut oil, olive oil and argan oil, and just a little lemon juice. I wet my unwashed hair, and massage this mixture into the lengths, not so much the scalp. Then I sleep in a processing cap, and wash it the next day with a shampoo that has something like sodium laurel sarcosinate, which is not a true sulfate, because my "no-poo", like Wen or Devacurl won't get the overnight treatment (oils) out of my hair. Then I use a conditioner (I like Jessicurl Deep Conditioner) and rinse it out just like I was using a regular conditioner rather than leave it in, since I just deep conditioned my hair overnight. Then I style my hair with NO ADDED PRODUCT. This really helps moisturize my hair, and I can tell when I need to do it again when the frizzes show up!

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works ok for my 2A 2B hair for frizz if I spray a little in my hands and then scrunch into my waves and smooth onto my hair. It will then decrease some of the frizz but it is easy to overdo for my wimpy hair. It leaves a little product feel behind which is good but like I said easy to overdo. The first time I sprayed onto my hair which resulted in a greasy mess but I have fine barely wavy hair. Of course I love the smell which is why I bought this. And it is expensive like all moroccanoil stuff. I would love to be able to just spray this freely everywhere all over my hair and have it soak it up. I have to be content to use the hairspray that way and just be happy with that.

on 3/7/2015 8:57:00 AM

I am a big fan of Moroccanoil products and this is no different. I hate blow drying or ironing my hair. In fact, if I can avoid any type of heat styling I will. So in summer my hair can get pretty wild, as it is rather thick, wavy, and has had its share of damage from coloring. In any case, when I spray this on (and I spray quite generously, at least 25-30 cm away from my head, sometimes enlisting the help of my partner) and let my hair air dry I get the nicest natural wave without a hint of frizz. It doesn`t soften my hair as much as the oil does, but it doesn`t make my hair limp and coarse like some of the other frizz control sprays I`ve tried (Fekkai`s Marine Hair and Living Proof`s No Frizz).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this but it took me a few tries to get it right. For me, it works best to apply to almost dry hair (after initial blow dry), then finish drying with round brush. Once I got this right, the results were fantastic! Less frizz, more shine. And I can't say enough about the Moroccanoil product scent - lingers lightly and makes me happy all day!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I guess there's almost always a first time....sadly. I love Moroccanoil products. Their original oil, the shine spray, the styling cream. So far, there hasn't been a product that has let me down.....until now, that is. I should have thought to check this product out here at MUA BEFORE purchasing it but I saw it on the Moroccanoil website and figured it had to be great. Frizz is a problem for me. My hair is thick and coarse and very prone to frizz, which is why I started using the original Moroccanoil in the first place. This oil and my CHI ceramic flat iron gave me the sort of hair I've always wanted. But recently, the combination of my layered bob and my new-found love of hot yoga have combined so that while I go to class looking sleek, I leave looking like a tumbleweed. I was hoping this Frizz Control spray would be an added prevention against that frizz-ball look. I've just used it for the first time (haven't flat ironed yet and won't be at yoga til much later tonight) but I see what other reviewers mean about it making your hair more frizzy and "crispy" looking. I'm hoping I'll love it more after I flat iron or that it will somehow magically keep me looking smoother during the heat and humidity of my class but I somehow doubt it. I'm only relieved that I didn't spring for the larger bottle of this stuff. But I wish I'd checked out the reviews here first and given this a swerve!

UPDATE (after a week or so): Suddenly, this stuff has turned from a real fail into a pretty good product. While I was aghast at the crispiness of my hair the first time I used this (and before flat-ironing it), it really did keep my hair from frizzing wildly and - now this is really strange - it seems to keep my hair cleaner a day longer than what is normal for me. The crispy/dry feeling I got after blow-drying my hair went away entirely after flat-ironing (maybe that's no surprise) and the results with this spray are actually quite good. I was reluctant to use it again after my first experience but I'm glad I've given it another chance. And while I might not repurchase (there are always new things hitting the market), I'm not regretting my purchase quite so much now.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly the only reason I bought this product is because my Kerastase Fibre Architecte serum had run out and I was desperate to tame my broken, winter-frizzed out hair. I love the smell of the Moroccanoil line and this one is no different however the spray does not distribute well (you should spray in palms first) also if you are expecting instant sleek and soft hair this is not the product for you. It actually made the texture a bit harder rather than soft and smooth. There was (some) reduction of frizz however I was really not impressed with the quality. I went back to the Kerastase line even though it's more expensive.

on 10/25/2012 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Yes, this is a good product. I think it really does something to my hair, but not enough for the price! I could live without it! The oil treatment is so much more and I think it is suffisant used alone. I will finish this bottle, but I don't think I will repurchase!

on 1/31/2012 1:03:00 PM

UPDATE: I did not repurchase this. Now that it is the dead of winter again, I kind of miss it (hair is staticy), but not enough to repurchase. Plus, while this is great in concept, after pro-longed use, I felt it was leaving my fine curly hair feel weird (dry, dirty, something).

ORIGINAL POST: You ever wish Moroccanoil came in a spray bottle? Well, that is kind of what this is. Now don't get too excited, it isn't as softening and doesn't leave your hair as supple as the oil, but it is nice for those fine haired ladies (me) that have curly hair. We need some weight or we look like cotton candy hair, but not too much weight. And if I don't use the correct amount of my regular stylers, my hair is left too airy and fluffy leading to major static. This is where the Frizz Control comes in. Is it a daily life saver or miracle product? No. But, you will find yourself reaching for this all the time to smooth down flyaways, add a bit of weight where needed, or taming bed head to get out of the house. It's a product you could probably live without, but if it is there you will find yourself using it all the time.

The box reads: "Stay frizz and static free in any weather. Climate control factors weightlessly safeguard hair to keep it smooth, calm and manageable in the most damp or dry conditions.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Polyquaternium-7, PEG-12, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Polsysorbate 20, Acetmide MEA, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Phenoxethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Polysorbate 20 (yes it is listed twice don't know why), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid, PEG 20 Gylceryl Laurate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxethanol, Diethylhexyl, Syringlindene, Malonate, Butylene Gylcol, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Carrageenan (Chrondrus Crispus) Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract.