Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.3

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Love love putting this on my lips. It fixes my chapped lips with one use. So creamy and delicious.

This product smells very strongly of rosemary, but if you can get over that, it seems to work pretty well. It does have a similar texture to vaseline although I would say it is more oily. I prefer to use shea butter instead of this product on rougher areas (think elbows and feet) because it penetrates better and lasts longer. This product is all right for normal to dry skin, but I think extremely dry, irritated, or chapped skin would require a more heavy-duty product. I think I will stick to my shea butter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So i usually buy my face products from Chagrin Valley because they make a great line of stuff for people like me. I have super sensitive rosacea that gets set off by everything. I bought a tube of Waxelene to carry in my purse to replace my Dr Bronners balm that I was using for my lips and hands. WHY didn't i know about this wonderful stuff earlier. It really helps my lips and hands with NO irritation at all. I have been using it in little spots here and there on my face to test the waters. So far so good and it has really helped with my dry itchy spots on my face. I put it on at night after I put my Chagrin Valley Seabuckthorn and Tamanu oil. I tried it this morning after my shower because I had a pesky dry spot that my Chagrin Valley Three Butters balm wouldn't seem to get rid of. It worked great with NO irritation. My face actually feels calm and moisturized. It is expensive but well worth it because a small amount goes a long way. Big bonus is that I can buy it at my local Sprouts store instead of having to order it online like i do my other products. I am a BIG fan of all natural simple products that are good for you. This is a winner.

I love this stuff as a lip balm and weekly moisturizing face mask. I apply on Sunday morning (sometimes over a thin layer of maracuja or argan oil) and lounge around the house with it on all day. I don't use it at night because it would make my mid-length, fine, straight hair oily. But if I go back to a pixie cut, I'd probably try this as a final moisturizer at night. I found the smell a little odd at first, but now I like it.

Edit: I'm now using this on my feet with aloe socks. It is amazing at softening my feet. Even Vaseline never worked this dramatically or fast. Also fantastic on cuticles overnight! I went to my local Natural Grocers and got the small 2 oz size, so I can carry it in my purse. This stuff is wonderful!

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Interesting product- I originally purchased it because I was sold on the "Petroleum Jelly Alternative", an all natural alternative to Vaseline seems like a wonderful option. The jar says that it:

-contains Organic ingredients
- No Animal Testing
-Biodegradable

It can also be Used for:
- Sking Protection and Moisturizing
-Removing Make-Up
- Many Other Household Needs

Seems great but there are definitely downsides to this product. The pros would be that it's a natural product, comes in a recyclable glass jar with very cute, happy packaging (a smiling bee) and is affordable- I bought the 9oz jar for $16.00 but there is a smaller 2 oz jar that retails for around $7. It's a product that definitely lasts. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth product- some of the texture is a bit gritty which made me itch a bit, and it sits on the skin not really sinking in completely. I tried it to moisturize my body and quite a bit of it ended up sticking to my pajamas instead of sinking into my skin.The only thing I liked it for was my lips but I've tried better lip balms. I'm not too crazy about the scent either although it's alright- it's a sickly sweet honey scent to me. All in all, I wouldn't repurchase, it may work for others though so I'd suggest purchasing the 2oz jar instead of the 9oz jar straight away.

Ingredients: Organic soybean Oil, Natural Beeswax, Vitamin E Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil.

I have been looking for a natural product to replace the petroleum jelly I had used for years on my hands at night (had no idea just how horrible that stuff was)! I was beyond happy to have found Waxelene!!! The texture and color are indeed similar to petroleum jelly, but it is all-natural and smells amazing (a light herbal/rosemary scent). I apply this at night, and in the morning my hands are incredibly smooth and soft! It applies clear, glides on easily, and is very thick in consistency (if you're looking for something to absorb quickly, this is not it). It comes in a 2oz container with a screw-on lid (see above photo). The price ($6.99) is very reasonable considering the quality ingredients and how long it lasts. Used nightly on my hands, one jar lasted me about 4-5 months (since it spreads so easily a little bit goes a long way).
According to their website, there are a ton of other uses for this product (Skin moisturizing, protection, and lubrication, protection from chafing, friction, and wind burn, eczema, make-up removal, hair texture aides, after sun, diaper irritation, aftershave, etc).
I purchased this from Natural Joy Beauty (link: http://www.naturaljoybeauty.com/servlet/the-553/Waxelene-The-Petroleum-Jelly/Detail)

Popular Lotions / Creams