Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

4.7

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Waxelene has become extremely difficult to find anywhere but Amazon & the prices there have varied wildly in some highly disturbing ways. That’s a shame because I think I’ve tried nearly every lip product on the market & nothing compares. It even puts several of those outrageously expensive but beloved cult classics to shame (looking at you Smiths, La Mer, L’occitane & By Terry).

There are no irrelevant fillers to be found in Waxelene & its simple soy base is magic for moisturizing dry lips, though it can be used around the eyes & on dry feet, hands & elbows as well. In fact, I use this on my 8 year-old’s chapped cheeks and probably wouldn’t have hesitated to use it as a diaper cream had I known about it when he was small. Unlike standard petroleum jelly & Aquaphor, It actually absorbs & softens while still providing that waterproof barrier the aforementioned are so well-known & loved for. You’ll never want to go back to standard vaseline once you’ve tried it & don’t say I didn’t warn you! There’s a reason Angelina Jolie has endorsed it. As cynical as I am when it comes to advertising, I actually believe (perhaps for the first time ever) that a celeb’s motives were pure. That says it all.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a large 5 oz tube of this for approximately 15.00 on Amazon recently…only to find the tiny 0.2 oz tube was being sold for the same price when I returned to purchase some for my sister. Snap this stuff up while you still can!

Love love putting this on my lips. It fixes my chapped lips with one use. So creamy and delicious.

I got this product as a gift. It's definitely a lot more lightweight than vaseline and feels great. Just not 100% sure if I would buy it myself again because Aquaphor is a lot cheaper and has the same healing properties, plus mineral oil so I'm not sure it's worth the price difference. But this product itself is great and I love how it feels on my face.

Terrific stuff! After a terrible experience with a limeade stand and burned skin, my daughter used waxelene to promote healing. I think it definitely helped reduce her scaring. I use it daily as a makeup remover and overall moisturizer-especially on elbows, knees, neck and lips. It has never caused me to breakout and my skin loves it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is my Lip savior, after a month of suffering from extreme dryness and flaking of my llips and been using some meds and creams and some are prescribed by derma. Finally and amazingly waxelene came along and just for overnight,my lips gets better now and even softer.,i dont mind the smell coz its the natural ingredients that were used. I super like and recommend this. :) really thanks to this product. ❤ #crueltyfree indeed. 😊

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is amazing!! I love that it is all natural. I was shocked it didn't clog my pores and thats why I keep coming back to this product. So rare for acne prone skin to find something that doesn't cause one zit.

Only issue with it is I can't get it in Canada, so shipping from States is astronomical. Also, I wish the packaging was different, I don't find it very sanitary when you use your fingers...

I use it every night as my nighttime moisturizer! my skin is so soft from it. Too thick to use during day but it's an awesome hydrating mask for night... This is the greatest moisturizer to use after my glycolic home peels too!

I love Waxelene! I'd never heard of it, but bought it at Whole Foods on a whim because I just adore the packaging. (I can never resist a pale yellow/bee combination - Burt's Bee's got me like that too!) I can attest that this in fact does not clog pores as the packaging states - and I have super-ridiculous-mega-easy-to-break-out skin. The smell of it threw me off at first. I read reviews to see if my tube had gone bad. I read people saying it smelled like honey, others like rosemary - and mine smells like wood! I finally found a few other reviewers on different sites likening the smell to fresh cut wood and that's exactly it. No idea why it smells like that, and, the smell is not faint to me either, especially when on your lips which is of course right under your nose! But I've gotten used to it the more I use it. Slightly gritty when first going on but melts to be very smooth. I've used it on my lips, cuticles and backs of my hands with pretty great success BUT I found it for something else that I will probably continue to use it always for. On the ends of my hair. My long hair is a little bit coarse and also dry on the ends (I don't use a lot of conditioner because conditioners like to break me out...) and I always felt like what my ends needed were a little moisture and a little WAX to keep them from frizzing out. The texturizing wax products at the salon seemed too waxy and claimed strong hold which seemed like it would be drying rather than moisturizing. Plus I never trust the ingredients when the list is ten feet long. Well, when I read you could put this on hair, I split my hair into 2 and I put a pea sized amount on the ends of each side, after my shower while my hair was still damp. (Not too much, will make ends clump together and look oily, just a very small amount.) Let my hair air dry, slept with it in a bun while very slightly damp and in the morning such glorious textured waves with no crazy frizzing! It does not put any shine because of the wax component - and we all know that beeswax isn't really shiny - but it does moisturize my hair from the oils and vitamin E. Now my ends seem moisturized, texturized and they behave! Best of all: absolutely NO breakouts from sleeping with this stuff on my hair. Rave! And will repurchase, probably forever!

I love this when I need heavy duty moisturizing. At night, I use this on my lips, hands and feet. Keeps everything super soft!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this product for about 4 years now, as a healthy alternative to petroleum. Before this, I used the Un-Petroleum product available at WFs.

What I use this for mainly is: lip balm, DIY lipscrub (blend with a small pinch of coconut sugar), night time foot treatment and I use it to turn powder eyeshadow and blush into a luminous cream.

I have always had the jar, but in the last year they've brought it out in tubes. I especially enjoy the pocket-sized travel tube that they have at natural food stores. I now have a couple circulating in my handbag, makeup bag and gym bag.

It's also great for taming rogue eyebrow hairs in a pinch. I don't detect a smell and I have a pretty good sniffer, so it can't be that obvious if it does indeed have one.

What else? Oh, it's awesomely cheap. The other day Sprouts had the biggest jar on sale for $9.99...it was what I would consider a Costco-sized jar. Seems to go on sale enough to make it worth it, economically speaking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So i usually buy my face products from Chagrin Valley because they make a great line of stuff for people like me. I have super sensitive rosacea that gets set off by everything. I bought a tube of Waxelene to carry in my purse to replace my Dr Bronners balm that I was using for my lips and hands. WHY didn't i know about this wonderful stuff earlier. It really helps my lips and hands with NO irritation at all. I have been using it in little spots here and there on my face to test the waters. So far so good and it has really helped with my dry itchy spots on my face. I put it on at night after I put my Chagrin Valley Seabuckthorn and Tamanu oil. I tried it this morning after my shower because I had a pesky dry spot that my Chagrin Valley Three Butters balm wouldn't seem to get rid of. It worked great with NO irritation. My face actually feels calm and moisturized. It is expensive but well worth it because a small amount goes a long way. Big bonus is that I can buy it at my local Sprouts store instead of having to order it online like i do my other products. I am a BIG fan of all natural simple products that are good for you. This is a winner.

Popular Lotions / Creams