Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by age: 44-55

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Waxelene has become extremely difficult to find anywhere but Amazon & the prices there have varied wildly in some highly disturbing ways. That’s a shame because I think I’ve tried nearly every lip product on the market & nothing compares. It even puts several of those outrageously expensive but beloved cult classics to shame (looking at you Smiths, La Mer, L’occitane & By Terry).

There are no irrelevant fillers to be found in Waxelene & its simple soy base is magic for moisturizing dry lips, though it can be used around the eyes & on dry feet, hands & elbows as well. In fact, I use this on my 8 year-old’s chapped cheeks and probably wouldn’t have hesitated to use it as a diaper cream had I known about it when he was small. Unlike standard petroleum jelly & Aquaphor, It actually absorbs & softens while still providing that waterproof barrier the aforementioned are so well-known & loved for. You’ll never want to go back to standard vaseline once you’ve tried it & don’t say I didn’t warn you! There’s a reason Angelina Jolie has endorsed it. As cynical as I am when it comes to advertising, I actually believe (perhaps for the first time ever) that a celeb’s motives were pure. That says it all.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a large 5 oz tube of this for approximately 15.00 on Amazon recently…only to find the tiny 0.2 oz tube was being sold for the same price when I returned to purchase some for my sister. Snap this stuff up while you still can!

Terrific stuff! After a terrible experience with a limeade stand and burned skin, my daughter used waxelene to promote healing. I think it definitely helped reduce her scaring. I use it daily as a makeup remover and overall moisturizer-especially on elbows, knees, neck and lips. It has never caused me to breakout and my skin loves it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've used this product for a really long time and I love it. I use it to remove makeup, it even takes off waterproof mascara. I had a friend visiting from out of town recently, and she forgot to pack her skin care kit, so she used my products. She had never heard of this. Of course, she's a total convert now! She raved so much that I felt compelled to review it.
If you've never tried this, treat yourself. It smells delicious, it's creamy, and it's much better for you than petroleum based products. I also love that it comes in a glass jar, which I save and use to store beads and litte things.

Popular Lotions / Creams