Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by age: 36-43

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been using this product for about 4 years now, as a healthy alternative to petroleum. Before this, I used the Un-Petroleum product available at WFs.

What I use this for mainly is: lip balm, DIY lipscrub (blend with a small pinch of coconut sugar), night time foot treatment and I use it to turn powder eyeshadow and blush into a luminous cream.

I have always had the jar, but in the last year they've brought it out in tubes. I especially enjoy the pocket-sized travel tube that they have at natural food stores. I now have a couple circulating in my handbag, makeup bag and gym bag.

It's also great for taming rogue eyebrow hairs in a pinch. I don't detect a smell and I have a pretty good sniffer, so it can't be that obvious if it does indeed have one.

What else? Oh, it's awesomely cheap. The other day Sprouts had the biggest jar on sale for $9.99...it was what I would consider a Costco-sized jar. Seems to go on sale enough to make it worth it, economically speaking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So i usually buy my face products from Chagrin Valley because they make a great line of stuff for people like me. I have super sensitive rosacea that gets set off by everything. I bought a tube of Waxelene to carry in my purse to replace my Dr Bronners balm that I was using for my lips and hands. WHY didn't i know about this wonderful stuff earlier. It really helps my lips and hands with NO irritation at all. I have been using it in little spots here and there on my face to test the waters. So far so good and it has really helped with my dry itchy spots on my face. I put it on at night after I put my Chagrin Valley Seabuckthorn and Tamanu oil. I tried it this morning after my shower because I had a pesky dry spot that my Chagrin Valley Three Butters balm wouldn't seem to get rid of. It worked great with NO irritation. My face actually feels calm and moisturized. It is expensive but well worth it because a small amount goes a long way. Big bonus is that I can buy it at my local Sprouts store instead of having to order it online like i do my other products. I am a BIG fan of all natural simple products that are good for you. This is a winner.

I love this stuff as a lip balm and weekly moisturizing face mask. I apply on Sunday morning (sometimes over a thin layer of maracuja or argan oil) and lounge around the house with it on all day. I don't use it at night because it would make my mid-length, fine, straight hair oily. But if I go back to a pixie cut, I'd probably try this as a final moisturizer at night. I found the smell a little odd at first, but now I like it.

Edit: I'm now using this on my feet with aloe socks. It is amazing at softening my feet. Even Vaseline never worked this dramatically or fast. Also fantastic on cuticles overnight! I went to my local Natural Grocers and got the small 2 oz size, so I can carry it in my purse. This stuff is wonderful!

Popular Lotions / Creams