Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.6

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Love love putting this on my lips. It fixes my chapped lips with one use. So creamy and delicious.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is my Lip savior, after a month of suffering from extreme dryness and flaking of my llips and been using some meds and creams and some are prescribed by derma. Finally and amazingly waxelene came along and just for overnight,my lips gets better now and even softer.,i dont mind the smell coz its the natural ingredients that were used. I super like and recommend this. :) really thanks to this product. ❤ #crueltyfree indeed. 😊

I saw a little squeeze tube of this one day and tried it on a whim. I think I like it. It's definitely nice to have on super cold and windy days. I still prefer Burt's Bees regular lip balm for every day use, but this little product is nice for days you need a little something extra. It also leaves a nice sheen too, which makes lips look healthier.

This product smells very strongly of rosemary, but if you can get over that, it seems to work pretty well. It does have a similar texture to vaseline although I would say it is more oily. I prefer to use shea butter instead of this product on rougher areas (think elbows and feet) because it penetrates better and lasts longer. This product is all right for normal to dry skin, but I think extremely dry, irritated, or chapped skin would require a more heavy-duty product. I think I will stick to my shea butter.

I love this when I need heavy duty moisturizing. At night, I use this on my lips, hands and feet. Keeps everything super soft!

Remarkable little jar. Its got natural ingredients which I like and smells good (Very honey floral organic like smell). The packaging is uber cute and you can get multiple uses out of it.
I lived in Michigan for the winter aka cold as ... And I naturally tend to get dry patches on my hands especially during the brutal winters. This is great to use on your lips, as a moisturizer for your body and hands and its a great deep moisturizing treatment for your feet as well when paired with cotton socks. Also, cosmetics wise you can use it to help you remove eye makeup gently and a little can be used on your lid for that clear sheen look.
Also good to tame your brows with. I also like to smooth a little over my tattoos it makes them look nice and smooth and the colors pop more. Overall a good handy little product to have in your beauty stash and a great replacement for vaseline. Only gripe? Its a tad bit pricey. But I think its worth the splurge. I bought it at bed bath and beyond, not sure where else it is sold but im pretty sure walgreens will more than likely carry it to

I love this stuff and I'm happy to see the other positive reviews on MUA. I have nothing against petroleum jelly, but I love this stuff because of its staying power. It's (bees)wax based and not greasy and it really lasts. I use it on my lips and feet. It's also great for protecting the skin if you're gonna be outside in really cold, windy weather. Also, you don't need to use much - it lasts for quite a while. I bought one of the huge jars and I don't know if I'll ever get through it. Now I just buy the smaller jars, which are easier to carry around, anyway.

EDIT: I still really, really like this stuff, but I've found it does go bad after a while. I don't know exactly how long I've had my jar, but I'd guess around a year and a half. It's started to smell "off", so I'm getting rid of this jar and will be buying a new one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This has the most amazing true honey scent to my nose! I love it. I picked this up at wholefoods in the baby section. It's soy based and has a good ingredient list. I spread a bit in my palms and emulsify in order for it to become an oil. Sinks in my skin easily and really softens the skin. All purpose if you ask me. I have used this on dry cuticles and feet, ends of my hair, dry patches on my body, as a lip balm, and on my elbows. It worked great for all of them. If you are looking for a greener alternative to vaseline then this is it. I like this better than unpetroleum by Alba botanica.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a must have product. I never used petroleum jelly (vaseline) ever even before i knew how gross petroleum was because the stuff smells so bad.......why would any lady use that stuff anyway? Well Waxelene is an amazing product. I use it everyday as a body butter out of the shower, i also use it as a lip balm, hand cream, foot cream, on my sons skin, and a tiny bit here and there to slick my hair back into a bun. It has the smoothest consistency like butter and smells really good. Nice and sweet. I'd highly recommend this product to everyone.

I have been looking for a natural product to replace the petroleum jelly I had used for years on my hands at night (had no idea just how horrible that stuff was)! I was beyond happy to have found Waxelene!!! The texture and color are indeed similar to petroleum jelly, but it is all-natural and smells amazing (a light herbal/rosemary scent). I apply this at night, and in the morning my hands are incredibly smooth and soft! It applies clear, glides on easily, and is very thick in consistency (if you're looking for something to absorb quickly, this is not it). It comes in a 2oz container with a screw-on lid (see above photo). The price ($6.99) is very reasonable considering the quality ingredients and how long it lasts. Used nightly on my hands, one jar lasted me about 4-5 months (since it spreads so easily a little bit goes a long way).
According to their website, there are a ton of other uses for this product (Skin moisturizing, protection, and lubrication, protection from chafing, friction, and wind burn, eczema, make-up removal, hair texture aides, after sun, diaper irritation, aftershave, etc).
I purchased this from Natural Joy Beauty (link: http://www.naturaljoybeauty.com/servlet/the-553/Waxelene-The-Petroleum-Jelly/Detail)

Popular Lotions / Creams