Waxelene- The Petroleum Jelly Alternative

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.6

Organic soybean oil, 100% natural beeswax, organic rosemary oil, 100% natural vitamin E oil

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is amazing!! I love that it is all natural. I was shocked it didn't clog my pores and thats why I keep coming back to this product. So rare for acne prone skin to find something that doesn't cause one zit.

Only issue with it is I can't get it in Canada, so shipping from States is astronomical. Also, I wish the packaging was different, I don't find it very sanitary when you use your fingers...

I use it every night as my nighttime moisturizer! my skin is so soft from it. Too thick to use during day but it's an awesome hydrating mask for night... This is the greatest moisturizer to use after my glycolic home peels too!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this in lieu of Lucas Papaw because it truly is all natural. It is very hydrating and smooth. The only annoying aspect is the smell, but the product is so good that I'm willing to overlook that. I like to use it on my lips before bed, to groom my brows, remove lipstick, add a little sheen to my eyelids and brow bone, and anywhere that needs some extra nourishment.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Amazing product - does everything Vaseline does with the added benefit of being made from all-natural ingredients. It also smells great. It's costlier than Vaseline but I think it also lasts longer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let me start by saying this product is not cheap. A small container which is 2 oz for me, cost about $6, so not cheap at all, but it's worth every penny.
Unlike petroleum jelly the waxelene is made from all natural ingredients it contains: soybean oil, rosemary oil, vitamin e oil and beeswax. If you have an allergy to soybean this isn't a product for you.
If you don't have that allergy however, this is deeply moisturizing all purpose body product. A little goes a long way so use it sparingly. I've noticed it gives my skin a nice glow without makeup and has been improving my moisture level. I normally use it at night I feel it is more effective during that time of day but that's just a matter if preference.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Interesting product- I originally purchased it because I was sold on the "Petroleum Jelly Alternative", an all natural alternative to Vaseline seems like a wonderful option. The jar says that it:

-contains Organic ingredients
- No Animal Testing
-Biodegradable

It can also be Used for:
- Sking Protection and Moisturizing
-Removing Make-Up
- Many Other Household Needs

Seems great but there are definitely downsides to this product. The pros would be that it's a natural product, comes in a recyclable glass jar with very cute, happy packaging (a smiling bee) and is affordable- I bought the 9oz jar for $16.00 but there is a smaller 2 oz jar that retails for around $7. It's a product that definitely lasts. Unfortunately, it's not a smooth product- some of the texture is a bit gritty which made me itch a bit, and it sits on the skin not really sinking in completely. I tried it to moisturize my body and quite a bit of it ended up sticking to my pajamas instead of sinking into my skin.The only thing I liked it for was my lips but I've tried better lip balms. I'm not too crazy about the scent either although it's alright- it's a sickly sweet honey scent to me. All in all, I wouldn't repurchase, it may work for others though so I'd suggest purchasing the 2oz jar instead of the 9oz jar straight away.

Ingredients: Organic soybean Oil, Natural Beeswax, Vitamin E Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil.

Popular Lotions / Creams