4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I bought this today after reading the reviews on here, and let me just say- WOW! I was worried that I would be disappointed and that the product would not live up to the hype, but I could not have been more wrong! I used the raspberry wine color that came in the starter kit and did it on my hands first. I liked it so much that I removed the polish I had on my toes from a week-old pedicure and did my toes too!! I do not have any complaints at all about using it.... I did not have a problem with it being too runny as I read that some other reviewers had. To me, it was just like painting with regular polish other than no dry time. I would say the overall "process" takes longer than regular paint, but the dry/cure time was so quick and I loved how I didn't have to wait for my nails to dry. Also, w/ regular polish, I have a tendancy to get the little air bubbles (I think from applying it to thick), but that is not even a concern with this gel stuff!! My nails look shiny like GLASS! LOL I literally had told all my closest friends and my mom about it within 15 mins of finishing my hands so that is a pretty good indication of how pleased I was with it. Also, I have 2 shih-tzu's that are in constant need of attention (always wanting to be pet, held, etc) and one of them came up and jumped on one of my hands just as I had finished with all but the last step. At first it looked like she had messed up just about every nail, but then I took the Gel Cleanser and no-lint cloth and was pleased to see that it was only the "moisture coat" that was effected. Once I cleaned that top moisture layer off per the instructions, wa-lah, my hand was not effected at all like it would have been if I had been using regular polish. I can honestly say that I will never pay for a manicure again....

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 years ago

OMG!! This product works, you mos def get your monies worth!! I bought this kit yesterday during my lunch break after reading the reviews. Very simple to use, I did my thumbs first then my right hand and then my left hand. It works best when you follow the instructions. What I did do was leave my nails for two minutes under the LED light after applying the actual color, it was less sticky.. its a must have for those that enjoy painting their nails at all times..lol I cant wait to purchase more nail colors!!

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I finally have long nails without acrylics! I love this product...like all gel polishes it stays on until you take it off (thin coats people!), and is kind of a b1+©h to remove (I soak in acetone, no noticeable damage to my <very delicate> nailbeds/cuticles but I do use cuticle oil). Since that's par for the course with all gel polishes... Great lasting power and easy to use. The available colors are nice. Love that the base and topcoat are one product instead of two separate ones. Pricing for the LED kit is miles better than any other, works great and kit comes with literally everything you need. Plus, if you purchase at CVS, there are coupons or CVS rewards you can use. Downsides: limited color choices (though you can use any gel polish line for the color), you have to buy the base/topcoat with the primer and prepper or whatever in a kit and honestly I go through the top/basecoat faster than the other essentials, and a couple of the colors could be more opaque. But honestly, I love this. Seriously, you guys, I love it.

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

8 years ago

I bought this product after seeing it in the CVS, and then doing some research here. Cost $59 + tax, and on initial use, seems to be worth every penny. Scarlet red is a bright orangy red, with no sparkle or shimmer, a really nice bright summer red. I followed the directions to a tee, and really, its not any harder than using regular polish. Basically, you scuff off the shine on your nails, you use gel cleaner, then primer, base coat, 2 coats of color, then some top coat. Between each step, you cure your nails in the light. It takes about as much time as the normal polish, and I find theres less of a chance of dinging yourself half way through because you're setting yourself between every set. This product has no foul smell, my husband had no complaints (and he's usually one to evacuate the room immediately when I start polishing the nails.) Here's hoping that this product lasts as long as my salon nails. 2 mani's or 1 mani and 1 pedi would pay for itself.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Bought this after biting the bullet and spending $59 dollars on it at my local Wal-Mart. As many other people mentioned, you spend nearly that on one gel manicure. At least in my salon, it cost me $45 dollars plus tip for a gel manicure that lasts about two weeks. That is about $100 bucks a month...on only your fingernails---pedicures not included. For background history, my nails are paper thin and bend-y. They are prone to tearing and generally I do not grow them because they are ruined whenever they get long. I usually have to get acrylics or silk wraps for additional length, but with gel nails I can grow my own and not worry about having fake nails applied. The quality of this product is amazing. I got the starter kit which comes with the light, a sample polish color, top and base coat, primer, cleanser, wipes and file/buffer. I start off by clipping my cuticles and pushing them back with my own nail trimmers, and then follow the instructions to a tee. The result? My nails are rock hard, VERY shiny and chip-free for two weeks, if not longer. In fact, I find that the nails get even harder by the second day. For example, it is true that they are dry to the touch after curing them with the light. However, I find that the real strength and hardness of my nails appears after they have time to set on my nail over a few hours, which is great. My one nail has chipped after a week, but I blame that on my nails instead of the polish. Currently, my nails are stronger than they've ever been and longer than I've had in years. They have the strength of acrylics, but they are my own nails. I have changed the polish twice now. The removal is a pain in the butt becasue you have to soak them in acetone, but I find that if I use my cuticle clippers to help "lift" the polish after it soaks, it peels right off and leaves no residue. I have also bought a few more colors. Disappointed there aren't more, but I'm sure once everyone realizes what a great product this is, there will be more colors to come. Very impressed and recommend to everyone.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0
from

8 years ago

well i guess im the only one but this product did not work for me, well the nail polish that is. I tried it and within an hour chipped! thought maybe i did something wrong tried it again same thing happened the polish sucks peels right off! but the light is why i gave this product 3 stars it is great i bought the whole gelish system and use it with this light, now i get to enjoy gel nails at home and i love it !! would i repurchase? no not unless i cant find another led light at a similar price.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

This is the best nail system I have ever used. I have tried ever single nail polish and gel system out there and they all chip in just a matter of days. Sensationail is NOT like that at all. If you follow the directions and apply the products thinly along with covering the tips, you will have beautiful nails for at least two weeks. I am going on week three and it still looks great. Search around for coupons because it is a bit pricey in my area because I can only find it at CVS. Truly one of my top product recommendations for all. Also note, I use Nutra Nail and Sally Hansen growth and strength gel while wearing Sensationail and it's caused me no problems and my nails are continuing to grow stronger and longer. Give it a try.............you will love it!

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairOther

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

I am still warming up to this product. I saw this at CVS and bought it on a whim -- I have a little boy under two and manicures just don't last, chasing him around all day. The application took quite a bit longer than anticipated but I think I could streamline it a bit. I polished my toes and fingers and the pedicure is still going strong after two weeks; the manicure, however, only lasted for about 6 days, which is longer than regular polish would have lasted. My major complaint: the colors. I am a diehard OPI girl and have bottle upon bottle of it tucked away so I am used to a really vast color selection. The only red Sensationail offers is an orangy red, rather than a blue red, which is not flattering on many people. When I looked at my other choices, I was really at a loss. I got the pink chiffon, a really light pink, which I haven't tried yet but look forward to trying out on my fingernails. In the meantime, I've researched it and OPI has a new, similar line called GelColor that I think I'll try, using the LED light I have from the Sensationail kit. I just "know" these colors better.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 years ago

I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's held up so nicely! I love how shiny my nails are, and even more I love that the gel protects my nails from chipping. I have naturally strong nails (lucky!), but like one of the other reviewers one or two of my nails would always chip or break and I hate having uneven nails. With this I don't have to worry about that anymore! The gel is flexible enough that you could bend your nail if you wanted to, so it feels really natural unlike acrylics. But at the same time the gel is strong enough that it really helps to prevent chipping. Capping the edge of your nail definitely makes a difference as to how long your manicure will last. For obvious reasons it's much easier to cap longer nails because you won't get the gel all over your skin under the nail. When you do all four of your nails, the gel has a tendency to bleed into your cuticles because it does not dry whatsoever until cured under the LED light. I'd paint my index finger perfectly, and by the time I got to my pinky finger on the same hand, the gel ran all over my index finger and it was really tough to make it look neat again. I'd recommend painting like two nails (thumbs, index fingers, middle fingers, etc.) at a time and curing them. Takes a little extra more time, but it'll look much neater! I really love this stuff and can't wait for more colors to come out. I'd love to see an opaque white color so I can try doing a french manicure, my fave look! I'm not a huge fan of the applicator brush though. You need to apply thin coats of the polish, which hard to do with a thick, long brush. It'd be easier to apply the polish neatly if the brush were changed to be smaller and thinner because it'd give you more control and it'd be easier to cap the edges of your nails properly. Considering you get everything you need right out of the box, the price is really dirt cheap compared to Gelish and other gel kits. This stuff is affordable, has excellent staying power when done correctly, and is perfect for someone like me who has a very busy schedule. My only spare time is on the weekends, and I don't want to sit around waiting forever for my nails to dry.

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

8 years ago

I purchased the Sensationail system at Walmart, mainly because for $49 you got the complete system, including the LED light.; From what I have read, the LED is safer for the skin than the UV light. Also, the LED light is usually much more expensive than the whole kit was. The instructions are easy to understand. The materials are easy to use. The light has a nice feature, a 30 second beep, since the base and topcoats only need 30 secs., vs the 60 secs. for the color polish. I also own the Red Carpet Manicure System, and bought this one to get another light. It is a great system, also. All of my life I have had at least one broken nail at any given time. Now I have beautiful, strong nails. I even get compliments from strangers. Today when I was getting a tea from Steak and Shake, the girl in the drive thru complimented my nails, and asked if they were real! Removal is easy. You saturate a cotton pad with acetone, wrap in aluminum foil, wait 10 minutes, and then just gently scrape off the polish with an orangewood sick. Easy as can be. My biggest challenge is wanting to change colors before two weeks are up. It's probably best for your nails to wait at least a week. I get sick of the same color. I have discovered you can use regular nail polish over your gel nails for a quickie change, then use non acetone remover, and your gel nails are good as new! Why pay $20-35 to have someone do your gels when it is so easy.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age56 & Over