4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

I had gels on from a salon now for about 4 months and love them. I saw this kit and thought I would try it. A few things.. When you are using a dark color and you get come on your cuticle? Normally, you dip a brush into some acetone and rub it against your skin and it comes off very nicely. Well, with the gel polish it just...spreads. It was difficult for me to get all of the polish off of my cuticle and to get a really nice even line at the bottom of my nail as I could with normal polish. Additionally, after "curing" I noticed that the acetone used with the brush to get polish off of my cuticle had spread onto the nail and left it somewhat...blurred. (I only tell everyone this for knowledge, not to knock the product.) Then, when applying the top coat, I realized that if I look into the light while "curing", I can see what spots I have missed. I only realized this after I was completely done and went to wipe off the residue with the gel cleanser and some of the polish came off. So, I tried it again, and stuck my hand in the light....saw places I missed and simply pulled my hand out and stroked the top coat on the places I missed. I did "cure" for much longer than they required...not sure it would have made a difference, I just felt more comfortable. So! Yes, I will do this again and buy it again..this is all a part of trying out a new product and getting used to it. Great job Nailene!!!

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

from

8 years ago

I get my nails done at the salon every 2 weeks since i was 16 years old and now im 30. Im sick and tired of how expensive it is, so i was looking for another alternative of doing my nails and getting the same look from the salon. And i came across Senationail......I have to say this is a great kit. I was thinking about getting a gelish kit for about 2 weeks. But I wasn't sure which ones would work out the best for me. I went to CVS last night and came across Sensationail. It came with everything you need to do the gel nails. The UV lamp nice and small and it cures the gel great. The starter kit polishes are small, but im sure i can get another 6 or 7 mani. out of them. It took me about 30 mins and they came out great and that was with a 4yr & 3yr old running around. No chips yet, but we'll wait and see...

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

8 years ago

Im absolutely in love with this Kit! Not only is the price for the starter kit the most affordable (compared to other diy kits), its very easy to find (at cvs or walmart) lasts for 2+ weeks! My mani takes about 10-15 mins and lasts till I take them off due to overgrowth. The lamp feels sturdy..unlike the flimsy RCM portable lamp. Totally recommended!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0
from

8 years ago

Sorry, i guess i will the first one this didn't work out for. I did it twice .It took me about 40 min to do my nails and each time ( dif. color ) it would last max 3days without chipping. I was so upset, esp. after all the good reviews. I do my own nails ( never been to a salon - fear of fungus or worse..) and usually my mani lasts 3 days anyway. This is going back to Walmart tomorrow.

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesGreen

8 years ago

Fantastic results! I actually prefer this over the salon gel nails. My first nail chipped after 11 days. The directions say to remove the polish you should soak the nails in acetone for 10 minutes, but I soaked them for 30 seconds and they peeled right off! ZERO damage to my nails! I did my toes also, and they are lasting over 14 days at this point.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I work in retail so touching clothes, opening shipments are brutal on my nails and let me tell you manicures are wasted on me. I chip them so easily and I help clients up close so I don't want to come off sloppy. This kit I bought for $44.99 + Mass tax. I love it for the shiny finish and it has been a week now still looks fresh. No chipping and I can only assume that the chipping others experience is from capping the edges incorrectly. Yes the color selection is slim but it is new so allow the company to make so money before they can invest in research and development. I am pleased that it is not a UV light, I called the company to make sure. I was looking into the Gelish kit at Sally's but it cost a fortune. I can't imagine having to shell out that much money just to have the essentials. The LED box is amazing, it even fits my toes! The nail polishes are thick and I personally hate the brushes, I think they are of poor quality and hard to apply thin applications as suggested. I have raspberry wine and pink chiffon. If they improve on the brush, lower cost, and add shades and glitters I will be very happy and purchase from them more often. Great product!!

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

8 years ago

I bought this kit and love it. I have at least a hundred nail polishes in every color and hate that I have to deal with chips sometimes that very next day! With this Sensationail kit, I have perfect shiny nails since Tuesday and it is Friday. I work out and swim, jacuzzi plus I am a full time teacher! My nails feel strong and I bought a few more colors, the beige, dark blue and bright pink colors. I have the raspberry wine ( not sure about the names of the colors but they are nice). I liked the comment that I could paint any color over this and use non acetone polish remover later to take it off. That will make my collection of color fun and keep my nails,from splitting and tearing from changing colors frequently. Enjoy this product! I am sure more colors will follow as the sales increase. **********!!!!! Oh I have an addendum!! I accidentally used this polish without the sticky adhesion primer coat first, and just put the clear base and top coat on, and it stayed on for a week and was so much easier to remove! The primer really smells toxic so you need good ventilation but the other polishes worked fine. Just an " FYI"!!! Still love it! More colors out there too esp for the holidays! :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I have had several professional CND gel nail manicures and I am really pleased with this kit. The application appeared to be identical to the professional system, same finish, same strength. I am now 1 week out from putting this on, and my nails look exactly the same as the pro manis. Application was easy, and I'm really not that good at painting my nails. Make sure to cap the tips like the instructions say.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

8 years ago

I love this product. It was my first set of gel nails. So far I have done my nails 3 times with excellent results. Not sure why people complain about color selection, 1- it is a fairly new line, they need to start somewhere and 2- there is no way I can resist the plethora of regular nail polish. When I get bored of the gel color I paint over it with regular nail polish and it stays chip free too! Just remove regular nail polish with non-acetone remover and you are free to paint on another color over your gel manicure. The gel manicure strengthens your nails and helps regular polish stay on way longer than it would last on natural nail. So feel free to gel manicure and then use your regular polish over it. (not sandwiched like others suggest).

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

I have been eyeing this since I saw it in a magazine in December. It looked like a great deal for a gel polish kit. I bought the berry wine kit about 3 weeks ago and really like the color and shine. It took me about an hour to do it, which is super long for someone with a very active baby. The removal is a b***h too. But what do you expect from a polish that promises to stay on for 2 weeks? I did get some chipping on day 5, which still isn't too bad because I would get chipping with normal polish in a day or 2. Also I only applied the primer on the perimeter of my nails for easier removal, so that could have been why it chipped sooner. The gel makes my nails thick and strong. Even though this takes time to remove and apply, I still give it 5 stars for price, and all around a good product. I wish there was a remover for it that didn't damage the nail or skin...

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure