Vichy liftactiv serum 10

Vichy liftactiv serum 10

3.7

Water, Rhamnose, Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Salicylol Phytosphingosine, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyl Tauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloylmethyl Taurate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Octyldodecanol, Fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- scent is so faint and not irritating
- did not visibly irritate skin
- feels very moisturizing when applied
- feels like moisturizer mixed with a bit of aloe vera juice
- dropper allows easy dispensing of product on palm of hand
- bottle looks opaque to me which keeps ingredients stable

Cons:
- claims to visibly reduce wrinkles and fine lines, plump skin in 10 days and make skin feel tighter but did not see any of that (maybe I'm beyond help)
- expensive

Applied under face cream twice a day. Results may come to fruition if I had used several bottles but it's too spendy to test out that theory. On to the next one.

on 2/25/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Me buying this serum is an example of how I'm sometimes a little bit too impulsive of a buyer. A while ago I had a bit of a freak-out about how apparently it was high time for me to start looking into anti-age products, and I bought this as I needed a new serum anyway. Looking back, there were probably a lot of products that would've been more suited for my 23-year-old skin. But noticeable anti-age and firming effects aside, this also claims to plump the skin, visibly reduce pores, create a smoother texture and make your skin more radiant. All of this in 10 minutes! The last claim makes me want to roll my eyes a little bit. I've only been using this once a day (at night) so far, but I'm planning on working it into my mourning routine as well to see if there's more of an effect that way. Because right now, I feel like this does next to nothing to my skin. It absolutely isn't bad for my skin, and I don't think it's impossible that it might've bettered my skin without me necessarily noticing it. Or I've just credited another product for any change I've seen. But overall, I feel like it hasn't lived up to all the things it claims to do.

+ Hygienic packaging with a dropper
+ Sinks into the skin very quickly
+ Practically fragrance free
+ Feels very gentle and non-irritating on the skin (hypoallergenic claim)
+ No parabens

- Big claims, little effects
- Therefore I feel like I paid a little too much for a "meh" product.
- Brand tests on animals

on 1/30/2016 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've only been using vichy liftactiv serum for a couple of weeks now my skin is a lot smoother and it feels more hydrating I've been using it morning and night my skin dose feel a lot better in such a short time the application is very easy to use I haven't got anything negative points about this I would definitely recommend it its really amazing I will be giving more feedback back after a mounth.
its definitely worth buying:-) :-)☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡

on 12/11/2015 12:37:00 PM

It's not anti aging, but gives a nice glow to my supersensitive skin, which makes it look more youthful. Pores seem to be smaller, though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

One of the only products that Ive ever been able to put on my overactive red/sensitive skin..
Little to no fragrance- it absorbs quickly and I saw results within 72 hours..
Ive been wanting to try the moisturizer from this category (Liftactiv 10)..
I think I may do so as I have been using this particular product for the past year and I absolutely love it...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great primer for make up..I love this stuff.

on 3/5/2015 1:36:00 PM

I have extremely sensitive, reactive, alternately super dry (during winter) and temperamentally oily (during summer), and this did not irritate my skin at all, nor did it dry me out.

The texture is nice, with minimal odor, but I didn't notice much change in the texture of my skin. That being said, I did not use any other products from the LiftActiv line with this serum, so perhaps you'd have better results that way?

I LOVE other Vichy products, such as the Aqualia Thermal riche cream, which I use as a neck and decollete cream, and sometimes as a face cream, depending.

Packaging is pretty, but I don't know that it's worth the price tag.

on 2/20/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is dispensed with a dropper. Just slightly more viscous than water, a pea-sized amount is deposited in your hand with each full dropper fill. It's enough to cover the entire face. I use it everywhere, even eyelids and undereye area. No allergic reactions at all. It's got a faint perfume scent, but nothing overpowering.

I notice that in combination with the Vichy LiftActiv Nuit, my skin is much more taut and young-looking. Won't do much for the deeper layers of skin, but the surface seems much more youthful. After wearing this under my CeraVE lotion, I wake up with the oilies under control and my pores looking much more refined. Skin feels silky. Undereye area is much more line-free that it would've been without.

My only holdup is that it seems I'm blow through this bottle pretty quickly. However, I'll repurchase for sure!

on 12/30/2014 4:55:00 PM

This product is just mehhhhh for me. It goes on very shiny and sticky. I try to use a small amount to prevent this but it doesn't change the outcome. The smell is quite strong. The packaging is ok with the dropper but I would have liked a pump. It does seem to make my skin look refreshed with the dewiness. There is no way I could wear this under makeup or during the day though because it balls up with the slightest bit of friction. This serum doesn't break me out so that's good. I haven't seen a change in my skin after using this for about a month. Overall it gives immediate freshness but nothing long term.

on 12/14/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For someone who's oily (but not dehydrated), winter skincare in a humid city like Mumbai can by tricky. It never gets too cold for proper face cream, days are still sunny, you may perspire too, but there's definite dryness on the skin and evenings are just short of chilly. This year I've found Vichy's serum to be the ideal product - for hydration, strictly. No magical age reversal or spectacular transformation, sorry!.
It's like a runny gum, transclucent and easily absorbed on damp skin (I spritz the Vichy water spray) leaving a dry surface. Some reviewers have found trouble applying makeup, but I've had no issues with under eye corrector, concealer and setting powder. I apply three drops for all over the face plus one tiny one for the sides of my nose, which are drier.
Vichy's best quality, I suppose, is how accommodating it is for my needs. It doesn't react badly with my skin or the weather. I stay non-sticky, non shiny but smooth skinned all day. It is not a pain to wash off in the shower. I never have to worry "Have I used too much?". There's less waiting time for it to absorb. Basically a breeze.
I have to say my skin usually looks best after a workout or a nap. This serum hasn't repilcated those effects, I have seen no discernible change. Just easy hydration.