Shiseido Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

Shiseido  Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

3.8

Water, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Butylene Glycol, Paraffin, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Squalane, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Glutamate, Sodium PCA, Dipropylene Glycol, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sanguisorba Officinals Root Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, BHT

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, this product gave me multiple milia bumps around my eyes after a week, and I decided to return it for that reason. Otherwise, I really liked this eye cream. I couldn't wear makeup over it, as it stayed greasy and sticky for 12+ hours; I personally considered this a good thing, as it also kept my eyes from drying out overnight or during 12+ hour shifts. A little really does go a long way, so the full-size jar I bought would have lasted me a crazy long time. The packaging, however, is larger than necessary, which makes it bulky in a cosmetics bag and clumsy to handle. Also, there wasn't a spot to attach the little spatula that came in the box...soo the whole "sanitary spatula" idea was kind of pointless. A squeeze tube would have been more sanitary and easier to handle (also less likely to spill). Overall, I think this would have been a great cream for my dry, fine line-prone eyes had it not been for those darn milia!

on 6/22/2016 11:16:00 PM

i bought this product after reading the reviews in makeupalley. I'm 37 and have fine under eye wrinkles (visible when i'm smiling) since my early 30s. These have bothered me for a while but I'm also very worried about milia, so held off using any rich eye creme for a long time.
Finally i decided that i had to do something about it as the eye creme that I was using in for day & night (nivea Q10 eye creme) simply couldnt "survive" the night. I sleep in air-conditioned room nightly. My under-eye area felt dry by morning.
I must say this benefiance eye creme is really rich in texture, almost waxy, has a faint fragrance (smells nice but honestly i dont need it) and thoroughly survived the air-conditioned environment. I don't think it eliminated any wrinkles, but it did plump up my under-eye area slightly. So when i stop using it, the effects are gone. I'm now in my 3rd jar and though it is expensive, since it works, i will continue to pay for it.
However, for me, it is too rich to be used in the day because my makeup will cake it in. I'm still searching for a good eye creme for day use. but for night use, I think this is the best for me so far.
I actually like jar packaging because i get to use every bit of it and since I always wash my hands before applying anything on my face and cap the jar right after dipping my ring finger ever so slightly on the creme, I dont think there is so much contamination issue.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/4/2016 2:47:00 AM

I was loyal to la prairie cellular eye contour cream for more than a decade. Even though I've tried other eye creams sometimes (la prairie caviar eye, la mer eye...) i always came back to it until i met benefiance wrinkle resist eye:) The texture is not very thick in my opinion when you are getting closer to your 40s that comforting feeling around the eye area that last all day is actually very very pleasant. I use ultimune eye serum under and i love the result. La prairie caviar eye serum and cellular eye contour cream combo was not feeling this comforting and hydrating. I found my new eye area products and I'm very impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is probably the closest HG eye cream I've tried over the years. It doesn't eliminate fine lines and wrinkles (no cream or cosmetic can do that) but it does lessen the appearance of them.
A little goes a long way as it's quite rich in texture.
I dab it along the outer area under the eyes and apply a thin coat of Vaseline to seal in the moisture. The result is smoother looking skin the next morning. (as long as I get enough sleep the night before - there's a reason why it's called beauty sleep)

This cream does contain fragrance so I definitely recommend getting a sample from Sephora to see if you can tolerate the scent before buying the full sized jar.
My biggest gripe is the huge price tag for such a small jar, hence the four lipsticks.

This is my one big splurge with skin care and I'm glad I took the plunge.

on 1/24/2016 10:14:00 AM

I've used this eye cream for years and really can't live without it. It does nothing though for wrinkles, dark circles, etc. but for hydration it's excellent. This skin around my eyes is extremely dry. In fact the skin on the inner corners of my eyes actually flakes and this cream is a lifesaver. I would love it to do more in terms of wrinkles, filling or lifting but I really think that takes acids, lasers, injectables, etc. Of course I'll keep experimenting and trying new products but for pure hydration, I always come back to this.

This is an okay eye cream. Certainly not my holy grail. I bought it because the reviews were pretty good and I'm 27 and pretty big on antiaging products.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, because I wasn't expecting miracles but I wouldn't buy it again.

I have combination/oily skin and look young but love anti aging products. I was hoping it could alleviate when i look dehydrated sometimes and my skin starts looking a tad wrinkly from lack of water/too much coffee.

This product is... Meh.

It moisturized, but I dont think it lives up to its own hype.

on 12/26/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Honestly, I feel ripped off. The cream ran me about 60 dollars *tax included* at sephora. I heard great things about it.

I suffer from

Very dry skin under eyes
Thin skin beneath eyes
Dark Circles
Wrinkles

As soon as I put it on, it felt like petroleum jelly. I go and check the ingredients list and sure enough, petroleum is the 5th ingredient. This thing is jam packed with jelly. It feels exactly like jelly. I've been using it for 2 weeks and haven't noticed any improvements, just a really tacky, greasy feeling around my eyes.

Yeah sure, it hydrates. But Vaseline does the same thing and it's only 1.99

Save your money.

on 11/19/2015 2:13:00 PM

This eye cream is very hydrating. My skin gets really dry during the winter and I had no problems when using this eye cream. I can't attest to the wrinkle resistance of it but if you're looking for a hydrating eye cream this does a good job. I wish it wasn't in a pot though.

on 11/5/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This eye cream is VERY moisturizing and HG for me, despite the price. I am convinced that it has prevented the progression of my under eye wrinkles for the last 4 years. When I did stop using it (due to the fact that it's quite expensive) and tried other eye creams I noticed my wrinkles multiplying and becoming deeper over one year of not using this product. I wish I had switched back sooner! I finally gave in and bought more about 6 months ago, and again my wrinkles have stopped progressing, the skin around my eyes now feel perfectly hydrated all day and night, and concealer applies much better as well.

Some people complain of it being "greasy" but another reviewer described it quite accurately as more of a protective, wrinkle-filling "film." I actually love the feel of this aspect of the cream and it lasts about 8-10 hours on my skin before completely going away.

Yes, it's pricey, but one jar lasts almost a year, and I found out the hard way that it's actually worth every penny.

The Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream is an ultrarich, age-defying cream. it claims to visibly improve the appearance of all types of eye area wrinkles, especially inner corner creases, crow’s feet, and lid creases, and it additionally promises to reduce wrinkles over time.

The cosmetic "wrinkle fill-in" effects are from thick hydrators like mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, squalane, hyaluronic acid, and beeswax. Butylene glycol increases the penetration of all of these ingredients so they can actually get into the skin in the first place. It's kind-of neat because these thick, highly moisturizing ingredients will fill in hard-to-target areas like inner corner eye creases and crow’s feet instantly.

But there are no really potent anti-aging ingredients here, like retinoids, peptides, niacinamide, or anything truly novel or promising in the research. At least not in my opinion!

I’m impressed with the temporary aesthetic properties of this product for deep wrinkles, but I’m not blown away by the effects for long-term wrinkle reduction.

Here's a full review I wrote on this for my blog. https://www.futurederm.com/shiseido-benefiance-wrinkle-resist-24-intensive-eye-contour-cream/