Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

On a budget-exploding trip to Sephora I indulged in this along with one other product which I absolutely despise and loathe and shall remain nameless (think NARS Lightweight All Day Luminous Foundation).

The disappointment of NARS-gate has been offset by this little beaut. And the thing about this is that although it is so very pricey I think it's going to be worth every penny.

As a clear balm it gives a very long lasting shine to the lips, subtle and non sticky. When worn overnight my lips are plumper and moisturized by the morning. But the magical thing about this is that it transforms other lipsticks when they are worn over the top of it. So all those matte and deep coloured lippies which you can't wear every day..now become sheer, soft and magical lip tints suitable for daytime wear. Which is surely cost effective in the long run right?

It really does make your lips look and feel nicer, and it lasts a good long time on the lips.

on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;]

UPDATE:
This eventually dried out my lips and just stopped working to moisturize. However, I discovered Bath and Body Words CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Lip Balm. I have been using it for seven months (winter, spring, summer) at night and a little in the morning. My lips are completely chap free!