Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

4.3

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have the clear formula. I like the way this product feels, but the taste can be off-putting at times. There is a light sweet taste but it's also bitter. Not a big fan of this lip treatment. It doesn't do much for my lip dryness even though it does feel good on.

on 8/21/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I adore this lip balm, it's taken the place of my beloved Burt's Bee Pomegranate. To me it smells like lemon furniture polish, but thankfully the scent fades quickly & I can't really taste it. I use it daily upon waking & again at bedtime, my lips have never been in better shape. The only drawback is the cost, it's pretty expensive at about $25 a tube. It's well worth it to me to make my lips so happy!!! I'm on about my 7th or 8th tube...

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love the way it smells and feels, but I hate the price and the fact that it is so fragile. The lip therapy is softer than the SPF versions. It goes on easily and requires almost no pressure to apply, but since it is so soft, it also mushes up and breaks if you use too much pressure or if it gets too warm. I live in Texas, where it's quite warm most of the year. I have to be exceedingly careful with this or the bullet will break. I've had this for some time and the bullet is now a misshapen blob.

The scent of the therapy is not as strong as that of the original, which I was disappointed by, as I love the smell and flavor of the original. I love that it has no SPF, which makes it perfect for inside the office or home and bed time. I find most lip products with SPF to be drying, so I don't like to use SPF unless I'm actually going to be exposed to the sun.

One of the things I like the most about the Fresh lip treatments is the packaging. I have been using Fresh lip products for years and never once had a lid come off and the product get all over the inside of my bag. That's happened with most every type of lipstick and tube lip balm I've ever owned, but never a Fresh tube. The screw-on top is brilliant.

This is a good lip balm, but it's also very expensive. At $25 for .15oz tube of product, that's $167/ounce. Here's how it stacks up against some other high-end or popular brands:

By Terry Baume de Rose $169/oz
Fresh Adv Lip Therapy: $167/oz
La Mer The Lip Balm $156/oz
Sarah Happ's Lip Slip $24/oz
Burt's Bees balms $10/oz

One advantage of the Fresh is that it comes in a tube and the others (except the Burt's Bees) come in a pot, but you definitely pay for the convenience of that great tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I spent this much money on a lip balm. However, this is the best lip balm I have ever used. Even better than my favorite Dr. Haushka one.
It's moisturizing and non-sticky. Also not overly waxy but there is a definite feeling on your lips that lasts (in a good way) and feels very moisturizing. If you can get a sample of this, grab some right away. Otherwise, purchase this and know that you've invested in the welfare of your lips and that you'll get what you pay for.
I'm curious to find out how long it will take me to use this up, but I think it will be a while. In the full-size, you get a lot of balm and each application lasts a good 3-4 hours for me (even through eating and drinking!).
Despite the price, which would normally take the rating down a lippie, in my opinion, this lip treatment gets 5 lippies. It is that good. Don't hesitate and try it out!