Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.5

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this lip balm. I have a travel size in the shade Dream and have almost finished it. Dream is a sheer pink that really has almost no color on my lips. The only problems I have with it are how slick/oily it is and that it melts very easily. The smell is nice, a sweet citrus.

It's meant to give lips 24-hour hydration, and I feel like it does a pretty good job. I apply just a couple dots in the morning and rub it in with my finger before applying my lipstick. I make sure it's a super thin layer so it doesn't affect my lipstick since it's so oily. If I need some throughout the day because my lips get dry or chapped I'll apply as needed (but that's rare, I usually just reapply whatever lipstick I'm wearing) and I apply a more generous amount in the evening, especially before going to bed. My lips have definitely been hydrated while using this, but I don't think I could justify the price when Chapstick and Burt's Bees lip balms work fine for me too. I think this might be something I'd repurchase once in a while to treat myself. It's not something I'd buy regularly.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Generally, I'm not a fan of Fresh products. I find them to be way overpriced for what they deliver. But I received a large sample size of Fresh Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment in pink and absolutely love it. Lately I've been wearing matte lipsticks which are very drying to me. This product really hydrates my lips and heals the peeling caused by lipstick. I don't find the pink gives my lips any color though, which is fine since I can wear gloss on top. Very expensive, but I will consider buying a full sized version when the sample runs out.

on 8/18/2017 10:44:00 AM

I'm a person who can't live without a lipbalm. With the hype of fresh lipbalm, so I had decided indulge myself with this little thing. Unfortunately, It was very disappointing, the moisturer just didn't last. I had to re-apply every 1-2 hours in summer time which is relative humid. I can get something much better at a better price.

on 8/7/2017 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a huge fan of FRESH tinted lip balms but this one doesn't perform like them! I expected it to be even better due to the "advanced" formula but i find the untinted version to perform better.
When i wear this lipbalm before going to bed, i wake up with weird lips, they feel like cardboard and it lasts all day!
Really disappointed by this product!

on 8/9/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like these. I really dislike how expensive they are! A lip balm should not be $25!

I received my first Fresh Sugar lip treatment as a birthday gift from Sephora years ago. It was like how a crack dealer gives a free sample to suck you into the drug habit. That's how I was. I am always hunting for the perfect lip product, and this one was pretty close! When sephora has these as a free gift, I always make a purchase, just to get these.

I keep one of these in my desk drawer, and next to the bed. I put this on every night before bed. My lips have never felt more soothed.

I like the metal case, and the fact it screws closed, so it will never accidentally open while in my purse.

They are very low melting point, which is why they feel so good melting on your lips. It is bad though, since in your pocket, or in the summer, they will practically melt. The balm pellet becomes very soft, and can break off very easily. For this reason I only use these in the house.

This version is clear, without SPF.

on 12/5/2015 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I did not purchase this product but received a large sample from Sephora. My main feeling about this product (and the Fresh lip range in general) is that it is vastly overpriced. You could go out and buy about 7 different flavours of eos lip balm for the same price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There is absolutely nothing about this balm that justifies the price tag. Further there are some things about this balm that are problematic. It goes on thick, but it doesn't wear long. The metal packaging will almost always guarantee a melt-down mess if left in the car or a warm place.

I just can't justify spending $$ on this.

on 10/31/2015 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The product itself is honestly amazing, treats my lips like no other and stays on for so long but this runs out so quick! It feels so soft that the balm is basically just melting away with every use, and i try to use as little as possible. I bought this about two weeks ago and it's already at its halfway point, so it's definitely not worth 29$ for me at all.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Holy. Crap.

I have eczema on my lips, and I was using Nuxe RÍve de Miel before, which I thought was already really good.

I got this as a gift, because I was unwilling to spend $29 CAD on a lip balm. It has soothed my most recent flare up in a matter of hours, and my lips look smooth and soft where it was scaly and peeling before.

It has a very light texture and pleasant scent (think lemon candy).

All in all, if you have severe lip problems, I would definitely recommend this.

Update: I've had this for about a month and a half and I have a about a quarter of it left. This lip balm is very light, so I find it's not the greatest for wearing overnight. Also, the key for optimal moisture is to leave your lips alone after application; don't rub them together, don't touch them, don't lick your lips. This way, the product can absorb into your lips properly and last longer.

on 6/29/2014 9:31:00 AM

This lip balm has exactly the same texture as all the other Fresh lip balms, which is to say smooth and creamy. This smells like delicious lemons (my favorite!) and goes on very smoothly. This lip balm is not any better than the other Fresh lip balms, but the price is a little bit higher. I actually prefer the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm to this (which is six dollars cheaper and does not melt as easily). Overall, this is a good lip balm, but the price is outrageous. I would not repurchase this lip balm in particular, but instead would recommend the other tinted lip balms by Fresh.