Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.9

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this lip balm. I have a travel size in the shade Dream and have almost finished it. Dream is a sheer pink that really has almost no color on my lips. The only problems I have with it are how slick/oily it is and that it melts very easily. The smell is nice, a sweet citrus.

It's meant to give lips 24-hour hydration, and I feel like it does a pretty good job. I apply just a couple dots in the morning and rub it in with my finger before applying my lipstick. I make sure it's a super thin layer so it doesn't affect my lipstick since it's so oily. If I need some throughout the day because my lips get dry or chapped I'll apply as needed (but that's rare, I usually just reapply whatever lipstick I'm wearing) and I apply a more generous amount in the evening, especially before going to bed. My lips have definitely been hydrated while using this, but I don't think I could justify the price when Chapstick and Burt's Bees lip balms work fine for me too. I think this might be something I'd repurchase once in a while to treat myself. It's not something I'd buy regularly.

on 1/19/2017 5:21:00 PM

The only downfall is the price. I have super dry chapped lips. The kind that get crusty and crack and bleed. Fresh Sugar lipsticks have fixed this. They come in awesome colours too!!

I actually love this balm! It moisturises very well, feels great on the lips and lasts a long time once put on. What I don't like about it is that it does run out quickly and is pricey, so not great quantity for the price, hence I wouldn't purchase it again, but I do highly recommend if you don't mind spending few extra bucks.

on 4/9/2016 12:01:00 PM

I had my daughter in 2013 and bought this as a gift to myself to pamper myself a bit.

It's super emolient even compared to the original line. So much so that in like 2 weeks I blew through half the tube-- only using it at nights. Most lip balms I use in such a way last 3-4months.

It was moisturizing enough, but not anything out of this world that a regular balm could not achieve.

In the winter I was really dehydrated and he corners of my mouth felt cracked. This did nothing, NOTHING to even help the issue. What helped? My daughters a+d ointment and Lypsyl which is $3. Cleared it right up in a week.

To keep my lips in good condition I much prefer nuxe reve miel in the pot. It isn't cheap, but still less expensive than this.

This really didn't do anything, outside of feel nice.

I tried the original balm, this advanced one and the nude tinted one-- they were all just meh and I have no desire to try more from this line.

on 11/11/2015 7:33:00 AM

Loved this lip balm! I got this because my lips are super dryand even has a burning feeling. The lip balm runs over your lips really smoothly. It totally cures my dry lips. I've tried Eucerin's Lip Aktiv, Nivea's and another few before this but all didn't work out for me. As guaranteed on the packaging, it says it smooths fine lines and wrinkles and it did that for me. My lips feel more beautiful than ever after using this. This is already my 3rd tube of it and would definitely continue using it.

on 6/29/2014 9:31:00 AM

This lip balm has exactly the same texture as all the other Fresh lip balms, which is to say smooth and creamy. This smells like delicious lemons (my favorite!) and goes on very smoothly. This lip balm is not any better than the other Fresh lip balms, but the price is a little bit higher. I actually prefer the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm to this (which is six dollars cheaper and does not melt as easily). Overall, this is a good lip balm, but the price is outrageous. I would not repurchase this lip balm in particular, but instead would recommend the other tinted lip balms by Fresh.

on 10/2/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a few things to say,

First is I have celiac decease and for that reason I stay away from the Original formula of this product because it contains wheat germ oil.

I originally was introduced to this product as a birthday present from Sephora this year. It came with two samples. Rose and Original. I really like the original, and I didn't have a bad reaction to it the few times I used it, but considering my health, it isn't something I want to take a chance on, so I mostly used the Rose. I really like this product line of lip treatment.

This past weekend I hopped over to the Local Sephora shop and saw the Advance Treatment. Read the ingredients. It was green for Go. So I snatched it up. I do not know if I can express with words how much I like this. I don't have to apply much and it lasts for hours even with eating and drinking my lips stay moisturized. I was recently going through a dry lips spell which I hadn't had in years. I had given up on the chapsticks I normally used and finally opened my samples, helped a lot. I find that this Advanced formula helps even more. I am also extremely grateful that the advanced formula doesn't not have the sunscreen in it that the others of this line do. I am not a fan of the chemicals used for sunscreens to be honest so this is very, very nice for me.

I love the packaging. It seems to keep the balm in wonderful condition. The double twist action keeps it safe from being destroyed in my bag like almost ever other container I have ever used.

The only real down side is the cost. $25. It's a lot of money for basically a chap stick. However, a little goes a long way for me and with how dry and cracked my lips where getting even from the other balms and chap sticks I have used I really had to ignore the price and just try it. The upside is Sephora has a great return policy so always keep your receipts. Been using it for a week and I really like how my lips are doing right now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I got this in rose and the clear version from the sephora birthday gift this year. And I have to say, so not worth the price if you were to pay for it! This is a lip product that makes my lips feel dryer once it has dried on my lips. The tint is a nice sheer color but for a tinted balm or chapstick equivalent, waaaaay too expensive and too drying. I'm glad I got to try it and see for myself what I thought about the hype, but now that I have it is definitely not something I will be purchasing.

on 6/21/2012 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say that I did really love this for my lips. It was extremely moisturizing and I found that my mildly dry lips drank it up and stayed very supple. I am not kidding, but I think my lips actually looked a little bigger. At first I kept thinking that I was just imagining things, until I read about its claims and realized fuller lips was one of them. So, I definitely feel like it delivered. I put it on every night before bed and when I woke up, they still felt healthy and moisturized. I also loved the subtle lemon-y scent this had. It was a pleasant product to use.

The CON: I broke out from using this. All around my lips I began getting little whiteheads, which at first was no big deal until they started to get worse. So I had to discontinue my use of it which I really, truly am bummed about. So, while I would recommend this to friends and family that are looking for a deeper treatment for their dried/chapped/rough lips, I can't say it is good for anyone with sensitive skin like I have. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this ones good, but not better than the sugar one even though its a couple bucks more. its bugs me that the sugar one has spf and this one doesn't. get the sugar one!