Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.9

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

on 8/18/2017 10:44:00 AM

I'm a person who can't live without a lipbalm. With the hype of fresh lipbalm, so I had decided indulge myself with this little thing. Unfortunately, It was very disappointing, the moisturer just didn't last. I had to re-apply every 1-2 hours in summer time which is relative humid. I can get something much better at a better price.

on 8/7/2017 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am a huge fan of FRESH tinted lip balms but this one doesn't perform like them! I expected it to be even better due to the "advanced" formula but i find the untinted version to perform better.
When i wear this lipbalm before going to bed, i wake up with weird lips, they feel like cardboard and it lasts all day!
Really disappointed by this product!

I wanted to love this product more than anything. :(
But it has got to be one of the worst lip balms I've ever used.
I love the design of the packaging because it's very clean and pretty. But the stick is loose in there so it can break off easily.
The smell of the balm is wonderful. Like lemon sugar. I love it!
And applying the balm is the best most luxurious feeling in the world! Like butter!
After all these pros, I thought it would work amazingly on my naturally dry lips.
My lips are always dry, flaky, and peeling. Especially in the winter time.
Which Is why I got the advanced one!
But I've been using it for two weeks straight now every night before bed, and my lips are probably more dry than ever.
I thought I would wake up to flawless soft smoothe lips!
But I wake up to just the opposite.
I thought maybe after using it a little longer it would work better.
Nope! My lips just got worse!!!
I honestly can't believe how horribly this works.
And for the price, so not worth it!! Not even worth $1 to be honest.
So paying $25 for it is obserd.
If the advanced therapy works this bad, imagine how bad the regular one works.
I really wanted to love this especially since it applys on so nicely and smells wonderful.
But other than that it's useless.
Save your money and get Vaseline lip therapy which works wonderfully!

on 9/25/2017 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a large sample size as part of a Blue Mercury sales promotion. It moisturizes my lips but doesn't last. Would never purchase. It is nowhere near as good as my HG Nuxe Reve de Miel for at home care or my makeup prep and carry in my handbag current favorite, Dior Creme de Rose Soothing Plumping Lip Balm.

on 4/9/2016 12:01:00 PM

I had my daughter in 2013 and bought this as a gift to myself to pamper myself a bit.

It's super emolient even compared to the original line. So much so that in like 2 weeks I blew through half the tube-- only using it at nights. Most lip balms I use in such a way last 3-4months.

It was moisturizing enough, but not anything out of this world that a regular balm could not achieve.

In the winter I was really dehydrated and he corners of my mouth felt cracked. This did nothing, NOTHING to even help the issue. What helped? My daughters a+d ointment and Lypsyl which is $3. Cleared it right up in a week.

To keep my lips in good condition I much prefer nuxe reve miel in the pot. It isn't cheap, but still less expensive than this.

This really didn't do anything, outside of feel nice.

I tried the original balm, this advanced one and the nude tinted one-- they were all just meh and I have no desire to try more from this line.

on 4/9/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this lip treatment stick as part of a value pack with a travel size of the Fresh Soy cleanser. While this stick retails for a whopping $26 separately, in the pack it was slightly less and I was always curious about it, so decided to buy it. I like the metal packaging, it is sturdy and pleasant to use. The product itself? Not so much. While this is not a bad lip balm I would not purchase it again because I think there are better alternatives available, especially at that high price. The Fresh balm didn't last longer on my lips than any drugstore product, and it didn't moisturize my lips very well either. In general the Fresh line has been hit or miss for me, I like a few of their products, like the Soy Cleanser, but I find this lip treatment is just meh.

on 1/17/2015 4:21:00 PM

Got this because my lips get reeeeally dry in winter. It goes on nicely, feels smooth, smells nice, but it dries out on your lips really fast and I found they got even drier the more I used it. The tinted ones are even worse. It also didn't last very long, like I ran out after using it once a day for about a month. Definitely not worth the price. You can get way better ones for nothing (Nivea has the best imo)

on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;]

UPDATE:
This eventually dried out my lips and just stopped working to moisturize. However, I discovered Bath and Body Words CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Lip Balm. I have been using it for seven months (winter, spring, summer) at night and a little in the morning. My lips are completely chap free!

on 9/1/2013 4:44:00 PM

This product has had many rave reviews, But I hate to bring it down. This felt like regular lip balm to me. This truly disappoints me because I love natural lip products. I really wanted this to be HG because of the ingredient list, but it only makes my lips moisturized when they are already soft. When my lips are cracked the balm doesn't really heal them all that well. I would rate this average. Also, the wear time was about 2-3 hours on me. For such an expensive balm I would have wanted longer moisture. The packaging it what really put me off. I would have preferred the tube to be wrapped around closer to the balm. Typically I am outside a lot, and this balm melted after being outside for a good 1-2 hours, huge disappointment. The reason I gave it three stars is because it's mainly natural.

on 7/12/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

purchased this for nighttime use. very pricey, great metal container, goes on ohhhh so smoothly. gave it only 2 lippies because it actually made my lips drier after using this and i broke out like crazy all around my mouth! i tested it for over a month now and i dont reach for it anymore because it dried the heck out of my lips the next day and the pores around my mouth got plugged up like crazy. i now have 5 hyper pigmented scars all around my mouth, its very embarrassing. i have to cover it with concealer everyday until they fade. wish it worked for me because it smells wonderful and glides on beautifully.