Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.9

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love the way it smells and feels, but I hate the price and the fact that it is so fragile. The lip therapy is softer than the SPF versions. It goes on easily and requires almost no pressure to apply, but since it is so soft, it also mushes up and breaks if you use too much pressure or if it gets too warm. I live in Texas, where it's quite warm most of the year. I have to be exceedingly careful with this or the bullet will break. I've had this for some time and the bullet is now a misshapen blob.

The scent of the therapy is not as strong as that of the original, which I was disappointed by, as I love the smell and flavor of the original. I love that it has no SPF, which makes it perfect for inside the office or home and bed time. I find most lip products with SPF to be drying, so I don't like to use SPF unless I'm actually going to be exposed to the sun.

One of the things I like the most about the Fresh lip treatments is the packaging. I have been using Fresh lip products for years and never once had a lid come off and the product get all over the inside of my bag. That's happened with most every type of lipstick and tube lip balm I've ever owned, but never a Fresh tube. The screw-on top is brilliant.

This is a good lip balm, but it's also very expensive. At $25 for .15oz tube of product, that's $167/ounce. Here's how it stacks up against some other high-end or popular brands:

By Terry Baume de Rose $169/oz
Fresh Adv Lip Therapy: $167/oz
La Mer The Lip Balm $156/oz
Sarah Happ's Lip Slip $24/oz
Burt's Bees balms $10/oz

One advantage of the Fresh is that it comes in a tube and the others (except the Burt's Bees) come in a pot, but you definitely pay for the convenience of that great tube.

on 1/28/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I always wished that Fresh would make a lip balm without SPF so I could wear it at night. They finally did, and it's wonderful. It's packaged in the Fresh screw-top tube, but this one is plastic instead of metal, and it works equally well. The balm has Fresh's signature scent, but I think it's a bit subdued in this balm. The balm itself is clear, soft, melts immediately into the lips, and makes them feel incredibly soft. It has that wonderful jelly-like feeling on the lips, like Chantecaille's Lip Chic or the L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balms. Instant comfort. The wear is good--not as long as Nuxe (in the jar), which is much drier, or others that are more waxy and firm, but longer than the Nuxe stick balm. My objections are three--one, it's expensive; two, it's very soft, so I'll use it up quickly; and three, it wouldn't hold up in a purse in the summer. However, it's one of the most totally luxurious products I've ever used in texture, feel, and scent, and I will repurchase.

I upped this to five stars. Despite the drawbacks, this is the best treatment lip balm I've ever used. I can apply a single coat at night, and it's still on my lips in the morning. It also penetrates, instead of sitting on the lips, so it really does make them soft and fuller looking. One of my favorite uses is to apply this before I get into the shower. When I get out, I wipe my lips gently with a towel, and--amazingly--they're soft, supple, and ready for lipstick with no flakes left behind--just a trace of the balm. Kudos to Fresh for this winner!

This lip balm is amazing. Much better than Burt's Bees and all the drugstore lip balms I have tried. Believe me, I have tried them all and it's definitely worth the high price tag. Smells amazing, product absorbs and lips feel moisturised and softer. Up to my third one. Container is sturdy and luxurious.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

On a budget-exploding trip to Sephora I indulged in this along with one other product which I absolutely despise and loathe and shall remain nameless (think NARS Lightweight All Day Luminous Foundation).

The disappointment of NARS-gate has been offset by this little beaut. And the thing about this is that although it is so very pricey I think it's going to be worth every penny.

As a clear balm it gives a very long lasting shine to the lips, subtle and non sticky. When worn overnight my lips are plumper and moisturized by the morning. But the magical thing about this is that it transforms other lipsticks when they are worn over the top of it. So all those matte and deep coloured lippies which you can't wear every day..now become sheer, soft and magical lip tints suitable for daytime wear. Which is surely cost effective in the long run right?

It really does make your lips look and feel nicer, and it lasts a good long time on the lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Other than burt's bees peppermint lip balm, my other go to would be this. It is a sweeter version, smells like lychee. very soft and glides on, provides lips with moisture and doesn't make my lip crack or peel as much. Not sticky. It is pricey and I went through it quite fast. But i dont really mind that it runs out quickly as I like to switch up products every now and then. love the packaging as well, very sturdy and simple.

Update: been through my 2nd tube of this, still love it. due to its texture being softer and easier to break/melt, i apply it really lightly now. and the light layer is more than enough for my lips. also doing this helps last the tube longer (2 mths)!

on 10/31/2015 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The product itself is honestly amazing, treats my lips like no other and stays on for so long but this runs out so quick! It feels so soft that the balm is basically just melting away with every use, and i try to use as little as possible. I bought this about two weeks ago and it's already at its halfway point, so it's definitely not worth 29$ for me at all.

on 4/21/2019 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm crazy in love with this product, which I received as a birthday gift. I picked it out, so I know it costs $26 dollars at Sephora. I would definitely buy it for myself. I have the clear one, and it is incredibly hydrating. It also plumps the lips, but without any stinging ingredients. All the plumping comes from hydrating ingredients. It smells like lemon pie, and comes in a sturdy twist-up container. And did I mention it hydrates? Well it does, better than any lip product I've ever used. It doesn't just coat the lips, but goes deep down inside and hydrates, hydrates, hydrates! Amazing product, HG for sure!!! Highly Recommend!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There is absolutely nothing about this balm that justifies the price tag. Further there are some things about this balm that are problematic. It goes on thick, but it doesn't wear long. The metal packaging will almost always guarantee a melt-down mess if left in the car or a warm place.

I just can't justify spending $$ on this.

on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;]

UPDATE:
This eventually dried out my lips and just stopped working to moisturize. However, I discovered Bath and Body Words CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Lip Balm. I have been using it for seven months (winter, spring, summer) at night and a little in the morning. My lips are completely chap free!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I spent this much money on a lip balm. However, this is the best lip balm I have ever used. Even better than my favorite Dr. Haushka one.
It's moisturizing and non-sticky. Also not overly waxy but there is a definite feeling on your lips that lasts (in a good way) and feels very moisturizing. If you can get a sample of this, grab some right away. Otherwise, purchase this and know that you've invested in the welfare of your lips and that you'll get what you pay for.
I'm curious to find out how long it will take me to use this up, but I think it will be a while. In the full-size, you get a lot of balm and each application lasts a good 3-4 hours for me (even through eating and drinking!).
Despite the price, which would normally take the rating down a lippie, in my opinion, this lip treatment gets 5 lippies. It is that good. Don't hesitate and try it out!