Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Filtered by age: 36-43
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.6

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

I've had a few of these -- all the clear versions -- in full size and deluxe sample. They are moisturizing though I find myself applying often. Not sure if that's because they wear away quickly or I just get into the habit when I have a nice lip balm! The smell is nice, like lemon icing. I like the sturdy packaging and top that screws on so it's quite secure.

Downside is price -- though I like the product no lip balm is worth over $20. It's also a very soft product that gets a bit melty sometimes and one of mine broke off in the tube so it was a little messy.

Overall, I'm glad I tried it but probably won't buy again.

on 4/21/2019 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm crazy in love with this product, which I received as a birthday gift. I picked it out, so I know it costs $26 dollars at Sephora. I would definitely buy it for myself. I have the clear one, and it is incredibly hydrating. It also plumps the lips, but without any stinging ingredients. All the plumping comes from hydrating ingredients. It smells like lemon pie, and comes in a sturdy twist-up container. And did I mention it hydrates? Well it does, better than any lip product I've ever used. It doesn't just coat the lips, but goes deep down inside and hydrates, hydrates, hydrates! Amazing product, HG for sure!!! Highly Recommend!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have the clear formula. I like the way this product feels, but the taste can be off-putting at times. There is a light sweet taste but it's also bitter. Not a big fan of this lip treatment. It doesn't do much for my lip dryness even though it does feel good on.

on 8/18/2017 10:44:00 AM

I'm a person who can't live without a lipbalm. With the hype of fresh lipbalm, so I had decided indulge myself with this little thing. Unfortunately, It was very disappointing, the moisturer just didn't last. I had to re-apply every 1-2 hours in summer time which is relative humid. I can get something much better at a better price.

on 2/17/2017 7:26:00 PM

It's very expensive for the amount you get. I do like the product and have purchased it a few time but every one of the products has broken off the container. I even try not to extend it up too far. It may be better in a lip container rather than a tube.

on 4/9/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this lip treatment stick as part of a value pack with a travel size of the Fresh Soy cleanser. While this stick retails for a whopping $26 separately, in the pack it was slightly less and I was always curious about it, so decided to buy it. I like the metal packaging, it is sturdy and pleasant to use. The product itself? Not so much. While this is not a bad lip balm I would not purchase it again because I think there are better alternatives available, especially at that high price. The Fresh balm didn't last longer on my lips than any drugstore product, and it didn't moisturize my lips very well either. In general the Fresh line has been hit or miss for me, I like a few of their products, like the Soy Cleanser, but I find this lip treatment is just meh.

Divine!! This smells like lemon + sugar sooooo good! It feels so good on my lips which are always dry/chapped but this really quenches them. I've been using this w Hourglass Lip Oil No. 28 w good results but this is warm weather so the test will be when it gets colder. My lips can't tolerate sunscreen in lipbalms if I can avoid SPF which always sux coz they get wind burnt & sun burnt but something w SPF ingredients (which I've isolated), makes them burn like I'm getting a fever blister coming on so I was glad Fresh had a non SPF option. I love the screwed-on lid packaging but I'm afraid the lipbalm is going to break off, it's fragile packaging but at least the cover won't come off probably which is a benefit. I'm very happy w this lipbalm, I will def repurchase & I've got the Rose on order! The lip polish is next on my list!!

I'll be honest....I *want* to hate this balm.lol The price makes me cringe and literally sick to my stomach! How can I possibly justify spending $25 on a lip balm??!! But it actually *works*.
I got a pretty good sized sample from QVC during the Beauty with Benefits promo. I keep it on my keyboard at work. I can see a visible difference in my lips--They look fuller, plumper, more moist... Ugh! I love that it works but when I saw the actual retail price I almost passed out!! $25 for a tube of lip balm?!
The thing is I've been at a loss since Neutrogena Lip Boost got pulled from the market(chemical issues)...That stuff really worked and it was dirt cheap, like $7 at CVS. And I haven't found a moisturizing, lip-boosting product since Lip Boost--until now.
When I say it works, no exaggeration, it works. Even after my gloss has worn off and all I've got is a little liner on, I just smooth some of this Sugar lip balm on and my lips look like I had work done...Fast, simple, effective--but very very not cheap.
So if you have full pouty lips, don't waste your money...use chapstick or something....but if your lips are thin or dry and you want fuller plush lips, this is the way to go. But dear God it's expensive!!lol

on 12/30/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

been using this for a week. my lips have been horrible lately. nervous habit i have is biting my lips and after having a cold sore a few weeks ago my lips were a mess. they aren't perfect right now but after using this every night and during the day while i've been home it's been working miracles.
I know the balm is fragile so this will be one of those things i do not let my niece and nephew put on if they want balm on (they broke my SIL's spf treatment last year). I hate that it's so expensive but if it works like it has been all the time i would gladly pay the price.

Update: I used this whole balm and bought another. i rarely finish a balm but this one works wonders for my lips. Most of the time i use it at night at bedtime since there is no spf in it. I don't like spf balms when i go to bed i don't want that on my pillowcase. I bite my lips a lot and cause a lot of my own chapping but this always heals my lips quickly. I do not like using products with mineral oil or petroleum products in them since long term they can be drying and stuff like that i do not want on my skin anyway since it's a cheap by product/filler product

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I love the way it smells and feels, but I hate the price and the fact that it is so fragile. The lip therapy is softer than the SPF versions. It goes on easily and requires almost no pressure to apply, but since it is so soft, it also mushes up and breaks if you use too much pressure or if it gets too warm. I live in Texas, where it's quite warm most of the year. I have to be exceedingly careful with this or the bullet will break. I've had this for some time and the bullet is now a misshapen blob.

The scent of the therapy is not as strong as that of the original, which I was disappointed by, as I love the smell and flavor of the original. I love that it has no SPF, which makes it perfect for inside the office or home and bed time. I find most lip products with SPF to be drying, so I don't like to use SPF unless I'm actually going to be exposed to the sun.

One of the things I like the most about the Fresh lip treatments is the packaging. I have been using Fresh lip products for years and never once had a lid come off and the product get all over the inside of my bag. That's happened with most every type of lipstick and tube lip balm I've ever owned, but never a Fresh tube. The screw-on top is brilliant.

This is a good lip balm, but it's also very expensive. At $25 for .15oz tube of product, that's $167/ounce. Here's how it stacks up against some other high-end or popular brands:

By Terry Baume de Rose $169/oz
Fresh Adv Lip Therapy: $167/oz
La Mer The Lip Balm $156/oz
Sarah Happ's Lip Slip $24/oz
Burt's Bees balms $10/oz

One advantage of the Fresh is that it comes in a tube and the others (except the Burt's Bees) come in a pot, but you definitely pay for the convenience of that great tube.