Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

Filtered by age: 25-29
Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

3.8

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Decyl Esters, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-6 Isostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hesperetin Laurate, Vanillin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Citral, BHT, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this lip balm. I have a travel size in the shade Dream and have almost finished it. Dream is a sheer pink that really has almost no color on my lips. The only problems I have with it are how slick/oily it is and that it melts very easily. The smell is nice, a sweet citrus.

It's meant to give lips 24-hour hydration, and I feel like it does a pretty good job. I apply just a couple dots in the morning and rub it in with my finger before applying my lipstick. I make sure it's a super thin layer so it doesn't affect my lipstick since it's so oily. If I need some throughout the day because my lips get dry or chapped I'll apply as needed (but that's rare, I usually just reapply whatever lipstick I'm wearing) and I apply a more generous amount in the evening, especially before going to bed. My lips have definitely been hydrated while using this, but I don't think I could justify the price when Chapstick and Burt's Bees lip balms work fine for me too. I think this might be something I'd repurchase once in a while to treat myself. It's not something I'd buy regularly.

This lip balm is amazing. Much better than Burt's Bees and all the drugstore lip balms I have tried. Believe me, I have tried them all and it's definitely worth the high price tag. Smells amazing, product absorbs and lips feel moisturised and softer. Up to my third one. Container is sturdy and luxurious.

on 10/31/2015 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The product itself is honestly amazing, treats my lips like no other and stays on for so long but this runs out so quick! It feels so soft that the balm is basically just melting away with every use, and i try to use as little as possible. I bought this about two weeks ago and it's already at its halfway point, so it's definitely not worth 29$ for me at all.

on 4/9/2015 8:23:00 PM

I love using this at night to hydrate my lips before I go to bed. Not a great taste if you get it in your mouth but it hydrates well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love Fresh lip balms just as much as the next person here. They really are effective and truly moisturizing as opposed to creating a protective barrier/film over dry lips like most balms do. These products truly moisturize and "treat". They're perfect for people who have very dry, cracked lips but also for the casual lip balm user. I use this everyday almost as part of my skin care regimen before bedtime as it is non-sticky or waxy, and definitely prior to using a matte/drying lipstick. It does leave a bit of shine if you really pile it on. The scent is fresh and citrus/lemon-y, which is very pleasant. However, lippies MUST be reduced for price simply because I've never owned one of these balms without it breaking halfway through. I keep this in my bedroom at room temperature next to my mascara--meaning it's not in a hot car or carried in my purse where it can be damaged. I also realize these are delicate because they are made from almost all truly natural ingredients, which is extremely rare in any beauty product and truly impressive as far as Fresh goes. I would purchase these over and over if they weren't $25 a piece and broken not even halfway through!

on 6/29/2014 9:31:00 AM

This lip balm has exactly the same texture as all the other Fresh lip balms, which is to say smooth and creamy. This smells like delicious lemons (my favorite!) and goes on very smoothly. This lip balm is not any better than the other Fresh lip balms, but the price is a little bit higher. I actually prefer the Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm to this (which is six dollars cheaper and does not melt as easily). Overall, this is a good lip balm, but the price is outrageous. I would not repurchase this lip balm in particular, but instead would recommend the other tinted lip balms by Fresh.

This lip balm is quite moisturizing .. The scent is like a sweet lemony gummy ... I only apply this at mornings when I do my routine as well as night .. It has my lips soft and less sored. Haven't seen much difference with the lines and plumpness on my lips or maybe there is, but very subtle . Been using for a month and half.

on 11/16/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This review is for the listed product (Advanced Therapy) in the white tube. I sought this product out because it contains CUPUACU BUTTER, which is very moisturizing for lips. The ingredient is also in MUF lipsticks. This product is the only lip balm I have used recently that does not have a "flash dry" effect on my lips. It leaves my lips with more moisture as time goes on, instead of more chapping and dryness. I have full lips that are naturally dry, think Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope. I was able to get by on regular drugstore lip balms for the longest time, but my lips have gotten drier as I have gotten into my mid-20s. I also wash my face twice a day as part of my skincare routine + live in a cold climate so soft lips are a struggle. I went through my old fall backs JackBlack, Chapstick, Blistex, Nivea Kiss of Smooth, Aveeno, Josie Maran Lip Treatment, Burt's Bee's Replenishing, L'Occitane and the original clear Fresh Sugar in the dark red tube. The exception was Nivea, which is petroletum-free and actually moisturized my lips, but it just wasn't enough moisture for the cold weather.

One TIP FOR KEEPING LIPS SOFT: Do not smooth lip balm on dry lips. Moisten your lips BEFORE using a balm since the balm seals in moisture. Moisture= water or aloe vera. Most balms do not have moisture, but sealants like butters, waxes and oils. I always dampen my lips by taking a sip of water or using a moist paper towel to pat my lips before applying a balm ;]

UPDATE:
This eventually dried out my lips and just stopped working to moisturize. However, I discovered Bath and Body Words CO Bigelow My Favorite Night Lip Balm. I have been using it for seven months (winter, spring, summer) at night and a little in the morning. My lips are completely chap free!

on 10/2/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have a few things to say,

First is I have celiac decease and for that reason I stay away from the Original formula of this product because it contains wheat germ oil.

I originally was introduced to this product as a birthday present from Sephora this year. It came with two samples. Rose and Original. I really like the original, and I didn't have a bad reaction to it the few times I used it, but considering my health, it isn't something I want to take a chance on, so I mostly used the Rose. I really like this product line of lip treatment.

This past weekend I hopped over to the Local Sephora shop and saw the Advance Treatment. Read the ingredients. It was green for Go. So I snatched it up. I do not know if I can express with words how much I like this. I don't have to apply much and it lasts for hours even with eating and drinking my lips stay moisturized. I was recently going through a dry lips spell which I hadn't had in years. I had given up on the chapsticks I normally used and finally opened my samples, helped a lot. I find that this Advanced formula helps even more. I am also extremely grateful that the advanced formula doesn't not have the sunscreen in it that the others of this line do. I am not a fan of the chemicals used for sunscreens to be honest so this is very, very nice for me.

I love the packaging. It seems to keep the balm in wonderful condition. The double twist action keeps it safe from being destroyed in my bag like almost ever other container I have ever used.

The only real down side is the cost. $25. It's a lot of money for basically a chap stick. However, a little goes a long way for me and with how dry and cracked my lips where getting even from the other balms and chap sticks I have used I really had to ignore the price and just try it. The upside is Sephora has a great return policy so always keep your receipts. Been using it for a week and I really like how my lips are doing right now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I got this in rose and the clear version from the sephora birthday gift this year. And I have to say, so not worth the price if you were to pay for it! This is a lip product that makes my lips feel dryer once it has dried on my lips. The tint is a nice sheer color but for a tinted balm or chapstick equivalent, waaaaay too expensive and too drying. I'm glad I got to try it and see for myself what I thought about the hype, but now that I have it is definitely not something I will be purchasing.