Guerlain Mascara noir G

3.7

on 11/5/2015 5:53:00 PM

I bought this right after my desperation with body shop divide and multiply mascara. That mascara is really really bad, the minute i washed my face without rubbing (the sa said it is water resistant, which means you can wash your face withour rubbing your eyes and it stays on your lashes) God it smeared my eyes and i looked like a living corpse.
However this Guerlain Noir G really really gorgeous. I apply it on my bare lashes and holy moly my lashes turned into a wispy feathery lashes, not crispy spidery. It does curling, lifting and multiply my lashes. The result is like taking my c+ bare lashes to A+ lashes but with sophistication. It doesnt glob or blob or clump my lashes. It thickens my lashes yet still look natural as if I have naturally beautiful lashes.
I waited for a few minutes and washed my face (thats how i test a HG mascara) and ladies..it didnt smear, fade or anything. Oh btw, i washed my face 5 times a day, and nothing happened. Am i going to buy again? Well, i already have the refill !! And no complain about the packaging either, yes it is expensive but i dont need to bring extra mirror and the packaging is gorgeous compare with Chanel inimitable ( i also have this), and it is refillable. Whats not to like?

Pro's:
it's creamy
it's compact..most mascaras don't fit in my to go make-up purse.

Con's:
It's extremely heavy
You have to unscrew it so you can click the mirror open so it's not practical to use it for something other than the mascara because it will cause the mascara to dry.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/27/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like the product itself. The brush is amazing and, once set, it doesn't leave my lashes feeling hard and stiff. They feel almost plush. The formula could be a tad wetter for my liking, but it works well as it is. I don't get a ton of lengthening with this, but I already have long lashes to begin with, and this gives me some great volume.

The only thing I can't stand is the packaging. I'm working on a deluxe sample I got from one beauty box or another. I love it as a traditional , simple tube of mascara. I'm getting to the end of my sample and was going to repurchase, but looking at the regular contraption it's sold as (which is $50+ after tax here), I won't buy it. I hate the packaging. I don't need all the extra flash with the huge tube and the mirror. If they were to do away with the crazy packaging and sell the size of the refill in a normal mascara tube for less money (or for the cost of the $28 refill), I would definitely buy it again.

on 12/31/2012 4:41:00 PM

This is a very good performing mascara as far as lengthening, and some curling. It goes on lashes beautifully but I would have some flakes when applying. It is on the drier side. My main problem with this is that I paid the price for the fancy case w/mirror and planned on paying the lower price for the refills. However, I dropped this and a part of the closer popped off and now my mirror won't close. I'm annoyed by that. So I guess if you are prone to dropping things like me and don't really love spending so much on mascara, learn from my mistake and handle this product with care!

on 12/8/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

WOW! This mascara really makes my non-existing lashes look long! The formula is dry which is what I prefer. It doesn't irritate my eyes like many other eye products. Its removed rather easily. I think this just beat my previously favorite mascara, Dior Show! I noticed that this mascara clumps if I wiggle the brush into my lashes, but it looks separates my lashes perfectly if I apply it without wiggling. It holds my curls after curling all day also and has a pleasant light scent of roses, rather than a gross chemical funk like most mascaras. I never thought I'd throw the money down for a mascara but $26 for this feels so worth it!

on 9/18/2012 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of those products I got talked into buying when I was buying other things at the Guerlain counter, and I was tired at the end of the day and my will was weak, but as it turns out I am happy I did. I don't usually like waterproof mascaras because normally they do bad things to my lashes, like dry them out, make them break off, or they flake into my eyes and cause problems there (like a trip to A&E once). At the same time, regular ones usually cause raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I actually had some success with the Serge Lutens mascara, but now that really is crazy expensive. This one is justifiable, especially if you stick with it and buy the refill. Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised. It goes on smoothly - no flakes, no clumps, and it seems to curl ever so slightly, and it does those normal things we expect - makes lashes darker, thicker, longer. The best part is that it doesn't budge at all and actually seems to have improved the condition of my lashes! They don't fall out anymore when I take my eye-makeup off and they're longer because they're not breaking off. Not that it's important with a mascara, but I do like the rose-y scent too. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This mascara is super expensive but it is well worth the splurge. I hardly come across mascaras that i truly love because i am asian and as you can imagine i have thin lashes. This mascara gives me super duper length and volume, and holds my curl. Not to mention its deep dark glossy black in colour as well. People think I'm wearing falsies! I am definitely buying this again. One mascara has lasted me a very long time (perhaps maybe 8 -10 months). So well worth it! Guerlain please do NOT discontinue this mascara. Its my ultimate HG!!!

I mean it is quite an expensive mascara but it is worth it. It looks really cool. The mascara really does give your lashes more volume. My lashes looks more defined after using this Mascara. There's also a mirror which is quite good. This is one unique mascara.

on 4/26/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara, but it is not for everyone!
Pros: smells amazing, refillable, adorable packaging with a mirror, it's like the rouge g's but bigger, conditioning, really black very volumizing

Cons: the brush is hard to hold because of its weight, doesn't curl lashes, and I've seen it actually straighten curled lashes, EXPENSIVE.

But if you let your lashes dry then use a curler you'll be good, and the mascara is great for layering, if you like that I would suggest using bourjois curling one on top, or Lancomes cil booster xl under.

I wouldn't repurchase the whole thing again, just the refills!

It isn't a must have, just a luxury

I have been using this for 5 weeks. The formulation of this product on my lashes deserves a 5+++++. A med- full finish, nice amount of curl and a tapered more natural shape to the lashes. I have been a chanel and dior mascara user for many years, but am now ditching them for this superior formula - I cannot speak more highly of it. I have been using the sample they gave me now for 5 weeks (can you believe that!) every day and have not had one crumble, smear or irritation. Now as far as the packaging goes, I think it is an absolute waste of money and nothing more than a snobby gimmick. Solid yes, but I personally find it too heavy and the mirror too small. And really, when putting your make up on in front of a regular sized mirror, why the heck would you change to a fiddly little number for your mascara! There is no need for touch ups either, so I really just don't see any practical purpose to the design. I did go and purchase a refil a couple of weeks back thinking that surely the sample wasn't going to last much longer, but very pleased it has. The refill is pretty strange looking, but because I love the formula and brush so much, I am prepared to compromise.