Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

2.9

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine

This could easily be advertised as a "dewy finish" sunscreen. It may absorb sebum, but the sunscreen itself is super shiny.

It also burned my eyes so badly I almost had to pull over because I could barely open my eyes while driving. Maybe I'm just allergic to something in it, idk.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I came across this quite recently, and as a long-time user of Cetaphil moisturisers, had to try it. I've been looking to incorporate an SPF moisturiser into my routine and wasn't having much luck with other brands, so figured this would be a great moisturiser as I've had nothing but success with Cetaphil products.

For me this moisturiser had no white cast and a nice, almost matte finish - needed a bit of powder over the top, but much more matte than their Daily Advance moisturiser. Moisturised well. However, in my temperate-cold climate, this product always dispensed with clumps in it. Worth noting that I took this on holiday to the tropics - was pretty hot, and lotion came out smooth. But as soon as I returned home to cooler weather, the clumps reappeared. I tried shaking thoroughly, warming the bottle with hot water, and even repurchased a few months later in case it was an issue with a particular batch but nothing really worked. I got so fed up with having to pick clumps of lotion off my face that I used the rest as body sunscreen and will not repurchase. The lumps do break up if you massage the lotion into skin with a bit of pressure, but it was too much agitation thus not an option for my acne-prone skin.

Another very major complaint I have is that it made my eyes burn like crazy. I would apply in the morning, but during the afternoon, my eyes would inevitably begin to tear up, and would continue until I washed the moisturiser off my eye area. I have never experienced anything like it - the burning was so intense that I could hardly see, which made this moisturiser pretty unappealing. Perhaps it was the moisturiser in combination with my makeup, but as I'd never had this kind of problem before, I was really disappointed.

Definitely disappointed.

on 11/27/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

If this works for you lucky you. Great price for the amount you get and accessibility. Its not overly shiny nor does it have a glaring white cast. Its also easy to spread and makeup goes perfectly on top. My problem is that it breaks me out (pimples/clogged pores) and it feels heavy and suffocating as the day progresses. At the end of the day I cant wait to take the stuff ogg.

Wont repurchase.

I don't get it! The stuff makes my face really shiny exactly what I'm attempting to avoid LOL. Back to the drawing board 🤔

Seriously, a waste of time. It wasn't bad, per se, but for something marketed especially for oily, shiny, skin, I was expecting more. Hopes high, I began to use this product... and found that I did feel kinda greasy throughout the day- exactly the opposite effect of what it claims to do. I will stick to my Neutrogena moisturizer. Do love the high SPF, but there are much better options out there.

on 12/29/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

"Matte finish"?? LOL. Uh, sorry. NO.

I washed my face, tried this once on my face and looked completely greasy.

RETURNED IT. Don't waste your time on this product.

on 11/19/2016 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this product, its inexpensive, has a sunscreen ( which usually I struggle to find one that doesn't irritate my skin ) and can be used with acne treatments. I have found that regular use helps with controlling oil and helps me combat pesky pimples. With this product I recommend that you use it daily for at least one month to get results with oil control.

Pros: inexpensive, oil free, won't block pores, doesn't aggravate acne prone skin, oil control ( over time ) and sunscreen.
Cons: none so far!

Overall it's a fantastic product for daily moisturising and sun protection that doesn't irritate oily, acne prone skin.

on 8/18/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was pretty expensive honestly for me. And i thought this would work for my oily skin, but it does not control oil at all like it claims to be.

I had to blot my face thru the day in school and this actually made me oilier than usual. It did not break me out at all despite I was greasy.
I cannot stress enough how greasy and shiny I was. Can you imagine a light bulb in the classroom?!

Although, Cetaphill is a good brand, I'm definitely not buying this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For what it's worth, this does provide a generous amount of SPF and is a great base for makeup, but that's where the good things end. It doesn't control oil or looks matte AT ALL. Also, it's been causing a major increase of closed comodones, which is not ideal for an acne-prone person. It'd probably be better for normal/combo skin, but this was horrible for my oily skin. It's such a pricey product for the drugstore to boot.

It breaks me out unfortunately after one use. I will not use it on my face again but will use it on my body to finish it up.