2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

For the money, this is the best, most effective and least "sunsreeny" moisturiser I have found with a high SPF. I've been using it for the last year and had no problems with it. Make up goes on OK over it, it's fragrance free and soaks in well without white residue. I like the pump pack - it's clean, and I like that my whole family can use it.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

a year ago

I have been looking for a daily moisturizer with SPF for years but most products break me out/irritate my skin/feel heavy and gross by the end of the day. I was a bit hesitant to try this after seeing mixed reviews but it was recommended to me by my sister so I figured it would be more likely to work for me as we both have sensitive, acne-prone, combination/oily skin. This doesn't break be out or irritate my skin! I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm happy with it. It goes on light and spreads easy. It absorbs into the skin and finishes matte, without any white cast. It doesn't seem to do that much for oil control but I don't know if any product really does that much for my skin. It's also inexpensive for what it is. This seems to be the answer I've been looking for!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2.0

a year ago

The first week I used this it was great--moisturized my skin without irritating it (though I did get the burning feeling near my eyes) and seemed to get rid of flakiness and control shine! Then a week later my skin starting producing oil overtime and my face got super shiny while using this and pimples started to crop up. I'm guessing this didn't produce enough moisture for my skin so even though it was matte at first, my skin tried to compensate with more oil. It also definitely smells like sunscreen--maybe hard to avoid with SPF 30, but the smell was distracting and didn't seem to go away. Because this ended up making my skin more oily, shiny, and cause breakouts I won't be using it. Bummer--I would love to find a moisturizer for acne-prone skin that controls shine, but this isn't it.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

This could easily be advertised as a "dewy finish" sunscreen. It may absorb sebum, but the sunscreen itself is super shiny. It also burned my eyes so badly I almost had to pull over because I could barely open my eyes while driving. Maybe I'm just allergic to something in it, idk.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I came across this quite recently, and as a long-time user of Cetaphil moisturisers, had to try it. I've been looking to incorporate an SPF moisturiser into my routine and wasn't having much luck with other brands, so figured this would be a great moisturiser as I've had nothing but success with Cetaphil products. For me this moisturiser had no white cast and a nice, almost matte finish - needed a bit of powder over the top, but much more matte than their Daily Advance moisturiser. Moisturised well. However, in my temperate-cold climate, this product always dispensed with clumps in it. Worth noting that I took this on holiday to the tropics - was pretty hot, and lotion came out smooth. But as soon as I returned home to cooler weather, the clumps reappeared. I tried shaking thoroughly, warming the bottle with hot water, and even repurchased a few months later in case it was an issue with a particular batch but nothing really worked. I got so fed up with having to pick clumps of lotion off my face that I used the rest as body sunscreen and will not repurchase. The lumps do break up if you massage the lotion into skin with a bit of pressure, but it was too much agitation thus not an option for my acne-prone skin. Another very major complaint I have is that it made my eyes burn like crazy. I would apply in the morning, but during the afternoon, my eyes would inevitably begin to tear up, and would continue until I washed the moisturiser off my eye area. I have never experienced anything like it - the burning was so intense that I could hardly see, which made this moisturiser pretty unappealing. Perhaps it was the moisturiser in combination with my makeup, but as I'd never had this kind of problem before, I was really disappointed. Definitely disappointed.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

In a gist this is a 3-4oz, fragrance free, emollient, transparent moisturizer with broad spectrum spf 30. I DO NOT like it for my oily, acne prone skin. Its too emollient and makes my acne worse. I wont repurchase. I would only reccomend this product to people with normal to dry skin not prone to acne. I haven't found a single fragrance free drugstore sunscreen that works for my oily, acne prone skin. Recently European Sunscreen brands have popped up near me (Bioderma, Vichy, LRP). I haven't tried all of the sunscreens from those, but I did try a fluid sunscreen from Avene marketed as "matte finish" that was anything but. Its was hella greasy sunscreen. It behaves differently when Im in air conditioned spaces, so I guess its closer to a `matte finish` if you live in a cold, dry country. I live in the tropics, total opposite, so that sunscreen is a mess for me. This is a great price for the amount you get and the accessibility. Its not unusably shiny (some sunscreens are so oily they are practically unusable) nor does it have a glaring white cast. After 5-10 minutes it sets enough I can put my makeup on without problems, and I have very oily skin. If I didn't want to wait that long I'd have to lightly dust it with powder before makeup. Its also very easy to spread. My BIG problem is that it breaks me out (pimples/clogged pores) and it feels heavy if I get particularly oily as the day progresses. I've used it a couple of times by today (I repurchased it again! After finishing a bottle), and now I have breakouts around my chin, chest and nose. Not funny. I'm tired of having breakouts. So far I can only use Paula's Choice Skin balancing spf 30, and the FRAGRANCED Make Prem Sun Fluid. I don't understand why so many sunscreens have fragrance, drives me bunkers. It makes them more irritating. Who wants to irritate their face?

About reviewer (354 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I don't get it! The stuff makes my face really shiny exactly what I'm attempting to avoid LOL. Back to the drawing board ????

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

Seriously, a waste of time. It wasn't bad, per se, but for something marketed especially for oily, shiny, skin, I was expecting more. Hopes high, I began to use this product... and found that I did feel kinda greasy throughout the day- exactly the opposite effect of what it claims to do. I will stick to my Neutrogena moisturizer. Do love the high SPF, but there are much better options out there.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

"Matte finish"?? LOL. Uh, sorry. NO. I washed my face, tried this once on my face and looked completely greasy. RETURNED IT. Don't waste your time on this product.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I absolutely love this product, its inexpensive, has a sunscreen ( which usually I struggle to find one that doesn't irritate my skin ) and can be used with acne treatments. I have found that regular use helps with controlling oil and helps me combat pesky pimples. With this product I recommend that you use it daily for at least one month to get results with oil control. Pros: inexpensive, oil free, won't block pores, doesn't aggravate acne prone skin, oil control ( over time ) and sunscreen. Cons: none so far! Overall it's a fantastic product for daily moisturising and sun protection that doesn't irritate oily, acne prone skin.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age30-35