Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

2.9

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine

I don't get it! The stuff makes my face really shiny exactly what I'm attempting to avoid LOL. Back to the drawing board 🤔

Seriously, a waste of time. It wasn't bad, per se, but for something marketed especially for oily, shiny, skin, I was expecting more. Hopes high, I began to use this product... and found that I did feel kinda greasy throughout the day- exactly the opposite effect of what it claims to do. I will stick to my Neutrogena moisturizer. Do love the high SPF, but there are much better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For what it's worth, this does provide a generous amount of SPF and is a great base for makeup, but that's where the good things end. It doesn't control oil or looks matte AT ALL. Also, it's been causing a major increase of closed comodones, which is not ideal for an acne-prone person. It'd probably be better for normal/combo skin, but this was horrible for my oily skin. It's such a pricey product for the drugstore to boot.

on 12/29/2016 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

"Matte finish"?? LOL. Uh, sorry. NO.

I washed my face, tried this once on my face and looked completely greasy.

RETURNED IT. Don't waste your time on this product.

on 11/19/2016 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this product, its inexpensive, has a sunscreen ( which usually I struggle to find one that doesn't irritate my skin ) and can be used with acne treatments. I have found that regular use helps with controlling oil and helps me combat pesky pimples. With this product I recommend that you use it daily for at least one month to get results with oil control.

Pros: inexpensive, oil free, won't block pores, doesn't aggravate acne prone skin, oil control ( over time ) and sunscreen.
Cons: none so far!

Overall it's a fantastic product for daily moisturising and sun protection that doesn't irritate oily, acne prone skin.

on 8/18/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was pretty expensive honestly for me. And i thought this would work for my oily skin, but it does not control oil at all like it claims to be.

I had to blot my face thru the day in school and this actually made me oilier than usual. It did not break me out at all despite I was greasy.
I cannot stress enough how greasy and shiny I was. Can you imagine a light bulb in the classroom?!

Although, Cetaphill is a good brand, I'm definitely not buying this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is absolutely a throwaway product. Please do not waste your money on this. I'm surprised the rating here is as high as it is.

This product rates as being quite expensive within my repertoire, and I would rarely throw my dough at something like this but I trust the Cetaphil brand and not many products developed by dermatologists tout being things that will literally control oil production. I have had awfully oily skin my entire life (beyond "just a little shiny 8 hours after I do my face") and I was excited to try something like this out, even if it only offered a mild benefit. No no no no. It was just all disappointment. I do not anticipate buying anything from Cetaphil with wild claims ever again and plead you to also do the same and stick to their facewash.

Firstly, as many have stated, the finish of this product is not matte. It is "natural." Not dewy, not shiny, not matte, but just a neutral finish. Not necessarily soft in texture either, still a tacky finish, although it is not overwhelming but it's enough that I wouldn't wear this without putting at least some powder over it.

Oil control? Wow, no. And it seems like I am not the only one who feels this way, and I notice a pattern of people with super oily skin feeling this way; I really think this product made my skin even a little bit MORE oily throughout the day. Again, not horribly so. And honestly, I would barely think much of it if this was just a moisturizer, but it doesn't advertise itself that way. It is supposed to reduce oil, and it failed to even maintain the oiliness I'm accustomed to.

Furthermore, it is a WEAK moisturizer. And my slightly sensitive skin did burn sometimes when I put this on. But did my face feel hydrated after using this? No. I think this tried to be two very different things (moisturizer / oil control) and in the process failed to do either one effectively. I will say one benefit is the SPF, and it makes a nice sunscreen truly. I used this every morning under my makeup and under only powder while I was in Key West in the summer, and it kept my face burn-free for sure (which is a feat, because I use retinoic acid creams on my face daily and they sensitize my skin to sun exposure).

I would have given this 2 or 3 stars if it wasn't so expensive. But because it was so expensive and because my disappointment with it ran so deep that it killed my trust in an entire brand, I have to rate this as low as I can, and wish I could give this negative stars if I could.

Save your dollars!!! Buy a good moisturizer and quit falling for "oil control" marketing because it is never true!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product works wonderfully for me, I've been using it for at least two years now. Having very pale combination skin I need high SPF moisturizer and this does the trick. It doesn't make my skin appear that matte but is a fantastic base for foundation and keeps oil production from making my makeup slide around. My only warning is since there is sunscreen in it keep away from eyes, it stings!

It breaks me out unfortunately after one use. I will not use it on my face again but will use it on my body to finish it up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had very high hopes for this in the beginning because I needed a more affordable moisturizer with a good amount of SPF in it and control my oil at the same time but in the end it just wasn't meant to be. The SPF protects very well, which is the only reason I'm giving it 2 stars instead of 1.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to love this. The packaging is adorable, I give it an A+, with the smooth exterior and simple purple pump, but it didn't control oiliness. In fact, it increased my level from oily to VERY oily skin or at least look way greasier immediately after applying it. The product is very lightweight which is good but did not do the job it was advertised to handle.

In conclusion, I have learned over the past few weeks that investing in higher end products is more worth it if you have skin that is tricky to deal with (I have acne-prone, oily, and slightly sensitive skin).