Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Trio

1.8

on 5/15/2016 8:14:00 PM

I love the silver in the silver, grey and black trio. It looks beautiful over my other liners on top and subtle enough to use during the day alone when I don't want to be too made up. Didn't like at first until I read a review about layering them. Now I'm hooked. It really makes your eyes pop!

This brand is so pretty and I expect a lot from it.
However.. This is terrible. It's hard to get both eyes to look the same and it never dries at all so it constantly runs and super smudgy. It makes a mess of my face unfortunately.
I haven't tried any other Kohl eye liners but I can't imagine that are all like this

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

Good kohl.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

You know, I really like these, the purple especially, which I think is in the brown eyes set. They go on smooth, they're nice and pigmented, I like the shimmer to them, and I wear them a lot. I like to do the black or brown, then layer the purple on top of it. I haven't had any issues with them wearing off or not depositing colour. Using a primer on my eyes means I get a much longer wear out of them, and they smudge nicely, which is how I like my eyeliner. If you want a crisp, defined line, obviously these are not going to work for you. But I really like them, and I'm surprised by all the poor reviews!

on 7/30/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got these in a swap, back when MUA still had a swap section. I was interested in trying out kajal eyeliner, and this seems to be the only kind available in the US in conical form. I have the Brown Eyes trio, which comes with a black, brown, and purple eyeliner.

It seems like most of the bad reviews on this product are from people who do not know how to properly use the eyeliner. It is applied using the side, not the tip. It can be used on the waterline, but I only use it on my upper lashline.

The reason why I give this eyeliner a 3/5 rating is because it smudges like crazy! While I believe kajal liners are supposed to be easy to smudge, I have a strange eye shape where every kind of mascara or eyeliner will smudge a little under my eyes at least a little. This transfers onto my lower eyelid rather quickly and profusely. I can prevent this by setting the liner with eyeshadow, but this should not be a required step. The eyeliner also could be more pigmented and apply more smoothly. This is evident when applying black eyeshadow on top of the black eyeliner; it looks much better after this step.

As for the packaging, it's a little flimsy. My purple liner comes out at the base and I often need to stick it back in, and when I remove the cap of my brown one, the entire top of the pencil goes with it, so I need to hold it by the base of the pencil, rather than the handle, when opening it. I've seen other kajal liners that twist up from its casing, like a lipstick. This would be much more compact and convenient.

I wouldn't buy these again, but perhaps I would like to try a kajal liner from South Asia to compare it with.

on 7/27/2015 5:52:00 AM

i have these in all colors, i started out only buying the nude and smoky colors, then i bought hazel and brown eyes sets. idk why but the colored kajals that come in the hazel and brown sets always chip off, maybe formula is different or i just got the defective lot. anyways i love the medium to dark pigmentation that u can build up to when u use these. the colors are gorgeous with subtle shimmer to it, tho it is more like glitter in the black ones of the trios, but i dont mind. i have a weakness for PF products, i hope they never discontinue these

on 7/7/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Nope. Just no.
Here's the thing. The colors are lovely. The idea of these is great. But they just don't last at all. They smudge or disappear so quickly its not worth the trouble. There are so many great eyeliners at the drugstore, don't waste your money on these.
Other reviewers have mentioned to use these differently from a regular pencil eyeliner, turn the cone on its side and rub. I've done it. Regardless, the color is gone out of my waterline almost instantly or smudged off my eyelids right away. They didn't work for me at all.

I love these. They last on my eyes just fine and glide on like a dream. The colors are great as well.

on 3/13/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Terrible product, and a waste of money. I should have read the reviews first. I tried to use these like a traditional kajal kohl. Absolutely zero product deposited. Waited a couple days, gave it another try, still no luck. I applied it like a regular eyeliner pencil on my waterline and did get the product to work, sadly it wore off and smudged quickly. Don't even bother with these, they are pretty much useless.

on 1/12/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Breaks off and Smudges easily so went for luxury eyeliners. Don't recommend them at all.