Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm Multi-Benefit Skin Care Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

I've tried every mineral tinted moisturizer on the market and can't find a better one than this -- but wish that Too Faced would update the formulation. This would be perfection if it weren't for the CONS (see below)!

PROS:
- Contains only mineral sunscreens (zinc oxide and titanium dixoide) AND is fragrance-free, so it doesn't irritate sensitive skin at all
- Contains a bunch of antioxidants, which are protected in opaque packaging
- The shades work great for most skin types
- Nice gel-like texture that blends easily and feels comfortable on skin
- Good coverage for a TM/BB cream!

CONS:
- The shimmer/sparkles! Very 5 years ago. It gives a too-shiny look (especially a few hours in) that's not as natural of a finish as most would like.
- Parabens preservatives

Sephora and Ulta.com no longer carry this, but it's on TF's website. Hopefully Too Faced won't discontinue but will update the formulation/rebrand soon!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

First and foremost, I dislike foundation. I dislike seeing a lovely person from across the room and seeing their foundation before I see them. I haven't worn full-coverage foundation in years and doubt that I ever will, especially since my skin is beginning to, ah, mature. I wore Aveda's Inner Light tinted moisturizer for years, but something has changed with the formulation or my skin and now when I wear it I can see it sitting on my skin instead of seeing good skin. A friend who has good skin - you notice her pretty complexion, not her foundation- wears this and I tried hers to see how it fit. It was the wrong color for me, but I liked how it felt and that it didn't pool up in my dry lines or create an obvious "wearing makeup" look. I took myself to the Ulta counter to find the right color and walked out with Snow Glow. I love how it feels, that I can hit the areas that need coverage and buff it out so all I see is good skin, and how it photographs. I had a professional portrait done for an art opening and my skin looked amazing in all of the pictures- both close up and far away. I don't love the sparkle in this cream, but you only see if if you're standing too close for comfort (and I don't like sparkle in anything), and that's about all I don't like. Well, that and the fact that Snow Glow is nearly always sold out.

To Read all 132 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Recently repurchased a couple of my favorite Too Faced products so figured I'd review 'em all at once. This is the only non-Korean BB cream I'll wear and it's excellent on my skin. Snow Glow is the perfect color for me in winter and it's easily adjusted with a little bronzer in summer. Fantastic silky texture that doesn't feel greasy or sticky.

On my dry skin it's a satin finish that looks like skin and doesn't emphasize flakes or look too super-dewy, which is my main gripe with Korean BBs. My usual favorites are Missha Cho Bo Yang and Skin79 Pink Label, and this one can easily play ball with the big boys. I bought it as a replacement for Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, which broke me out horribly, and it beats the LM by a landslide as far as texture, color match, and longevity go.

What's weird is that I wasn't super excited when I bought it and then one day I realized that it was the only base I'd worn for weeks. I recently downsized my massive foundation collection and this was one of the 11 out of *coughnearlyfortycough* that made the final cut. I've repurchased several times and will continue to do so.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this BB cream. To be fair, it is the first BB cream I've ever used and I got it on sale, but I really like the light coverage that leaves my skin looking fresh and bright instead of dull. I generally don't wear much in the way of foundation, so this really works for smoothing out any minor redness that I might have going on without being too makeupey (if you know what I mean).

I also love that it has SPF in it which helps bring down the time it takes to get ready in the morning and the number of items I have to deal with. Once I did try skipping moisturizer and just putting on the BB cream, but I'd only recommend this if you have very oily skin--mine felt too dry doing this, but it might work in the summer.

Overall, I really like it and will likely purchase again when I run out.

This was so greasy and slick it was almost a gross feel one my face. Other than that it has very high coverage and lasts a long time for how expensive it is.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought my first tube of this BB cream a little over a year ago and am planning to buy another one. I love it because it is so lightweight, but still perfectly evens out my skin tone and covers blemishes while still looking natural. I use this for my everyday routine along with blush and concealer on break out areas and I'm good to go. Although the coverage may fade a little thought out the day, my skin tone stays looking even until I take it off. I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when I had my skin chemically peeled. It was recommended by the aesthetician. It does not contain avobenzone (or it's cousins). It was very soothing and I slathered it on without irritation and discomfort even as my skin was peeling in sheets. It has a decent sun protective factor.

For some reason the Sephora clerks insisted that Nude Glow was my color even after I showed them what the sample application looked like. I think it was a bit too dark for me. Even my 8 year old commented that it looked orange. The coverage is okay. My darker blemishes did show through. Skin does have a nice glow and dewy texture. It did not sit in or accentuate my nose pores or crows-feet.

I will use this for my post-peel days. I might buy a slightly lighter color so that I don't look like an Oompa Loompa. Price is a bit high. I am tempted to try the La Posay Roche tinted sunscreen (but it is even more expensive).

This BB cream is one I have used the most over the years. It provides good coverage and blurs imperfections with ease. I like that it is is dewy and does really make your face glow. I get snow glow and I am pretty fair. It matches nicely. I blend in with my fingers and can go. Really this has the coverage of a light foundation and I find that impressive. The only downfall is it doesn't last on skin very long.

Pros: Has a subtle shimmery finish that I enjoy; neutral to warm undertones, which works well with my skin tone; good texture, no irritating ingredients (uses physical instead of chemical sunscreens), and offers good broad-spectrum sun protection.

Cons: Expensive; the shimmer finish, while nice, isn't always appropriate; not moisturizing enough for me. If you have dry skin, you may need to use a separate moisturizer first.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I'll try to make this relatively short-ish but sweet for my HG product.

My skin is acne prone, combination, light due to the winter but olive with yellow undertones. Finding a base that's light but also fit for yellow/olive (Greek) undertones is half a battle in itself. I have suffered from cystic and hormonal acne in the past, which has *knocks on wood* mostly cleared up due to medication and strict regimen, however, I'm still left with red marks and hyperpigmentation.

Due to the aforementioned lovely marks, I was in the market for a cruelty free, antioxidant rich/skin benefiting, light in consistency and yellow toned base just to wear simply and effortlessly to still look naturally but blur the redness when I chose to wear makeup. I wasn't looking to completely cover up all my marks 110%, so, if you're looking for a FULL coverage, I would stop here.

I use vanilla glow I believe. I will say however that the "BB" cream does cover quite a bit, which surprised me. When experimenting with two layers, it was almost like a medium coverage product. Pretty cool. I still usually only wear one layer which does the job to cover up my hyperpigmentation.

I am a fan of Dewey skin, so I don't powder this. I will however say that I would benefit more from setting my nose area, as I usually get quite an oily nose area- the product doesn't emphasize this at all, but the shine is still there.

I usually put it on for 8am and still have it on for (gross I know) around 8/9 pm. I wouldn't say it looks as amazing as it did when I first applied, but still pretty damn great.

My skin IS acne prone and this has not caused any breakouts yet. I'm not one to leave my makeup on when I work out (even more gross... I know) but I have a couple times when out and about and it was STILL on after, didn't feel gross and cakey and didn't clog my pores. That was pretty awesome.

So overall, this is my favorite makeup product now. So glad I decided to try it out. Makes you look so fresh flawless. I've recommended this to my best friend already, and would any other girls/guys looking for light but flawless and easy to apply coverage.