Tom Ford Traceless Foundation SPF 15

Tom Ford Traceless Foundation SPF 15

3.8

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: OCTINOXATE 2.20% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] CAPRYLYL METHICONE [] DIMETHICONE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] ISOHEXADECANE [] CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE [] ISOCETYL ALCOHOL [] PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE [] MAGNESIUM SULFATE [] PEG-10 DIMETHICONE [] WHEAT GERM GLYCERIDES [] SAPINDUS MUKUROSSI FRUIT EXTRACT [] MORINDA CITRIFOLIA FRUIT EXTRACT [] LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) [] CHOLESTEROL [] CAFFEINE [] GLYCERIN [] SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL [] DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE [] LINOLEIC ACID [] LECITHIN [] PEG-10 DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER [] CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] LAURETH-7 [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] CAESALPINIA SPINOSA GUM [] SORBITAN STEARATE [] TRIETHYL CITRATE [] TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE [] PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE [] HYDROGENATED LECITHIN [] HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] PROPYLENE CARBONATE [] XANTHAN GUM [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] SILICA [] LINALOOL [] CHLOROXYLENOL [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [+/- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] MICA]

Glad it was only a sample. This foundation made for a crappy makeup experience, about as crappy as the brand IMO (had to wash it off and not wear any foundation). Blends terribly, is streaky, looks oily and has non-existent coverage, atrocious for such an expensive foundation. Might as well mix water and chalk with some french fry grease and apply, it would've probably worked better lol.

There are better foundations out there, at the high, mid and low end of the price range. May be suitable for those more concerned with telling others they wear a certain brand of makeup, rather than the actual quality of said makeup.

Garbage. Absolute garbage. In the trash it goes.

on 5/1/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A lovely truly dewy foundation, it does have a buttery look, I love how it melts onto skin. I find the colour Linen a perfect match for my NC15 skn. I have dry deydrated skin, and this is great, but...some days this foundation is perfect, while other days it can accentuate dryness. The key is not to powder or use a primer, in my opinion, as when i have used it with such products it does not perform it's best. Also using fingers, brush or sponge also makes a difference, so one must find the best method for their skin. I really love this foundation, i even like the lavender scent...but I feel it does not love me back..all the time. Why? I do not know, maybe my foundation is old stock? but I will buy this again in Pale Dune next, as Linen is not available in Australia. The wear time is also differing, some days it lasts a good 6hours, other times 3hrs, again it really depends on the skin on the day.

on 3/25/2017 10:15:00 PM

Don't buy this product if you have dry/ dryish skin- it is a very nice foundation if your skin is normal and you need very light coverage. It's expensive but lasts long, great packaging. Overall, I wouldn't buy it again even if it was cheaper, not sure what the buzz is all about.

on 1/12/2017 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

At first I was hesitant to buy this and was deciding between the traceless and the traceless perfecting, but I'm so glad I settled for this one. I'm someone who used to use very, very full coverage foundation on a daily basis (Kat Von D Lockit, Double Wear etc), but wanting to wear lower coverage as of late as my skin has improved. Fantastic foundation, gives such a radiant look to the skin without being too dewy or greasy looking, also does not make me too oily throughout the day, easy to fix just by blotting once during the day. Is light coverage but definitely buildable to medium, I've also had a few days where I've used just a small amount and sheered it out completely just to make me look a bit more awake. I use this usually on days when I want a more lowkey makeup look. Downside, as to all Tom Ford products - the price, but I will continue to buy because I love the philosophy behind his cosmetics range and each that I've used have not disappointed me at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation I have used which gives incredibly dewy finish. Its worth every penny. I have used both the Tom Ford Stick Foundation and the Liquid One. I could see similar finishes in both but however, I prefer this because of the natural dewy soft look it renders. The best part is that it gets blended really well and becomes your "own skin". People have complimented me on my skin every time I wear it. Although its pricey, yet it definitely does justice to the price you pay!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh my gosh, this is such an amazing foundation for dry skin! It gives a beautiful natural, dewy, healthy-looking finish. However, do not use this if your skin is anything other than dry! I have mixed/dry skin and I had to use blotting paper pretty much immediately after applying the foundation. That said, I still did love this foundation and used it every day.

The packaging is beautiful, as can be expected from a Tom Ford product.

The color range is a big plus - many neutral tones as well.

The reason I won't repurchase this is that it's simply too expensive for me. At almost 80€, this foundation only lasted me 6 months. If it was cheaper, I would go back to this.

I was intrigued by TF products, and this is one the stuff I first bought. The formula is thin, dries out dewy, lasted about 5-6 hours in humidity. Gives my skin the healthy no makeup look, and I love it. I still prefer MJ's Gel foundie over this one. This is a very good foundation, but IMO not worth the price, no wow factor whatsoever. Maybe in time I definitely use this foundie as my daily, but for now I'm faithful to my MJ's Genius Gel.

Pros:
Very easy to apply, the pump gives the perfect amount of product.
No transfer, oxidized color is fine, nothing weird/patchy whatsoever.
Good amount of coverage.
Dewy, healthy looking MSBB on me.

Cons:
Price way too steep, for a comparable product.
Should wear a primer underneath, otherwise in a few hours my face will look like an oily mess (from a normal to dry skin gal like me, this is surprising).
I normally don't use powder as a setting step, but for this foundie, I have to.

on 5/31/2016 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing foundation for normal dry skin types! Provides sheer to medium coverage and looks very natural on skin without enhancing pores or lines... Am very happy to use it because I love the color 06 I choosed for my tanned skin! Nc43 at the moment! Tom Ford is one of my favorites makeup brands. It's high quality and I love the way the products looks and the way it feels on my skin. Highly recommended

on 5/7/2016 5:24:00 PM

I decided to try out this foundation because I couldn’t buy my shade of the foundation which I had used. I’m glad to give it a try.This foundation makes my skin look healthy. I love it.

The best feature: natural, traceless finish.
This foundation doesn't accentuate fine lines and pores. This is one of the best features of it. It blends easily and goes well with my sunblock with zinc oxide. It makes my skin look dewy and natural: FYI, my skin is normal. The lightest shade (alabaster) is on the dark side compared to other brand foundations, but it is not an issue for me. FYI, I used B 10 of Yves Saint Laurent Youth Serum Foundation and #02 of Guerlain Parure Gold, but the two shades didn’t match my skin tone exactly. Compared to the two foundations, this foundation is runnier. The coverage is light.

The point I wish:
The only complaint is that this foundation contains Octinoxate as a sunscreen property. Regarding ingredients, it doesn't have ingredients that I'm concerned about for safety except Octinoxate. I try to avoid sunscreen/sunblock products with Octinoxate. Yet its amount in this foundation is little, and it is very hard to find a liquid foundation without Octinoxate in the market. I’m wondering why cosmetic companies put sunscreen properties in foundations even though the amount of the sunscreen/sunblock properties is not enough to protect the skin from UVA and UVB.

I recommend this foundation to people who want light, natural look finish.

on 3/12/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down the worst foundation I've ever used, and I've tried a lot of them. I've loved every single Tom Ford product I've tried so far - the cream eyeshadows, lipsticks, the illuminating duo (a desert island product fo' sure), etc. - so you can imagine how much I wanted to love this one. I made the mistake of saving a sample I got of this for a special occasion... oh boy. It was so bad I actually doubled cleansed my face and redid my makeup altogether - a rarity, because I'm that person who doesn't mind having a bad makeup day once in a while. I've combination skin and this foundation clung to ALL my dry patches on the cheeks, despite applying it with a damp beauty blender, and come on, that supposedly makes all applications fool-proof. NOT THIS ONE. No matter how hard I tried to blend this, it still looked like I caked on heaps of product and it emphasized all my pores and hyperpigmentation to boot. I wish I was kidding, but I tried blending it for a solid 30 minutes before giving up. None of my drugstore foundations have been this HORRIBLE and I've had my fair share of grey casts, mask-like full coverages, emphasizing previously non-existent fine lines, YOU NAME IT. This is the first of its kind. Let's not even touch on the ridiculous price tag. Save your money and buy a L'Oreal one. Needless to say, I tossed the rest of the sample away... I'm truly horrified.