L'Oreal Infallible - Iced Latte 888

L'Oreal Infallible - Iced Latte 888

4.6

on 9/18/2017 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

First off, I'll just say that I am not much of an eyeshadow person anymore, now that I'm older (age 44), and have not-so-gracefully achieved more "hooded" eyelids.

That being said, I absolutely ***LOVE*** this L'Oreal eyeshadow! Don't let the name "Iced Latte" mislead you, it is a very light champagne-like hue. The light color makes this shadow soooo versatile! I apply it to my eyelids with a clean fingertip, which lays down just enough product to give me a beautiful "awake" shimmer. Unlike some others have stated, I do not find this product to be chunky or glittery. In fact, I seem to achieve a glossy eyelid look, just like I've always been seeking! (I suspect that the semi-loose nature of the shadow is the reason some wearers find it to appear too chunky or glittery, if applied with a shadow brush.)

One of the most surprising aspects is that this eyeshadow STAYS PUT, despite my oily eyelids...that has truly never happened for me. Normally, I would use the Urban Decay Primer Potion to keep my eyeshadow from being dissolved by my eyelids, but this eyeshadow stays on my naked eyelids!

As for versatility, because my complexion is milky-pale, this eyeshadow actually works as a lovely highlighter on my cheekbones, at the temples, Cupid's bow, and down the bridge of my nose. Seriously, I love this look more than the NARS Multiple in Copa Cabana, which I found to be kinda dark and muddy-looking. It's as beautiful or more so than the It Cosmetics cream or powder highlighters.

For under $5 on Amazon, this is a must-have product for me. I plan on buying another one or two to have as backup, because it seems that any products I love are quickly discontinued after I discover them.

on 4/12/2017 2:02:00 PM

I said I would repurchase but i'm not sure I would ever need to. I've had this for 2 years if not longer and have barely used any of it. It's so pigmented. I don't usually use it on my lid, it is kind of chunky and the last time I did wear it on the lid, there was fall out on my liner/lashes. I wouldn't be opposed to trying again, though with a new technique. Maybe only dabbing a tiny bit on my brush or spraying my brush first. I've also seen somewhere that this was used as a highlight. I think I did this, also, but didn't like it because it was chunky but again, I would probably try it again with a different technique. I think before I just applied it to my cheekbones with my finger, didn't really blend or anything. My favorite way to use this is with a tiny brush, and a tiny bit packed in the inner corner. I't such a bright, beautiful champagne with a hint of maybe silver and it looks so beautiful and more intense/brightening than a shimmery white. Although, I do use white sometimes instead. With a name with "latte" you would expect more brown or taupe but it's a champagne color. It's not anything I wear to work but usually with going out makeup or if I'm doing something during the day and have a full face, i'll usually use this. I was looking it up online to check the price and it was not available on ulta.com anymorw which made me a little nervous these are being discontinued. I paid no more than $10 for this, which seems like a lot for drugstore but it lasts forever because you don't need to use a lot. I want to try other colors and probably will eventually. But if I find out these are discontinued, I will buy all the colors I want to try plus an iced latte back up. Doesn't fade, either. When I go to take it off it looks freshly applied.

on 7/5/2016 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Stays put all day! Doesn't crease!

This eyeshadow is AMAZING. I was so impressed especially since it's a drugstore brand. Iced Latte is also a great dupe for Sin by Urban Decay. I may even like it better, and Sin is my holy grail. I wore it for 6+ hours last night, in humidity, rain, etc. and it still looked awesome when I got home.

on 4/10/2017 10:51:00 PM

I'm pretty late jumping on the Infallible Eyeshadow bandwagon...but that's because when I first tried these years ago I had no idea how to use them. I was not aware the first time around that these were loose pigments, because with the stopper they're packed so tightly I thought it was just regular eyeshadow that had gone crumbly-haha-and I was horrified when I took my brush to them and it picked up so much product and applied so clumpy and patchy with so much fallout which proceeded to stain my skin and get glitter everywhere. Honestly, I thought it was the worst eyeshadow I had ever used in my entire life. I then tried to apply with one of those crappy foam spongy applicators and all it did was hold onto all the product and apply to my lids in clumpy streaks. Left it to die in my makeup stash until the day that I trashed it without a parting glance.
FYI makeup newbies and novices: Just apply these with your fingers!
I have four of these now...Iced Latte, Amber Rush, Always Pearly Pink, and Eternal Sunshine. The infamous cult fave Amber Rush is a little too dark/orangey for me and makes me look sick-although it IS a beautiful shade. This particular shade, although I have worn it as an all over lid shade, is pretty uneventful on it's own. On me it shows as a sparkly almost pure white and somewhat subtle...and I was hoping it would be more champagne/beige as it looks in the pot. I see the ice, but where's the latte? I'm sure it looks slightly different on different skintones, and I'm sure it makes a difference if you wear primer or not-I don't.
IMO this works better as a highlight for the eyes, or as a base or topper paired with another shade...I like it paired with Pearly Pink. Pow!
The greatest part of these Infallible Shadows, of course, is the longevity. Seemingly endless wear. Still looks exactly the same at the end of my day as when first applied. And I have two of the oiliest lids to ever attempt to wear eyeshadow sans primer. My creases like to eat shadow, or create a nice greasy clump of shadow sludge on occasion. This eyeshadow DOES NOT BUDGE. It does not crease. It does not fade. It does not end up under/around my eyes or get all up in my eyes blinding me by sticking to my contacts. Amazing.
But you have to love shimmer to love this. I docked a lippy for not quite being the champagne shade it appears to be. Still a beautiful shade though

This is SUCH an amazing eye shadow, absolutely beautiful. I use this EVERY single day no lie. Today was the first time I did full makeup without it and I feel naked. I use this as a highlight, inner corner, cheek bones, nose. everything. I am very pale and cool toned and was worried this would show up too dark or orange on me as it looked slightly bronze. On me it seems like a champagne/slight bronze/silver color that has a sheen and no big sparkles. This little baby makes me GLOW. I usually just use my finger and blend it in. I wore this in Punta Cana where It was disgustingly hot and THIS was the only makeup left on my face. It held up in the pool, just not the ocean. I will buy this forever, I swear.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this for my xmas and new years eve makeup. Along with glistening garnet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE.
Iced latte is a beautiful champagney silver color. It looks so lovely in the inner tear duct and corner. I'm sure it will be beautiful as an all over too I just haven't tried that yet.
The packaging is nice. I like that is comes with an extra lid to keep is sealed tight. Yes it can be a nuisance but it's just. The price for the amount of product is absolutely amazing. And the quality and pigmentation is definitely something to talk about. One of the drugstore gems out there.
I've found that it is best applied with your finger. Makeup brushes do not apply it well, a synthetic one didn't even work all that great. I used this with UD primer in original, and the second time with UD'S sin. It worked better with original. Sin kind of clumped it up on me. Not terribly but enough for me to think I will keep using the original when I use this.
I highly recommend these and am excited to try others. I just wish they would bring back some discontinued ones that I'll never get to try. Like golden mahogany..😧

Such a great dupe for Stila Kitten! Being pale, a good highlight shade can be difficult to find. I use this as a nice highlighter on my upper brow bone and in my inner corner, or on top of a darker shade on the lid, or even just alone on the lid when I'm in a rush. I always get compliments when I wear it, and it stays all day. The formula goes on smoothly with finger or brush. When I hit pan, I'll be repurchasing without a doubt.

on 1/20/2016 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful product! I like to use this specific color in the corner of my eyes and a tiny bit under my brows. It goes on smoothly and lasts all day. This is a great product for a great price!

on 3/15/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my go to eyeshadow it stays all day long with no primer and it is a great base color of you want to wear something else this will act as a primer and a base color. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT I have been using it religiously for the past 5 years and it is my absolute favorite I wear it EVERY SINGLE DAY.