By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation
Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

4.4

AQUA/ WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, GLYCERIN, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRISODIUM CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, CITRONELLOL, COUMARIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CYCLOTETRASILOXANE, BORON NITRIDE, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TALC, LAUROYL LYSINE, SILICA, PALMITIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA (DATE) SEED EXTRACT, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS, PROLINAMIDOETHYL IMIDAZOLE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BORON OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, +/- [CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES].

on 5/25/2018 5:55:00 PM

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me. I break out every time I use it. The finish is quite nice, very natural and sheer, light coverage. The fragrance is quite strong at first but once you get used to it, it doesn't bother much.

This is skin in a tube. Period. It applies beautifully. It's like a whipped cream texture that completely and seamlessly blends into my skin. I have it in the lightest shade 1 and it matches me perfectly (I have very light skin). The smell is a bit too strong at first but it dissipates after some time. It stays on nicely. I apply in the morning and don't have to think about it the whole day. I just love the packaging: tubes are very convenient. Nothing leaks from it and I can cut it open to get every last bit out. It is expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

on 4/12/2016 4:30:00 PM

I bought this once and used the whole tube but was looking forward to it running out and going back to my usual Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (shade B10, which is perhaps slightly pale for me). I had this in no. 3 Cream Beige and for some reason the first time I had it, I wasn't so keen. It was lighter coverage than I'd hoped, and I found it made me too shiny, rather than dewy, and definitely not velvety/powdery as other reviewers have commented. The colour match was great, however, and it feels lovely on the face, not heavy at all and kind of smooth?

ANYWAY, for some reason I was still searching for my perfect foundation (even though there was nothing really wrong with Chanel one) and a year later I decided to try this one again - whenever I looked at photos from the time I was using this my skin looked great. The first time round, it was the moisturiser (Embyrollisse) I was using was that was contributing to the shine I wasn't keen on, and I had the wrong shade of concealer at the time also. (Moved from NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer from Chantilly (too white/ashy) to Vanilla).

Basically, with a bit of good concealer and good moisturiser this really is a beautiful foundation. I really want to try it with a blurring/longevity improving primer too (thinking of the YSL one) as I think it could look literally flawless. Saying that, one of the best things about this foundation is the way it sort of melts off/into the skin-- it doesnt separate or group or oxidise, it elegantly fades!

I think it is kind of comparable to Charlotte Tilbury's Light Wonder, but this is less full on shiny, wears for longer, and has slightly more coverage -- to me a slightly more refined version.

TL; DR: This is a beautiful foundation, I would describe the finish as satin-y/ dewy, with a light to medium coverage. Also, I really have not noticed the smell other reviewers have mentioned!

on 9/23/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most amazing foundation known to man lol. This is truly invisible, it's AMAZING. I use shade 3 and it blends in to be a perfect match. It's very light and seems concentrated in some way, so a tiny tiny bit goes a very long way. Yes, it's expensive as hell, but because it's perfection who can argue about price?

The only downfall? I wish they had packaged this in a different type of tube or even a bottle. Also, like all by Terry face products, the smell. Ewww. But it dissipates quickly so I can live with it to have absolutely perfect skin. I will repurchase this forever. Holy Grail.

This is fluid, lightweight foundation provides a beautiful finish - it made my skin look smoother and more healthy (but without shimmer or an oily "dewy" look). It provides light coverage, closer to a tinted moisturizer in my opinion, but can be built up to be almost medium coverage. The scent, however, is so strong, as the other reviewers noted, that I could not put this on my face on a daily basis. I'm glad I tried a sample because I would not want to purchase this.

on 10/22/2012 11:38:00 AM

This is the best foundation Ive ever used. In recent years I had switched to TM as I found all foundations, even the lightest formulations, to look obvious and mask like on my skin. Sheer Expert is different. The texture is incredibly light and gives a very natural no-makeup appearance while creating an air-brushed effect and giving a bit more coverage than a TM. I was previously a fan of By Terrys Light Expert (not really a foundation but a complexion enhancer) which has a similarly lightweight texture but comes in an odd range of colours: no. 1 is very pink, no. 2 is very peach, the rest are far too dark for me. Sheer expert comes in the more usual flesh toned shades. However, unlike other reviewers, I have had problems finding a colour that matches my medium fair, cool toned skin. As others have noted, shades 1, 2 and 3 are very pale. The SA insisted I choose no. 4 which I felt was darker and warmer than I am used to using she said that 1, 2 and 3 would be far too light for me. However, I have now bought no. 2 (neutral beige). It does, indeed, appear pale against my skin, but it blends in perfectly. Ive been using it for a few weeks now and its definitely better than the no. 4 on me. In fact, neither colour really matches my skin, though both work in different ways. The SA clearly thought I needed warming up, but I prefer a fairer look.
This foundation dries fairly matte - I have quite oily skin but I dont need to use powder with it. Excellent product.

on 6/8/2012 7:36:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have found to date. The colour match is perfect.

I was using By Terry Light Expert, however the colours were to pink for my liking. My skin was also a tad dry when using this product. The Sheer foundation is in a league of its own. I apply using a foundation brush. It doesn't look like I'm wearing anything - just my skin but more perfect - exactly how a foundation should look! I finish with Bobbi Brown concealer under my eyes and a touch of powder. Voila!

I may have found my HG!

on 5/3/2012 4:10:00 AM

I am a foundation junkie...tried almost everything on the market....been very happy with a few.... until I found this...
I am N25 in Mac. 44yrs old with good skin and few wrinkles. I am on the oily side, with slightly sensitive skin.
I purchased two of these foundations. One in number 3 and one in number 4.
Ladies, this is youth in a tube....amazing stuff. I was happy with a few foundations I have...GA luminous silk is probably my favourite foundations until NOW. If you want flawless skin, no heavy feel, no obvious foundation look, colour that becomes one with your skin, then please try this. If you want fine lines to just disappear around your eyes and mouth, just try this. If you want to glow like a 6 year old but not shine, please try this. Out of number 3 and 4 I probably will wear the number 3 the most but number 4 melts into my skin as well. I am happy with both colours.
will I throw out my other foundations that I have spent $$$$$ on? Probably. I won't wear them now. They will sit there and take up room in my draw which I could do with. There is no going back to other foundations once you have tried this. Where have you been all my life Sheer Expert??? I love you and will never leave you. Please don't ever de discontinued.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I have been waiting for someone else to review this product as I haven't done enough reviews myself to add a new product - so thank you to "Mgfer" for adding hers. I agree with everything - this is by far the best foundation I have ever tried, even more so than my beloved Sisley, incredibly natural and made my skin look flawless without heavy coverage. I wore it all last weekend, seeing friends in London on Saturday and Sunday, and all of them commented on how amazing my skin looked. It stayed on all day, feels amazingly soft and didn't settle into any of the fine lines around my 46 year old eyes. It wore for 7 hours and matched my skin perfectly (I am shade 3). This is expensive at 44 - but worth every penny. Only one drawback, it leaks ... well, not leaks ... but when you take off the cap, a lot has gathered around it and you don't want to waste any. I will buy, buy, buy again.