By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation
Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

4.2

AQUA/ WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, GLYCERIN, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRISODIUM CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, CITRONELLOL, COUMARIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CYCLOTETRASILOXANE, BORON NITRIDE, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TALC, LAUROYL LYSINE, SILICA, PALMITIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA (DATE) SEED EXTRACT, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS, PROLINAMIDOETHYL IMIDAZOLE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BORON OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, +/- [CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES].

on 9/8/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite foundation of all time - the finish is second to none. It gives the most perfect, natural, healthy, "lit from within" glow to the skin. There are absolutely zero visible particles, but it still makes you look healthy, blurred and even. It is the most realistic "real skin" foundation I've ever come across (and I've tried many). I wouldn't recommend it for oily types - it shows it's true potential on normal to slightly dry skin, but can be tweaked for combination to dry with proper skin preparation. It looks best on the skin that doesn't have many textural imperfections. It won't cover raised blemishes on its own, but it's amazing at covering redness, discoloration and other imperfections which are at the skin surface level. I absolutely adore it. If you have relatively good/normal/slightly dry skin, and you're looking for a light, natural, skin-like foundation that will cover your redness and make your skin look like a million dollars, look no further.

on 4/28/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I am so darn old that I no longer not want to look as if I have flawless skin. Imperfections, some wrinkles and some sun spots are what I have earned, I do not want coverage that leaves me old-glamorous and perfect, but I do look for an undetectable foundation that has improved me to some degree.Older women who look untouched by time always seem to me to be advertising their make-up. You know the look.

By Terry's Sheer Expert is a recent discovery that I hestitated over, as it is expensive, and the name made me wonder if it was going to do anything at all. It does, believe me. It produces, for me, exactly what I was looking for, that famous no-make-up foundation look that evens skin tone, covers blotches, does not settle in wrinkles, and is neither mat nor dewy. It also lasts, giving you sheer/medium coverage that does not change, at least on my dry skin. I also am a fan of Chantecaille Future Skin, but this gem is in a tube, portable, buildable, wonderful. I recommend it highly; it is pricey but worth it.

on 9/15/2014 5:50:00 PM

Lovely sheer coverage and light moisture. I purchased this in #5 peach beige which is a great match for my skin. Unfortunately, I can't get past the strong smell that By Terry uses in all their products and will have to return it.

on 3/15/2014 10:06:00 AM

I wanted to love this foundation so much. One good thing is that the colour match is great, which can be difficult to find for my very pale, pinkish toned skin. However, I feel like it doesn't spread on my skin very easily, and can look very patchy pretty easily. I also feel like it just sits on top of it, and turns sort of dry and powdery rather quickly, so my skin feels tight and uncomfortable. The Cover Expert might be better, maybe looks less patchy due to more coverage, but they are expensive so I'm not willing to experiment and find out!

on 3/13/2013 10:15:00 AM

Everyone should buy this. Yes, seriously. Everyone. This is the most beautiful foundation I have ever worn. In fact, it is the foundation that I dreamed existed somewhere out in the universe, but until I found this one, never did. I have ruddy, super-pale, sensitive and dry skin. I also have very large pores on my cheeks. Because of this combo, I can never find foundation that doesn't cake up on me, look too matte, or just sit on top of my skin like, well, makeup. The closest things I have ever found to this kind of finish are BB creams or tinted moisturizers. But, those can be greasy or emphasize the imperfections they aim to blur. This stuff is magical. It has a lot of slip between your fingers, kind of like the Armani Maestro foundation. But, it spreads beautifully and leaves you with this GLOW. You can see my real skin through this, but an evened-out, dewy version of my skin. This stuff is really expensive, but I will buy it until they stop making it. This, plus a little Touche Elcat and Nars Orgasm Blush, and I look like I just woke up, no matter what time of day it is. Recommend!

I want to love this product but when I put it on it separates and dries unevenly so it looks odd-it leaves a pwderly residue in some spots and a glowy finish (which i want) on others-it just looks like I have been unevenly sprayed.What am I doing wrong? i put it on with a By terry blush over lightly moisterised skin.

on 2/4/2013 12:43:00 AM

This foundation is absolutely magical. I am pretty sure I have never seen a foundation finish both this beautiful and this natural. It looks like supple, dewy, glowing, moisturized *skin* rather than anything remotely resembling "makeup."

If you look at this product very closely, the pigments are so micro-tiny and reflect enough light that they are very close to literally invisible. You can look at this on the face from one inch away and I swear you will not see any sign of foundation whatsoever. When I first saw an HD close-up photo of someone wearing this on a blog, I was absolutely stunned by how you could see her pores more than you could see her foundation (and it wasn't because the foundation was making her pores worse!)

This has a strong scent which I really love...it's luxurious in a very old-school and feminine way. The product applies beautifully with fingers. It wears flawlessly for hours and hours and absolutely does not emphasize or "settle in" to lines or pores in any way. Basically, it wears just like a lovely moisturizer.

It is also very hydrating and I'd say a bit on the oily side, though not heavy. Worn over a rich moisturizer, it was way too luminous for me. I'm not sure how appropriate this would be for someone with oily skin; it would certainly need primer and/or powder with it, I think. On my skin, which is normal to dry, I find it is best worn over a very light moisturizer or sunscreen and not much else. However, I'm sure it would be fine over thicker lotions as long as one powdered it. (Even over the thick lotions and without powder, it doesn't slip off.)

#2 is a beautiful match for my skin which is quite fair and pinky/cool. I would say #2 is a true neutral. I can also wear #3, which is similar but distinctly more warm/yellow. Unlike most yellow-based colors, however, it looks good on my skin and adds warmth in all the right ways. From what I have seen of the colors, they are really excellent, at least in the light/fair range which is what I've tried. None of the colors oxidize or get darker/orangey with wear; they stay very true and beautiful, and simply blend even *more* flawlessly with your skin over time.

Other foundations that I love are Nars Sheer Glow, Urban Decay Naked Skin, Ellis Faas Skin Veil, and Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect...however, I'm going to go ahead and say that this is the best I've ever tried, and definitely the best in the dewy-finish category. (UD Naked Skin is very close to as good, but in the demi-matte category, and a lot cheaper, so get that if you want those things.) This is wildly expensive for a very small amount, but you really get what you pay for. If you're looking for a foundation that is imperceptible--and yet really makes flawed skin look utterly lovely, young, and perfected--you couldn't do better.

on 1/6/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I took my time writing about this product. In the meantime, I tried GA luminous silk and Le Metier. Those didn't compare to the quailty of by Terry sheer expert cover. I'm a no.4 rosy beige. I'm so ridiculously tired of SA's trying to put me in YELLOW tone foundations. I am peaches and cream and this is a perfect match. It leaves my skin creamy looking and flawless. No balling up, No oxidizing, and No blotting needed when I'm using this incredible foundation. I am a foundation junkie, but since my last trail with Le Metier and GA I am done searching. Sisley is a very close second!

on 3/16/2012 11:00:00 AM

Wow. By Terry Sheer Expert delivers as promised and more. The finish is absolutely gorgeous and totally natural. It only takes a small amount of the product, so the tube will last a long time. Makes you look like you have great skin, not good make up. For more coverage, the Cover Expert is equally fab. I couldn't decide, so I had to get both! Definitley HGs. Call Alex at the Barney's on Madison Avenue By Terry counter for a perfect color match.