By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation
Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

1 review

AQUA/ WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, GLYCERIN, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRISODIUM CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, CITRONELLOL, COUMARIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CYCLOTETRASILOXANE, BORON NITRIDE, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TALC, LAUROYL LYSINE, SILICA, PALMITIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA (DATE) SEED EXTRACT, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS, PROLINAMIDOETHYL IMIDAZOLE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BORON OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, +/- [CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES].

on 2/1/2013 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to add to the rave reviews of this. I have dry, sensitive skin and was worried that the fact that this product is said to dry to a matte finish meant that it would emphasise my dry patches. Well, it really didn't! In fact it smoothed them over better than any 'dewy' foundation I've ever used (LM TM, Chanel Vitalumiere, Chantecaille Just Skin to name a few). It is a matte finish but it is also glowy - I'm not sure how it does it but the finish is just gorgeous. I've heard reviewers talk about wanting to find a foundation that looks 'lit from within' - this does it! The coverage is not heavy, as the name suggests, but it does offer more coverage than the Laura Mercier TM (with a less sticky finish). It covers my scars but for spots I have to use a concealer (which is what I was expecting really). The lasting power is also great, although bear in mind I have dry skin.
Shade-wise I was really torn between 3 and 7, both of which have yellow undertones. I am about an NC20, and Vanilla Beige (7) worked great for me. 3 (cream beige) was possibly more like my actual skin tone but as the coverage is so sheer and natural you can definitely go up a shade if you want a slightly more tanned finish, with no fear of tide marks (7 is probably more NC20-25, whereas 3 is NC/NW15-20 I would say).
The only criticism I would give is that it is quite strongly scented. My skin didn't react to it but others' might.
Hope this is helpful!

I have now been using this for about two months...and I love it, if possible, even more than before. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, goes on like this -it's like smoothing liquid velvet onto your face, or the fluffiest souffle in existence. And it is literally impossible to see on your face while offering good coverage. How does it do this?!
Out of boredom yesterday I tried on my old Laura Mercier TM and my YSL Teint Touche Eclat. The Laura Mercier felt so sticky and went shiny in minutes, while the YSL sank into my pores and looked a little glittery, rather than glowy. By Terry is my HG. I use it in the daytime - it lasts forever, is glowy but not shiny, and covers small spots - and at night, layered up a bit to give a more polished effect. I have never, ever found a foundation like this! HG.