By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

By Terry Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation
Sheer Expert Perfecting Fluid Foundation

4.3

AQUA/ WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, GLYCERIN, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRISODIUM CITRATE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, EUGENOL, CITRONELLOL, COUMARIN, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CYCLOTETRASILOXANE, BORON NITRIDE, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, TALC, LAUROYL LYSINE, SILICA, PALMITIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA (DATE) SEED EXTRACT, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS (RAPESEED) STEROLS, PROLINAMIDOETHYL IMIDAZOLE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, BORON OXIDE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, +/- [CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES].

This is skin in a tube. Period. It applies beautifully. It's like a whipped cream texture that completely and seamlessly blends into my skin. I have it in the lightest shade 1 and it matches me perfectly (I have very light skin). The smell is a bit too strong at first but it dissipates after some time. It stays on nicely. I apply in the morning and don't have to think about it the whole day. I just love the packaging: tubes are very convenient. Nothing leaks from it and I can cut it open to get every last bit out. It is expensive but totally worth it in my opinion.

on 9/8/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite foundation of all time - the finish is second to none. It gives the most perfect, natural, healthy, "lit from within" glow to the skin. There are absolutely zero visible particles, but it still makes you look healthy, blurred and even. It is the most realistic "real skin" foundation I've ever come across (and I've tried many). I wouldn't recommend it for oily types - it shows it's true potential on normal to slightly dry skin, but can be tweaked for combination to dry with proper skin preparation. It looks best on the skin that doesn't have many textural imperfections. It won't cover raised blemishes on its own, but it's amazing at covering redness, discoloration and other imperfections which are at the skin surface level. I absolutely adore it. If you have relatively good/normal/slightly dry skin, and you're looking for a light, natural, skin-like foundation that will cover your redness and make your skin look like a million dollars, look no further.

on 4/28/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I am so darn old that I no longer not want to look as if I have flawless skin. Imperfections, some wrinkles and some sun spots are what I have earned, I do not want coverage that leaves me old-glamorous and perfect, but I do look for an undetectable foundation that has improved me to some degree.Older women who look untouched by time always seem to me to be advertising their make-up. You know the look.

By Terry's Sheer Expert is a recent discovery that I hestitated over, as it is expensive, and the name made me wonder if it was going to do anything at all. It does, believe me. It produces, for me, exactly what I was looking for, that famous no-make-up foundation look that evens skin tone, covers blotches, does not settle in wrinkles, and is neither mat nor dewy. It also lasts, giving you sheer/medium coverage that does not change, at least on my dry skin. I also am a fan of Chantecaille Future Skin, but this gem is in a tube, portable, buildable, wonderful. I recommend it highly; it is pricey but worth it.

on 9/23/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most amazing foundation known to man lol. This is truly invisible, it's AMAZING. I use shade 3 and it blends in to be a perfect match. It's very light and seems concentrated in some way, so a tiny tiny bit goes a very long way. Yes, it's expensive as hell, but because it's perfection who can argue about price?

The only downfall? I wish they had packaged this in a different type of tube or even a bottle. Also, like all by Terry face products, the smell. Ewww. But it dissipates quickly so I can live with it to have absolutely perfect skin. I will repurchase this forever. Holy Grail.

on 10/19/2013 10:22:00 AM

Wow - this was a nice surprise! The sample I had was lying around for a few weeks, because I thought it would anyway be too sheer for me and my ruddy skin. But hey, I have to say - it evens out my uneven, reddish skin perfectly fine, and it looked very natural. I also liked the consistency - a bit gel-like, very moisturizing and luxurious on the skin. It might feel a bit too moisturizing in summer, but it would be a great pampering foundation for all other seasons. Shade no. 8 was the perfect match for me too, so I already miss it a bit, now that my sample is used up. That doesn´t happen too often! Now I would be really curious to try other products (and of course the Cover Expert foundation) by this brand, and I´m thinking about purchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation - this is becoming the foundation that I reach out more for and that's because of the amazing result you see throughout the day. It looked like my skin but better, meaning it look very natural without a full makeup look. Lasted pretty well throughout the day, it gives you a natural glow (not the oily kinda glow) and I usually just need to blot once after 5 hours or so and it can last me until I get home from work. Coverage is buildable (yes it still look very natural even after you build it), and it has a wonderful scent. There's a minor down side to it which makes me take 1 lippie of price & packaging.This is quite pricey to me and I got it when there was a promo. I probably won't repurchase it at full price but that doesn't mean I don't love it (I'm already looking out for deals), I just got plenty of base product to use. And be careful about the packaging - the lid was designed poorly so it doesn't stop the foundation from coming out. If I put the lid at the bottom, the next time I open the tube I'll find a good amount of product leaked into the lid. I hope they would fix this problem with the newer batches.

on 8/25/2013 10:56:00 PM

This is AMAZING. Holy Grail, and I only have one foundation!
Truth be told, this is my first and probably only foundation. I did too much research and have never worn any foundation but this one. I dislike the feeling of "stuff" on my skin, but this just feels and looks like MY SKIN! It's that simple!

Looks great, lasts all day, hides imperfections without looking like a mask. Wonderful. Slight rose scent for about 30 minutes, but that fades away. Generally perfect.

Worth the price. Buy it, and be amazed.

Am working up the courage to try a "REAL" foundation in By Terry's Cover Expert. I am NC 20-35 I think and am wearing a shade #8. Perfect match.

on 3/13/2013 10:15:00 AM

Everyone should buy this. Yes, seriously. Everyone. This is the most beautiful foundation I have ever worn. In fact, it is the foundation that I dreamed existed somewhere out in the universe, but until I found this one, never did. I have ruddy, super-pale, sensitive and dry skin. I also have very large pores on my cheeks. Because of this combo, I can never find foundation that doesn't cake up on me, look too matte, or just sit on top of my skin like, well, makeup. The closest things I have ever found to this kind of finish are BB creams or tinted moisturizers. But, those can be greasy or emphasize the imperfections they aim to blur. This stuff is magical. It has a lot of slip between your fingers, kind of like the Armani Maestro foundation. But, it spreads beautifully and leaves you with this GLOW. You can see my real skin through this, but an evened-out, dewy version of my skin. This stuff is really expensive, but I will buy it until they stop making it. This, plus a little Touche Elcat and Nars Orgasm Blush, and I look like I just woke up, no matter what time of day it is. Recommend!

on 2/4/2013 12:43:00 AM

This foundation is absolutely magical. I am pretty sure I have never seen a foundation finish both this beautiful and this natural. It looks like supple, dewy, glowing, moisturized *skin* rather than anything remotely resembling "makeup."

If you look at this product very closely, the pigments are so micro-tiny and reflect enough light that they are very close to literally invisible. You can look at this on the face from one inch away and I swear you will not see any sign of foundation whatsoever. When I first saw an HD close-up photo of someone wearing this on a blog, I was absolutely stunned by how you could see her pores more than you could see her foundation (and it wasn't because the foundation was making her pores worse!)

This has a strong scent which I really love...it's luxurious in a very old-school and feminine way. The product applies beautifully with fingers. It wears flawlessly for hours and hours and absolutely does not emphasize or "settle in" to lines or pores in any way. Basically, it wears just like a lovely moisturizer.

It is also very hydrating and I'd say a bit on the oily side, though not heavy. Worn over a rich moisturizer, it was way too luminous for me. I'm not sure how appropriate this would be for someone with oily skin; it would certainly need primer and/or powder with it, I think. On my skin, which is normal to dry, I find it is best worn over a very light moisturizer or sunscreen and not much else. However, I'm sure it would be fine over thicker lotions as long as one powdered it. (Even over the thick lotions and without powder, it doesn't slip off.)

#2 is a beautiful match for my skin which is quite fair and pinky/cool. I would say #2 is a true neutral. I can also wear #3, which is similar but distinctly more warm/yellow. Unlike most yellow-based colors, however, it looks good on my skin and adds warmth in all the right ways. From what I have seen of the colors, they are really excellent, at least in the light/fair range which is what I've tried. None of the colors oxidize or get darker/orangey with wear; they stay very true and beautiful, and simply blend even *more* flawlessly with your skin over time.

Other foundations that I love are Nars Sheer Glow, Urban Decay Naked Skin, Ellis Faas Skin Veil, and Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect...however, I'm going to go ahead and say that this is the best I've ever tried, and definitely the best in the dewy-finish category. (UD Naked Skin is very close to as good, but in the demi-matte category, and a lot cheaper, so get that if you want those things.) This is wildly expensive for a very small amount, but you really get what you pay for. If you're looking for a foundation that is imperceptible--and yet really makes flawed skin look utterly lovely, young, and perfected--you couldn't do better.

on 2/1/2013 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have to add to the rave reviews of this. I have dry, sensitive skin and was worried that the fact that this product is said to dry to a matte finish meant that it would emphasise my dry patches. Well, it really didn't! In fact it smoothed them over better than any 'dewy' foundation I've ever used (LM TM, Chanel Vitalumiere, Chantecaille Just Skin to name a few). It is a matte finish but it is also glowy - I'm not sure how it does it but the finish is just gorgeous. I've heard reviewers talk about wanting to find a foundation that looks 'lit from within' - this does it! The coverage is not heavy, as the name suggests, but it does offer more coverage than the Laura Mercier TM (with a less sticky finish). It covers my scars but for spots I have to use a concealer (which is what I was expecting really). The lasting power is also great, although bear in mind I have dry skin.
Shade-wise I was really torn between 3 and 7, both of which have yellow undertones. I am about an NC20, and Vanilla Beige (7) worked great for me. 3 (cream beige) was possibly more like my actual skin tone but as the coverage is so sheer and natural you can definitely go up a shade if you want a slightly more tanned finish, with no fear of tide marks (7 is probably more NC20-25, whereas 3 is NC/NW15-20 I would say).
The only criticism I would give is that it is quite strongly scented. My skin didn't react to it but others' might.
Hope this is helpful!

I have now been using this for about two months...and I love it, if possible, even more than before. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING, goes on like this -it's like smoothing liquid velvet onto your face, or the fluffiest souffle in existence. And it is literally impossible to see on your face while offering good coverage. How does it do this?!
Out of boredom yesterday I tried on my old Laura Mercier TM and my YSL Teint Touche Eclat. The Laura Mercier felt so sticky and went shiny in minutes, while the YSL sank into my pores and looked a little glittery, rather than glowy. By Terry is my HG. I use it in the daytime - it lasts forever, is glowy but not shiny, and covers small spots - and at night, layered up a bit to give a more polished effect. I have never, ever found a foundation like this! HG.