Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

4.3

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

OMG this what's the hands down best face makeup that ever existed! It was the ONLY thing that my husband wanted me to wear. WHY was it discontinued?!!!! I'm so upset, nothing else makes me look even half as good! Anyone know where to get them or have one please let me know! I use shade Vanilla glow

I was reluctant to get on the BB cream bandwagon, but with the summertime heat I was getting tired of my thick foundations. I figured this was worth a try.

First of, the shade range isn't the best. The tones are very yellow. But since it's a bb cream and not a full coverage foundation, you can get away with it not matching perfectly. This one is close enough on me.

I apply this with my flat topped kabuki brush. It's super easy to blend this stuff out and it's buildable without being cakey. I would say it's light to medium coverage. This stuff feels like it's moisturizing my face, which I love. However, it's not the best at controlling oil and the finish can look a little greasy, so I always dust a finishing powder over the top.

I can get a ggod 6 hours of wear out of this before it starts to separate and rub off on my oily areas. For a bb cream, that's really not too bad. I like the fact that there's SPF too. The one thing I really dislike is the sparkles. They aren't super noticeable, but the finish is already shiny and the sparkles just add to it. It's not a total dealbreaker though.

I do love the packaging and the fact that you get 1.5oz of product instead of the standard 1oz. If you think of the amount you're getting, the price doesn't seem so steep. To me it was worth it.

This is definitely a product that I love to use. I feel like it does nice things for my skin. I only took a lippy off because of the sparkles, poor oil control, and strange shade selection. Otherwise I love everything about this and it's super easy to throw it on and go.

on 6/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has a lot going for it, which is why I purchased it at Ulta a few months ago.

PROS:

Tube packaging is my favorite for portability.

The SPF 20 sunscreen is mineral based (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) making it ideal for sensitive skin.

It contains antioxidants to further benefit the skin.

1.5 ounces for $34 would make this around $22 if they sold it by the ounce. Most foundations come in 1 ounce bottles and I think it's worth mentioning that this is a larger size in case price is a factor in your decision.

CONS:

The color range should be expanded. Snow Glow was too pale for me but Vanilla Glow is slightly too yellow - so it looks too dark. What I really need is a shade in between the two that does not exist.

My skin is too oily for it now that it's summer. It's just shiny and can't stand up to the heat. I can't use a tinted moisturizer right now. I'm trying to look less oily and sweaty and should be using something with a matte finish. This is really more of a winter beauty item for me.

on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

I like to wear foundation if I am going out (mac studio fix) but for a more natural look I like a tinted moisturiser. My job is quite masculine so I dont like to look heavily made up but at the same time I need my make up to last 12 hour shifts! My skin is around nc20 and weird: it gets oily at the slightest thing but if I use products designed for oily skin its gets super dry and tight, and I am prone to occasional bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line. I finally seem to have found the skin care products and foundation that work so my last item on the list was tinted moisturiser/bb cream.
I have tried allsorts: nars (lovely but not available near me and I hate ordering on line), laura mercier (lasted approximately 5 seconds on me before it became an oil slick, plus shades not yellow enough for my liking), bobbi brown (felt like I was coating my face in liquid plastic), benefit (may as well have been putting lard on my face) and garnier (in a word: awful). I had heard good things about this online and on paulas choice so I decided to pick it up whilst in boots.
Vanilla glow seemed the best match for me, I always go slightly lighter as I can darken with benefits hoola when Im more tan. It looks lovely when it goes on, ideal match colour wise, nice glow to it as well. Its one of those products you can just slap on quickly and it looks great. I dont use moisturiser before it as it would be too much for my skin, but this product alone feels moisturising enough for me. I set with soap and glory blotting powder, some bronzer, mascara and Im done!
Its lasts around 6/7 hours before it starts to rub off in places and I do still get some shine around my nose area that needs blotting but other than that it still looks fairly acceptable at the end of a shift. I think I just need to accept that this will happen no matter what I use!
Overall I would buy this product again unless I hear of something even better!

on 9/26/2013 11:07:00 AM

I give this a 3/5 only because I like the consistency and sheer coverage and it stays nicely all day long. However, the color range is terrible. I am very fair with pink undertones. I tested it while in Ulta and it seemed perfect. Looks great when I apply it in my bathroom and any mirror in my house looks fine. However, after a week of use I happened to glance in my rear view mirror while driving and was mortified. I looked like I was wearing a yellow mask, and I apply it very lightly!

No more, I threw it out and until they can come up with a shade that matches my skin I won't be buying again. The price didn't bother me when I thought it was the perfect shade. :)

UPDATE: There's a lighter shade now if you need it- "Snow Glow." The product itself isn't bad. I bumped it up to a four now that they improved the shade range. I'm still not nuts about it though, just because I desire a matter finish.

I really wanted this to be my new HG, but unfortunately the shade range is abysmal. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade, and yet it is a little too dark and WAY too yellow-based for my cool, fair, pink-based skin. When I sampled this in the store I was worried that it wouldn't match well, but since it blended into the skin so well I thought I could make it work. I gave it a solid week-long trial period, and alas, no matter how little I apply or how I apply it (tried brush and fingers), it just looks wrong, and kind of orange. And then I have to put more on my neck and decolletage to make it match. I exchanged it for Tarte's Smooth Operator in Agent 00, which for $4 more is a much better skin match for me.
There are lots of good things about this product. I like the consistency and sheer coverage. I love the vintage-look packaging, and the hygienic squeeze tube. If you don't put powder on top, it could be hydrating enough to take the place of your day moisturizer. However, I need powder, and once I add some my skin feels dry for a while if I don't use another moisturizer. For the price, I'd kind of like it to totally replace my day lotion.
I give this three lippies because I think it's a good product, it just doesn't work for me. I would not buy Vanilla Glow again, but if they come out with a lighter shade I may give it another shot.
If you have pink-toned skin and you're in doubt about the shade, don't chance it. Skip this one.

on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like the finish this bb gives,though I consider it a TM instead of a bb, so that's what I'll compare it to. It has a thinner, more fluid texture than Tarte or LM TM, my other favorites.I have dry skin, so have used this with a light moisturizer underneath. Even without the moisturizer, it blends in properly. Vanilla Glow is a bit warmer than ideal for me ( about NW 10 -ish ) ,but is so light and translucent that it works as long as I don't use too much. The finish is absolutely beautiful. Not dewy,not shiny, not shimmery, just a glow . I know "lit-from-within" is a MU cliche, but it applies in this case.Staying power is very good; It still looks good after a day at work, though I do need to blot my t-zone after about 5 hours. I don't count on the spf, as, of course, I don't pile on 1/4 tsp of this.However, with it's extremely sheer coverage , I probably could.Don't expect any hiding of flaws with this, just a glowing refinement of your skin's overall appearance. Will repurchase.

on 2/5/2012 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this in Sephora. I was so excited to see a fairly light BB cream. I'm MAC NC 10-15. Being fairly light at the moment, this looks a little like a bronzer when I first put it on. I have used this without my normal face lotion and no primer underneath.
It looks great (and lasts all day!) when I apply my MAC PL concealer, and MAC msfn over. I have also tried using MAC PL foundation over the BB, light dusting of powder on top. It looked flawless and lasted all day. I have somewhat sensitive skin, acne prone, and I have had no issues. I will continue to purchase this! The only drawback for me, is the price. I really don't use more than a pea size amount, so it should last for a while.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Oh my god, this product is AMAZING! A tinted SPF balm that has hydrating properties, acts as a primer, thicker than a moisturizer, lighter than a foundation, with unbelievable coverage that doesn't sheer out.