Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.6

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

OMG this what's the hands down best face makeup that ever existed! It was the ONLY thing that my husband wanted me to wear. WHY was it discontinued?!!!! I'm so upset, nothing else makes me look even half as good! Anyone know where to get them or have one please let me know! I use shade Vanilla glow

I was reluctant to get on the BB cream bandwagon, but with the summertime heat I was getting tired of my thick foundations. I figured this was worth a try.

First of, the shade range isn't the best. The tones are very yellow. But since it's a bb cream and not a full coverage foundation, you can get away with it not matching perfectly. This one is close enough on me.

I apply this with my flat topped kabuki brush. It's super easy to blend this stuff out and it's buildable without being cakey. I would say it's light to medium coverage. This stuff feels like it's moisturizing my face, which I love. However, it's not the best at controlling oil and the finish can look a little greasy, so I always dust a finishing powder over the top.

I can get a ggod 6 hours of wear out of this before it starts to separate and rub off on my oily areas. For a bb cream, that's really not too bad. I like the fact that there's SPF too. The one thing I really dislike is the sparkles. They aren't super noticeable, but the finish is already shiny and the sparkles just add to it. It's not a total dealbreaker though.

I do love the packaging and the fact that you get 1.5oz of product instead of the standard 1oz. If you think of the amount you're getting, the price doesn't seem so steep. To me it was worth it.

This is definitely a product that I love to use. I feel like it does nice things for my skin. I only took a lippy off because of the sparkles, poor oil control, and strange shade selection. Otherwise I love everything about this and it's super easy to throw it on and go.

on 11/5/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nice light coverage, doesn't break me out, adds a healthy glow to the skin and keeps my look fresh all day. Looks even better with a tiny bit of setting powder!(: Plus the packaging is cute too. I use this BB cream + Physicians Formula Super BB Powder on top to set for my everyday medium coverage natural skin look, but for dates with my Boyfriend (who prefers me makeup-free,) a dab of this TF BB Cream on my face and a coat of mascara does the job :) I love this bb cream and recommend it to everyone, if you are looking for a naturally flawless look with light to medium coverage. Xoxo<3

EDIT: decided I don't love this! The slight shimmer in this really emphasizes pores and highlights bumpy skin. Not smoothing.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Really didn't care for this product at all. It's basically a TM, has no coverage at all. It has a heavier feel, almost like foundation, and the finish is too dewy, really shiny, actually, and very sheer. Surprising since this is marketed for oily/combination skin. It didn't make me break out, but it didn't do any of the things other bb creams have done. Taking it back to Sephora, and if you're combination, oily, or acne prone, check out the Boscia bb cream. Much better, for the same price.

on 6/19/2012 6:11:00 PM

I am really middle of the road on this one...The color is nice (usually wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in Sand). Great as a primer but not so great on its own. Makes my face look like an oil slick and i HAVE to put powder on over it...which defeats the purpose of a BB Cream. Garnier's BB cream is 100x better for 1/2 the price!

Pros:
-Works as a foundation primer
-Color match
-SPF that doesnt break me out
-Easy to apply with Beauty Blender Sponge

Cons:
-Lack of coverage (light at best)
-Makes my face look oily/shiny
-Pricy for a tinted moisturizer
-Soaks into skin leaving no coverage after a few hours
-Requires foundation or powder over it - cannot be used alone

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I do have to say that I think this product is NOT for those looking for A. heavy coverage or B. Have lots of break outs or problem skin. You will not get the coverage you are looking for and for those with extremely oily skin, large pores, extreme redness or dryness I am not sure how this product will work for you. I am also not sure how this product works on older skin.

I think this product is best for those with fairly normal skin (mine is slightly oily and this is still great product for me) with no severe skin problems or issues and are just looking for light coverage and something to "enhance the skin."

If that is what you are looking for--this is perfect and an absolutely amazing product! So smooth and natural and the yellowish shade of the "vanilla glow" is perfect for my warm light skin tone--I have SUCH a hard time finding a warm shade that matches my fair but very gold tinted skin tone--so many products are too orange, or too pink and look ridiculous on fair but very warm/yellow/gold skinned toned ladies. (For those with more cool/pinkish skin tones, I am afraid this is not the shade for you--and their whole line looks pretty warm toned--but who knows, ask for a sample at sephora!)

I love the "dewiness" of this product--- but don't worry--when you first apply it actually looks more dewey then when it "sets"--my skin absorbs more of the product about 15 minutes after applying and the result is lovely! Even though my skin is slightly on the oily side I have not found the dewiness too much (that being said I do not apply any moisturizer in the morning as this is a moisturizing product!!) A quick blot or go over with BE or a light powder would do the trick for those who feel it is too "dewy."

My skin has never looked lovely! The actual coverage is just what I was looking for-- light to light/medium--so for those looking for medium to heavy coverage--this is NOT for you! But this is the first product that has evened out my skin tone, and actually provided the claimed "radiance" and "youthful glow" that so many foundations, primers, lotions, tinted moisturizers, etc. claim.

For me, it is worth the 38 dollar price tag and I will ABSOLUTELY purchase again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this is my first experience with a beauty balm, I am very happy with this purchase, being that my complexion is somewhere between a vampire and a ghost i have trouble finding a tinted moisturizer that is light enough, and this stuff is great, its a light coverage moisturizing product that looks great with the too faced powder foundation in like shade. Thank you too faced for making products for us pale girls too.