Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

4.2

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 6/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has a lot going for it, which is why I purchased it at Ulta a few months ago.

PROS:

Tube packaging is my favorite for portability.

The SPF 20 sunscreen is mineral based (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) making it ideal for sensitive skin.

It contains antioxidants to further benefit the skin.

1.5 ounces for $34 would make this around $22 if they sold it by the ounce. Most foundations come in 1 ounce bottles and I think it's worth mentioning that this is a larger size in case price is a factor in your decision.

CONS:

The color range should be expanded. Snow Glow was too pale for me but Vanilla Glow is slightly too yellow - so it looks too dark. What I really need is a shade in between the two that does not exist.

My skin is too oily for it now that it's summer. It's just shiny and can't stand up to the heat. I can't use a tinted moisturizer right now. I'm trying to look less oily and sweaty and should be using something with a matte finish. This is really more of a winter beauty item for me.

I should've known better. I tried this in store, didn't love it, walked away.

Tried it again a couple weeks ago, in store---had no foundation on at all so I used a full face application and LOVED IT. It looked glowy--not greasy. It was a perfect match. I looked younger, even!
So I bought a tube.
Then proceeded to hate it for the rest of the week afterward (tried it every day, tried no powder, with powder, with different powder, different moisturizer--nada).
Back it goes. It's too expensive for it to just sit in my drawer.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product but I was disappointed. ....I have oily skin so when I tried this I put on a bit of powder just in case.....it still left me an oily mess.....when you first apply it it looks super cute nice even with light to medium coverage....but after a few hours it looks shiny and makes my pores look huge....the good thing is it doesn't break me out.....this probably would be good for someone who has dry skin but if you have oily skin dont use this and it a little on the expensive side......

on 9/26/2013 11:07:00 AM

I give this a 3/5 only because I like the consistency and sheer coverage and it stays nicely all day long. However, the color range is terrible. I am very fair with pink undertones. I tested it while in Ulta and it seemed perfect. Looks great when I apply it in my bathroom and any mirror in my house looks fine. However, after a week of use I happened to glance in my rear view mirror while driving and was mortified. I looked like I was wearing a yellow mask, and I apply it very lightly!

No more, I threw it out and until they can come up with a shade that matches my skin I won't be buying again. The price didn't bother me when I thought it was the perfect shade. :)

UPDATE: There's a lighter shade now if you need it- "Snow Glow." The product itself isn't bad. I bumped it up to a four now that they improved the shade range. I'm still not nuts about it though, just because I desire a matter finish.

I really wanted this to be my new HG, but unfortunately the shade range is abysmal. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade, and yet it is a little too dark and WAY too yellow-based for my cool, fair, pink-based skin. When I sampled this in the store I was worried that it wouldn't match well, but since it blended into the skin so well I thought I could make it work. I gave it a solid week-long trial period, and alas, no matter how little I apply or how I apply it (tried brush and fingers), it just looks wrong, and kind of orange. And then I have to put more on my neck and decolletage to make it match. I exchanged it for Tarte's Smooth Operator in Agent 00, which for $4 more is a much better skin match for me.
There are lots of good things about this product. I like the consistency and sheer coverage. I love the vintage-look packaging, and the hygienic squeeze tube. If you don't put powder on top, it could be hydrating enough to take the place of your day moisturizer. However, I need powder, and once I add some my skin feels dry for a while if I don't use another moisturizer. For the price, I'd kind of like it to totally replace my day lotion.
I give this three lippies because I think it's a good product, it just doesn't work for me. I would not buy Vanilla Glow again, but if they come out with a lighter shade I may give it another shot.
If you have pink-toned skin and you're in doubt about the shade, don't chance it. Skip this one.

on 10/27/2012 4:02:00 AM

I have very sensitive and problematic skin; redness, blemishes, dryness, blackheads... pretty much "all in one" skin.

I can not use skin care products any more due to sensitivity of my skin. I just cleanse. I can not use sunscreen neither (I get cystic acne and redness in just one day all over my face, my aunt who is a dermatologist told me to stop sunscreens containing chemical filters.). When it comes to make up I've tried nearly every foundation, tinted moisturizers, BB creams whatever on the market. The same problem. They appear really well (especially Chanel ones) but when I remove them my problems get worse.

I had lost my hope, but one day during my visit to Sephora I saw this, I checked the ingredients, it was nearly the same with Cargo's and Stila's tinted moisturizers that I was looking for for a long time (They are not sold anymore where I live.).

This tinted moisturizer has light to medium coverage and the lightest shade really fits me. (If you want more coverage you can put some powder on it?) It is oil-free and fragrance-free. I can still see my acne rednesses after I put this cream on but I get a more even tone which seems natural. I hate foundations during day. My family, my boyfriend, my friends all of them hate foundation. Nobody wears foundation here and if you wear foundation, you know, they look at you like you spent lots of time in front of mirror for nothing.

Also this cream has physical filters, two types of vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate). I never see them together on the formulations, also the very expensive serums contain just one of them. These are the best forms of vitamin C. They are very stable and very effective.

So it is not really moisturizing (I don't want it to! Otherwise I walk like an oil slick. I have to blot-I hate putting paper on my face.) but when I first put this on and removed the night, I didn't get any rednesses or blemishes, on the contrary my rednesses had been calmed down a little bit. I use it for one month and still didn't see any negative points.

The packaging is really cute too, not very vintage (I don't like vintage packaging like Benefit's) but more like Agent Provocateur style :P

I hope they won't discontinue it. I might buy it forever.

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I constantly struggle to find foundation that looks natural, but gives me enough coverage. I also have a lot of problems with breakouts when I use anything other than Bare Minerals or Clinique foundation. I am so glad I tried this out. It gives me enough coverage to know that I am wearing something, but does not look piled on, and I do not need powder with it. It has a tiny bit of shimmer that gives off a dewy look, which is excellent for summer wear. I plan on getting a regular size tube of this when I go to Sephora this weekend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was given a sample from a MU artist @ Sephora and went back to purchase. I have been wearing BE mineral foundation for 15 years.(I know you absolutely must prime your face before wearing any mineral style foundation) and this worked perfectly...Better than the moisturizer I was using. I am very fair and this shade was perfect for me. It made my makeup application a more finished look, more "set". Loved it. You do not have to use much and I adore the squeeze tube as it will keep it hygenic til it is gone. I would wear it alone on the weekend and not feel quite so undone when I am not wearing the full makeup look.

on 4/25/2012 8:02:00 AM

I sampled this at Sephora yesterday. I loved it. I put some on the top of my hand, then took Too Faced's powder foundation and dusted that over top. The look was flawless. It hid all the freckles on my hand without looking fake or cakey. I really want to try it on my face, but alas, bills are due so it'll have to wait. Once I get it & give it a shot I'll further edit my review (:

on 3/3/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Very nice tm/bb cream w/mineral only spf 20 (actives are 5% zinc & 5% titanium). This product is available in four shades. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade and suits my nc15/20ish skin tone. I would say it's yellow-based. Not as much coverage as foundation but not too sheer either, it does even out your complexion nicely. I don't feel I need foundation over this but I do prefer a natural look. As another reviewer has stated, this gives your skin such a nice glow and I find that it also minimizes pores (it's supposed to be an all-in-one primer/moisturizer/spf). Unlike some other tm's & bb creams I've tried this one actually does moisturize and doesn't settle into pores/fine lines. Ingredients: (for some reason I'm unable to post ingredients above)

Actives: 5% Zinc Oxide and 5% Titanium Dioxide