Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by hair type : Other
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.8

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 7/8/2014 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Like this BB cream. It leaves a nice glow and stays put even in heat and humidity. The only problem is that the SPF is only 20, so I wear an SPF cream beneath this with at least an SPF 30. I compared this to my Smashbox BB cream in Light. I like Smashbox better and it has an SPF of 35.

on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

I like to wear foundation if I am going out (mac studio fix) but for a more natural look I like a tinted moisturiser. My job is quite masculine so I dont like to look heavily made up but at the same time I need my make up to last 12 hour shifts! My skin is around nc20 and weird: it gets oily at the slightest thing but if I use products designed for oily skin its gets super dry and tight, and I am prone to occasional bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line. I finally seem to have found the skin care products and foundation that work so my last item on the list was tinted moisturiser/bb cream.
I have tried allsorts: nars (lovely but not available near me and I hate ordering on line), laura mercier (lasted approximately 5 seconds on me before it became an oil slick, plus shades not yellow enough for my liking), bobbi brown (felt like I was coating my face in liquid plastic), benefit (may as well have been putting lard on my face) and garnier (in a word: awful). I had heard good things about this online and on paulas choice so I decided to pick it up whilst in boots.
Vanilla glow seemed the best match for me, I always go slightly lighter as I can darken with benefits hoola when Im more tan. It looks lovely when it goes on, ideal match colour wise, nice glow to it as well. Its one of those products you can just slap on quickly and it looks great. I dont use moisturiser before it as it would be too much for my skin, but this product alone feels moisturising enough for me. I set with soap and glory blotting powder, some bronzer, mascara and Im done!
Its lasts around 6/7 hours before it starts to rub off in places and I do still get some shine around my nose area that needs blotting but other than that it still looks fairly acceptable at the end of a shift. I think I just need to accept that this will happen no matter what I use!
Overall I would buy this product again unless I hear of something even better!

on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like the finish this bb gives,though I consider it a TM instead of a bb, so that's what I'll compare it to. It has a thinner, more fluid texture than Tarte or LM TM, my other favorites.I have dry skin, so have used this with a light moisturizer underneath. Even without the moisturizer, it blends in properly. Vanilla Glow is a bit warmer than ideal for me ( about NW 10 -ish ) ,but is so light and translucent that it works as long as I don't use too much. The finish is absolutely beautiful. Not dewy,not shiny, not shimmery, just a glow . I know "lit-from-within" is a MU cliche, but it applies in this case.Staying power is very good; It still looks good after a day at work, though I do need to blot my t-zone after about 5 hours. I don't count on the spf, as, of course, I don't pile on 1/4 tsp of this.However, with it's extremely sheer coverage , I probably could.Don't expect any hiding of flaws with this, just a glowing refinement of your skin's overall appearance. Will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My first experience with a bb cream. I have fair but neutral skin. Many of the creams I sampled looked orange on me or were way too dark. This one matches me absolutely perfectly. The problem is it broke me out terribly :( So if you have acne or other skin problems, beware.