Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

4.1

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

I was reluctant to get on the BB cream bandwagon, but with the summertime heat I was getting tired of my thick foundations. I figured this was worth a try.

First of, the shade range isn't the best. The tones are very yellow. But since it's a bb cream and not a full coverage foundation, you can get away with it not matching perfectly. This one is close enough on me.

I apply this with my flat topped kabuki brush. It's super easy to blend this stuff out and it's buildable without being cakey. I would say it's light to medium coverage. This stuff feels like it's moisturizing my face, which I love. However, it's not the best at controlling oil and the finish can look a little greasy, so I always dust a finishing powder over the top.

I can get a ggod 6 hours of wear out of this before it starts to separate and rub off on my oily areas. For a bb cream, that's really not too bad. I like the fact that there's SPF too. The one thing I really dislike is the sparkles. They aren't super noticeable, but the finish is already shiny and the sparkles just add to it. It's not a total dealbreaker though.

I do love the packaging and the fact that you get 1.5oz of product instead of the standard 1oz. If you think of the amount you're getting, the price doesn't seem so steep. To me it was worth it.

This is definitely a product that I love to use. I feel like it does nice things for my skin. I only took a lippy off because of the sparkles, poor oil control, and strange shade selection. Otherwise I love everything about this and it's super easy to throw it on and go.

on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

I like to wear foundation if I am going out (mac studio fix) but for a more natural look I like a tinted moisturiser. My job is quite masculine so I dont like to look heavily made up but at the same time I need my make up to last 12 hour shifts! My skin is around nc20 and weird: it gets oily at the slightest thing but if I use products designed for oily skin its gets super dry and tight, and I am prone to occasional bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line. I finally seem to have found the skin care products and foundation that work so my last item on the list was tinted moisturiser/bb cream.
I have tried allsorts: nars (lovely but not available near me and I hate ordering on line), laura mercier (lasted approximately 5 seconds on me before it became an oil slick, plus shades not yellow enough for my liking), bobbi brown (felt like I was coating my face in liquid plastic), benefit (may as well have been putting lard on my face) and garnier (in a word: awful). I had heard good things about this online and on paulas choice so I decided to pick it up whilst in boots.
Vanilla glow seemed the best match for me, I always go slightly lighter as I can darken with benefits hoola when Im more tan. It looks lovely when it goes on, ideal match colour wise, nice glow to it as well. Its one of those products you can just slap on quickly and it looks great. I dont use moisturiser before it as it would be too much for my skin, but this product alone feels moisturising enough for me. I set with soap and glory blotting powder, some bronzer, mascara and Im done!
Its lasts around 6/7 hours before it starts to rub off in places and I do still get some shine around my nose area that needs blotting but other than that it still looks fairly acceptable at the end of a shift. I think I just need to accept that this will happen no matter what I use!
Overall I would buy this product again unless I hear of something even better!

on 3/31/2013 3:23:00 PM

Sadly... expensive. On a good note, great consistency, yellow undertones and it doesn't make me break out! For this amount of money... I wanted to LOVE it... didn't happen. It is a decent bb cream but for almost $50... it needed to be worth it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Really didn't care for this product at all. It's basically a TM, has no coverage at all. It has a heavier feel, almost like foundation, and the finish is too dewy, really shiny, actually, and very sheer. Surprising since this is marketed for oily/combination skin. It didn't make me break out, but it didn't do any of the things other bb creams have done. Taking it back to Sephora, and if you're combination, oily, or acne prone, check out the Boscia bb cream. Much better, for the same price.

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I constantly struggle to find foundation that looks natural, but gives me enough coverage. I also have a lot of problems with breakouts when I use anything other than Bare Minerals or Clinique foundation. I am so glad I tried this out. It gives me enough coverage to know that I am wearing something, but does not look piled on, and I do not need powder with it. It has a tiny bit of shimmer that gives off a dewy look, which is excellent for summer wear. I plan on getting a regular size tube of this when I go to Sephora this weekend!

on 6/4/2012 5:10:00 AM

I've tried three Korean BB cream before and I have to say that I like this BB cream from Too Faced more. I have acne prone skin and this BB cream hasn't broke me out. I like the glow it gives to my skin and it last all day!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I do have to say that I think this product is NOT for those looking for A. heavy coverage or B. Have lots of break outs or problem skin. You will not get the coverage you are looking for and for those with extremely oily skin, large pores, extreme redness or dryness I am not sure how this product will work for you. I am also not sure how this product works on older skin.

I think this product is best for those with fairly normal skin (mine is slightly oily and this is still great product for me) with no severe skin problems or issues and are just looking for light coverage and something to "enhance the skin."

If that is what you are looking for--this is perfect and an absolutely amazing product! So smooth and natural and the yellowish shade of the "vanilla glow" is perfect for my warm light skin tone--I have SUCH a hard time finding a warm shade that matches my fair but very gold tinted skin tone--so many products are too orange, or too pink and look ridiculous on fair but very warm/yellow/gold skinned toned ladies. (For those with more cool/pinkish skin tones, I am afraid this is not the shade for you--and their whole line looks pretty warm toned--but who knows, ask for a sample at sephora!)

I love the "dewiness" of this product--- but don't worry--when you first apply it actually looks more dewey then when it "sets"--my skin absorbs more of the product about 15 minutes after applying and the result is lovely! Even though my skin is slightly on the oily side I have not found the dewiness too much (that being said I do not apply any moisturizer in the morning as this is a moisturizing product!!) A quick blot or go over with BE or a light powder would do the trick for those who feel it is too "dewy."

My skin has never looked lovely! The actual coverage is just what I was looking for-- light to light/medium--so for those looking for medium to heavy coverage--this is NOT for you! But this is the first product that has evened out my skin tone, and actually provided the claimed "radiance" and "youthful glow" that so many foundations, primers, lotions, tinted moisturizers, etc. claim.

For me, it is worth the 38 dollar price tag and I will ABSOLUTELY purchase again!

on 3/3/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Very nice tm/bb cream w/mineral only spf 20 (actives are 5% zinc & 5% titanium). This product is available in four shades. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade and suits my nc15/20ish skin tone. I would say it's yellow-based. Not as much coverage as foundation but not too sheer either, it does even out your complexion nicely. I don't feel I need foundation over this but I do prefer a natural look. As another reviewer has stated, this gives your skin such a nice glow and I find that it also minimizes pores (it's supposed to be an all-in-one primer/moisturizer/spf). Unlike some other tm's & bb creams I've tried this one actually does moisturize and doesn't settle into pores/fine lines. Ingredients: (for some reason I'm unable to post ingredients above)

Actives: 5% Zinc Oxide and 5% Titanium Dioxide

on 2/13/2012 2:41:00 PM

I use this as a primer (tinted moisturizers don't offer enough coverage for my acne-scarred & unever skin) and it's great. I was skeptical about the oil control factor, but after using it a few times, I'm amazed at how matte and fresh it keeps my foundation looking. It also lets me get more out of my Clinique foundation--it goes on smoother, more evenly, and gives it more coverage. I'll definitely be purchasing this again, if only for the incredible oil control. It's not the cheapest product, but the bottle is big and a little bit of product goes a long way.