Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.9

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 6/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has a lot going for it, which is why I purchased it at Ulta a few months ago.

PROS:

Tube packaging is my favorite for portability.

The SPF 20 sunscreen is mineral based (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) making it ideal for sensitive skin.

It contains antioxidants to further benefit the skin.

1.5 ounces for $34 would make this around $22 if they sold it by the ounce. Most foundations come in 1 ounce bottles and I think it's worth mentioning that this is a larger size in case price is a factor in your decision.

CONS:

The color range should be expanded. Snow Glow was too pale for me but Vanilla Glow is slightly too yellow - so it looks too dark. What I really need is a shade in between the two that does not exist.

My skin is too oily for it now that it's summer. It's just shiny and can't stand up to the heat. I can't use a tinted moisturizer right now. I'm trying to look less oily and sweaty and should be using something with a matte finish. This is really more of a winter beauty item for me.

on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like the finish this bb gives,though I consider it a TM instead of a bb, so that's what I'll compare it to. It has a thinner, more fluid texture than Tarte or LM TM, my other favorites.I have dry skin, so have used this with a light moisturizer underneath. Even without the moisturizer, it blends in properly. Vanilla Glow is a bit warmer than ideal for me ( about NW 10 -ish ) ,but is so light and translucent that it works as long as I don't use too much. The finish is absolutely beautiful. Not dewy,not shiny, not shimmery, just a glow . I know "lit-from-within" is a MU cliche, but it applies in this case.Staying power is very good; It still looks good after a day at work, though I do need to blot my t-zone after about 5 hours. I don't count on the spf, as, of course, I don't pile on 1/4 tsp of this.However, with it's extremely sheer coverage , I probably could.Don't expect any hiding of flaws with this, just a glowing refinement of your skin's overall appearance. Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The best thing about this product for me is the color match, which is pretty good for my NC15, yellow-undertoned skin (only in summer - in winter I am more of an NC10 and this is a 1/2 shade too dark). I also like that it doesn't cause me to breakout which is rare because my skin is really sensitive. And it offers great sun protection. This has a moist feel, and a very dewy finish. Too dewy in my opinion. I have really dry skin and even I look like a greaseball when I wear this. I dust Nars Light Reflecting loose powder over the T-zone and it looks and wears much better. The real problem is this offers almost no coverage but manages to look really obvious on me by the end of the day -- highlights flakes and oxidizes to a peachy tone. I have to blot when I wear this abd it does rub off some of the product. I guess I could see this working for someone who really likes that dewy look, and needs almost no coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this but have not found any BB Cream that I've liked so far. The Sephora MA matched me as this color, I'm Estee Lauder Invisible 1N1 for reference. I have dry skin but this BB made my skin look oily even when I wore nothing under it, I looked like a oil slick. It was not flattering at all. I guess BB's just aren't for me. Bummer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was given a sample from a MU artist @ Sephora and went back to purchase. I have been wearing BE mineral foundation for 15 years.(I know you absolutely must prime your face before wearing any mineral style foundation) and this worked perfectly...Better than the moisturizer I was using. I am very fair and this shade was perfect for me. It made my makeup application a more finished look, more "set". Loved it. You do not have to use much and I adore the squeeze tube as it will keep it hygenic til it is gone. I would wear it alone on the weekend and not feel quite so undone when I am not wearing the full makeup look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this is my first experience with a beauty balm, I am very happy with this purchase, being that my complexion is somewhere between a vampire and a ghost i have trouble finding a tinted moisturizer that is light enough, and this stuff is great, its a light coverage moisturizing product that looks great with the too faced powder foundation in like shade. Thank you too faced for making products for us pale girls too.

on 3/3/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Very nice tm/bb cream w/mineral only spf 20 (actives are 5% zinc & 5% titanium). This product is available in four shades. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade and suits my nc15/20ish skin tone. I would say it's yellow-based. Not as much coverage as foundation but not too sheer either, it does even out your complexion nicely. I don't feel I need foundation over this but I do prefer a natural look. As another reviewer has stated, this gives your skin such a nice glow and I find that it also minimizes pores (it's supposed to be an all-in-one primer/moisturizer/spf). Unlike some other tm's & bb creams I've tried this one actually does moisturize and doesn't settle into pores/fine lines. Ingredients: (for some reason I'm unable to post ingredients above)

Actives: 5% Zinc Oxide and 5% Titanium Dioxide