Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.5

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

I was reluctant to get on the BB cream bandwagon, but with the summertime heat I was getting tired of my thick foundations. I figured this was worth a try.

First of, the shade range isn't the best. The tones are very yellow. But since it's a bb cream and not a full coverage foundation, you can get away with it not matching perfectly. This one is close enough on me.

I apply this with my flat topped kabuki brush. It's super easy to blend this stuff out and it's buildable without being cakey. I would say it's light to medium coverage. This stuff feels like it's moisturizing my face, which I love. However, it's not the best at controlling oil and the finish can look a little greasy, so I always dust a finishing powder over the top.

I can get a ggod 6 hours of wear out of this before it starts to separate and rub off on my oily areas. For a bb cream, that's really not too bad. I like the fact that there's SPF too. The one thing I really dislike is the sparkles. They aren't super noticeable, but the finish is already shiny and the sparkles just add to it. It's not a total dealbreaker though.

I do love the packaging and the fact that you get 1.5oz of product instead of the standard 1oz. If you think of the amount you're getting, the price doesn't seem so steep. To me it was worth it.

This is definitely a product that I love to use. I feel like it does nice things for my skin. I only took a lippy off because of the sparkles, poor oil control, and strange shade selection. Otherwise I love everything about this and it's super easy to throw it on and go.

I should've known better. I tried this in store, didn't love it, walked away.

Tried it again a couple weeks ago, in store---had no foundation on at all so I used a full face application and LOVED IT. It looked glowy--not greasy. It was a perfect match. I looked younger, even!
So I bought a tube.
Then proceeded to hate it for the rest of the week afterward (tried it every day, tried no powder, with powder, with different powder, different moisturizer--nada).
Back it goes. It's too expensive for it to just sit in my drawer.

on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

I like to wear foundation if I am going out (mac studio fix) but for a more natural look I like a tinted moisturiser. My job is quite masculine so I dont like to look heavily made up but at the same time I need my make up to last 12 hour shifts! My skin is around nc20 and weird: it gets oily at the slightest thing but if I use products designed for oily skin its gets super dry and tight, and I am prone to occasional bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line. I finally seem to have found the skin care products and foundation that work so my last item on the list was tinted moisturiser/bb cream.
I have tried allsorts: nars (lovely but not available near me and I hate ordering on line), laura mercier (lasted approximately 5 seconds on me before it became an oil slick, plus shades not yellow enough for my liking), bobbi brown (felt like I was coating my face in liquid plastic), benefit (may as well have been putting lard on my face) and garnier (in a word: awful). I had heard good things about this online and on paulas choice so I decided to pick it up whilst in boots.
Vanilla glow seemed the best match for me, I always go slightly lighter as I can darken with benefits hoola when Im more tan. It looks lovely when it goes on, ideal match colour wise, nice glow to it as well. Its one of those products you can just slap on quickly and it looks great. I dont use moisturiser before it as it would be too much for my skin, but this product alone feels moisturising enough for me. I set with soap and glory blotting powder, some bronzer, mascara and Im done!
Its lasts around 6/7 hours before it starts to rub off in places and I do still get some shine around my nose area that needs blotting but other than that it still looks fairly acceptable at the end of a shift. I think I just need to accept that this will happen no matter what I use!
Overall I would buy this product again unless I hear of something even better!

on 11/5/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nice light coverage, doesn't break me out, adds a healthy glow to the skin and keeps my look fresh all day. Looks even better with a tiny bit of setting powder!(: Plus the packaging is cute too. I use this BB cream + Physicians Formula Super BB Powder on top to set for my everyday medium coverage natural skin look, but for dates with my Boyfriend (who prefers me makeup-free,) a dab of this TF BB Cream on my face and a coat of mascara does the job :) I love this bb cream and recommend it to everyone, if you are looking for a naturally flawless look with light to medium coverage. Xoxo<3

EDIT: decided I don't love this! The slight shimmer in this really emphasizes pores and highlights bumpy skin. Not smoothing.

on 9/26/2013 11:07:00 AM

I give this a 3/5 only because I like the consistency and sheer coverage and it stays nicely all day long. However, the color range is terrible. I am very fair with pink undertones. I tested it while in Ulta and it seemed perfect. Looks great when I apply it in my bathroom and any mirror in my house looks fine. However, after a week of use I happened to glance in my rear view mirror while driving and was mortified. I looked like I was wearing a yellow mask, and I apply it very lightly!

No more, I threw it out and until they can come up with a shade that matches my skin I won't be buying again. The price didn't bother me when I thought it was the perfect shade. :)

on 3/31/2013 3:23:00 PM

Sadly... expensive. On a good note, great consistency, yellow undertones and it doesn't make me break out! For this amount of money... I wanted to LOVE it... didn't happen. It is a decent bb cream but for almost $50... it needed to be worth it!

UPDATE: There's a lighter shade now if you need it- "Snow Glow." The product itself isn't bad. I bumped it up to a four now that they improved the shade range. I'm still not nuts about it though, just because I desire a matter finish.

I really wanted this to be my new HG, but unfortunately the shade range is abysmal. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade, and yet it is a little too dark and WAY too yellow-based for my cool, fair, pink-based skin. When I sampled this in the store I was worried that it wouldn't match well, but since it blended into the skin so well I thought I could make it work. I gave it a solid week-long trial period, and alas, no matter how little I apply or how I apply it (tried brush and fingers), it just looks wrong, and kind of orange. And then I have to put more on my neck and decolletage to make it match. I exchanged it for Tarte's Smooth Operator in Agent 00, which for $4 more is a much better skin match for me.
There are lots of good things about this product. I like the consistency and sheer coverage. I love the vintage-look packaging, and the hygienic squeeze tube. If you don't put powder on top, it could be hydrating enough to take the place of your day moisturizer. However, I need powder, and once I add some my skin feels dry for a while if I don't use another moisturizer. For the price, I'd kind of like it to totally replace my day lotion.
I give this three lippies because I think it's a good product, it just doesn't work for me. I would not buy Vanilla Glow again, but if they come out with a lighter shade I may give it another shot.
If you have pink-toned skin and you're in doubt about the shade, don't chance it. Skip this one.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Really didn't care for this product at all. It's basically a TM, has no coverage at all. It has a heavier feel, almost like foundation, and the finish is too dewy, really shiny, actually, and very sheer. Surprising since this is marketed for oily/combination skin. It didn't make me break out, but it didn't do any of the things other bb creams have done. Taking it back to Sephora, and if you're combination, oily, or acne prone, check out the Boscia bb cream. Much better, for the same price.

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I constantly struggle to find foundation that looks natural, but gives me enough coverage. I also have a lot of problems with breakouts when I use anything other than Bare Minerals or Clinique foundation. I am so glad I tried this out. It gives me enough coverage to know that I am wearing something, but does not look piled on, and I do not need powder with it. It has a tiny bit of shimmer that gives off a dewy look, which is excellent for summer wear. I plan on getting a regular size tube of this when I go to Sephora this weekend!

on 6/19/2012 6:11:00 PM

I am really middle of the road on this one...The color is nice (usually wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in Sand). Great as a primer but not so great on its own. Makes my face look like an oil slick and i HAVE to put powder on over it...which defeats the purpose of a BB Cream. Garnier's BB cream is 100x better for 1/2 the price!

Pros:
-Works as a foundation primer
-Color match
-SPF that doesnt break me out
-Easy to apply with Beauty Blender Sponge

Cons:
-Lack of coverage (light at best)
-Makes my face look oily/shiny
-Pricy for a tinted moisturizer
-Soaks into skin leaving no coverage after a few hours
-Requires foundation or powder over it - cannot be used alone