Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.9

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 6/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has a lot going for it, which is why I purchased it at Ulta a few months ago.

PROS:

Tube packaging is my favorite for portability.

The SPF 20 sunscreen is mineral based (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) making it ideal for sensitive skin.

It contains antioxidants to further benefit the skin.

1.5 ounces for $34 would make this around $22 if they sold it by the ounce. Most foundations come in 1 ounce bottles and I think it's worth mentioning that this is a larger size in case price is a factor in your decision.

CONS:

The color range should be expanded. Snow Glow was too pale for me but Vanilla Glow is slightly too yellow - so it looks too dark. What I really need is a shade in between the two that does not exist.

My skin is too oily for it now that it's summer. It's just shiny and can't stand up to the heat. I can't use a tinted moisturizer right now. I'm trying to look less oily and sweaty and should be using something with a matte finish. This is really more of a winter beauty item for me.

I should've known better. I tried this in store, didn't love it, walked away.

Tried it again a couple weeks ago, in store---had no foundation on at all so I used a full face application and LOVED IT. It looked glowy--not greasy. It was a perfect match. I looked younger, even!
So I bought a tube.
Then proceeded to hate it for the rest of the week afterward (tried it every day, tried no powder, with powder, with different powder, different moisturizer--nada).
Back it goes. It's too expensive for it to just sit in my drawer.

on 7/8/2014 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Like this BB cream. It leaves a nice glow and stays put even in heat and humidity. The only problem is that the SPF is only 20, so I wear an SPF cream beneath this with at least an SPF 30. I compared this to my Smashbox BB cream in Light. I like Smashbox better and it has an SPF of 35.

on 9/26/2013 11:07:00 AM

I give this a 3/5 only because I like the consistency and sheer coverage and it stays nicely all day long. However, the color range is terrible. I am very fair with pink undertones. I tested it while in Ulta and it seemed perfect. Looks great when I apply it in my bathroom and any mirror in my house looks fine. However, after a week of use I happened to glance in my rear view mirror while driving and was mortified. I looked like I was wearing a yellow mask, and I apply it very lightly!

No more, I threw it out and until they can come up with a shade that matches my skin I won't be buying again. The price didn't bother me when I thought it was the perfect shade. :)

on 4/10/2013 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really dislike this stuff. It does absolutely nothing on my skin. I wasn't expecting full coverage, but this hardly qualifies as tinted. It doesn't match me, somehow it just turns my face yellow without actually providing coverage I have a yellow undertone, but this is way too strong and dark. It is nothing like a true BB cream, and it's ridiculously expensive for what it is. I usually love Too Faced, but the only positive thing I can say about it is it doesn't really get shiny on me.

UPDATE: There's a lighter shade now if you need it- "Snow Glow." The product itself isn't bad. I bumped it up to a four now that they improved the shade range. I'm still not nuts about it though, just because I desire a matter finish.

I really wanted this to be my new HG, but unfortunately the shade range is abysmal. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade, and yet it is a little too dark and WAY too yellow-based for my cool, fair, pink-based skin. When I sampled this in the store I was worried that it wouldn't match well, but since it blended into the skin so well I thought I could make it work. I gave it a solid week-long trial period, and alas, no matter how little I apply or how I apply it (tried brush and fingers), it just looks wrong, and kind of orange. And then I have to put more on my neck and decolletage to make it match. I exchanged it for Tarte's Smooth Operator in Agent 00, which for $4 more is a much better skin match for me.
There are lots of good things about this product. I like the consistency and sheer coverage. I love the vintage-look packaging, and the hygienic squeeze tube. If you don't put powder on top, it could be hydrating enough to take the place of your day moisturizer. However, I need powder, and once I add some my skin feels dry for a while if I don't use another moisturizer. For the price, I'd kind of like it to totally replace my day lotion.
I give this three lippies because I think it's a good product, it just doesn't work for me. I would not buy Vanilla Glow again, but if they come out with a lighter shade I may give it another shot.
If you have pink-toned skin and you're in doubt about the shade, don't chance it. Skip this one.

on 10/27/2012 4:02:00 AM

I have very sensitive and problematic skin; redness, blemishes, dryness, blackheads... pretty much "all in one" skin.

I can not use skin care products any more due to sensitivity of my skin. I just cleanse. I can not use sunscreen neither (I get cystic acne and redness in just one day all over my face, my aunt who is a dermatologist told me to stop sunscreens containing chemical filters.). When it comes to make up I've tried nearly every foundation, tinted moisturizers, BB creams whatever on the market. The same problem. They appear really well (especially Chanel ones) but when I remove them my problems get worse.

I had lost my hope, but one day during my visit to Sephora I saw this, I checked the ingredients, it was nearly the same with Cargo's and Stila's tinted moisturizers that I was looking for for a long time (They are not sold anymore where I live.).

This tinted moisturizer has light to medium coverage and the lightest shade really fits me. (If you want more coverage you can put some powder on it?) It is oil-free and fragrance-free. I can still see my acne rednesses after I put this cream on but I get a more even tone which seems natural. I hate foundations during day. My family, my boyfriend, my friends all of them hate foundation. Nobody wears foundation here and if you wear foundation, you know, they look at you like you spent lots of time in front of mirror for nothing.

Also this cream has physical filters, two types of vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate). I never see them together on the formulations, also the very expensive serums contain just one of them. These are the best forms of vitamin C. They are very stable and very effective.

So it is not really moisturizing (I don't want it to! Otherwise I walk like an oil slick. I have to blot-I hate putting paper on my face.) but when I first put this on and removed the night, I didn't get any rednesses or blemishes, on the contrary my rednesses had been calmed down a little bit. I use it for one month and still didn't see any negative points.

The packaging is really cute too, not very vintage (I don't like vintage packaging like Benefit's) but more like Agent Provocateur style :P

I hope they won't discontinue it. I might buy it forever.

on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like the finish this bb gives,though I consider it a TM instead of a bb, so that's what I'll compare it to. It has a thinner, more fluid texture than Tarte or LM TM, my other favorites.I have dry skin, so have used this with a light moisturizer underneath. Even without the moisturizer, it blends in properly. Vanilla Glow is a bit warmer than ideal for me ( about NW 10 -ish ) ,but is so light and translucent that it works as long as I don't use too much. The finish is absolutely beautiful. Not dewy,not shiny, not shimmery, just a glow . I know "lit-from-within" is a MU cliche, but it applies in this case.Staying power is very good; It still looks good after a day at work, though I do need to blot my t-zone after about 5 hours. I don't count on the spf, as, of course, I don't pile on 1/4 tsp of this.However, with it's extremely sheer coverage , I probably could.Don't expect any hiding of flaws with this, just a glowing refinement of your skin's overall appearance. Will repurchase.

on 6/21/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this bb cream. Usually the bb cream that comes from the US isn't the best and I've always found some sort of issue with them and never came close when comparing them to the ones from Asia, but this bb cream takes the lead!

It comes on smoothly and blends so well. Even in the summertime when my skin becomes more tan as I have to work more outdoors, the bb cream still blends well with my skintone. It does everything from giving you enough skin protection to coverage. Not only does it make my skin look even better (I'm Asian and constantly getting complimented even before I started using this bb cream, but when I started using this stuff I'm getting even more compliments!!)!!
I love this product so much that whenever I go into Sephora to buy another bottle, I RAVE about the stuff to other customers.

The only thing I could change is the price, but even then the price compared to the other bb creams found in Sephora it's still very reasonable.
If you want something easy to apply, that makes you look flawless, that protects your skin, that lasts all day long (yes, even in 100+ degree weather AND working out), and a fast application and go...this is the stuff you go for!

on 6/19/2012 6:11:00 PM

I am really middle of the road on this one...The color is nice (usually wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in Sand). Great as a primer but not so great on its own. Makes my face look like an oil slick and i HAVE to put powder on over it...which defeats the purpose of a BB Cream. Garnier's BB cream is 100x better for 1/2 the price!

Pros:
-Works as a foundation primer
-Color match
-SPF that doesnt break me out
-Easy to apply with Beauty Blender Sponge

Cons:
-Lack of coverage (light at best)
-Makes my face look oily/shiny
-Pricy for a tinted moisturizer
-Soaks into skin leaving no coverage after a few hours
-Requires foundation or powder over it - cannot be used alone