Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.8

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Oh my god, this product is AMAZING! A tinted SPF balm that has hydrating properties, acts as a primer, thicker than a moisturizer, lighter than a foundation, with unbelievable coverage that doesn't sheer out.

on 3/3/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Very nice tm/bb cream w/mineral only spf 20 (actives are 5% zinc & 5% titanium). This product is available in four shades. Vanilla Glow is the lightest shade and suits my nc15/20ish skin tone. I would say it's yellow-based. Not as much coverage as foundation but not too sheer either, it does even out your complexion nicely. I don't feel I need foundation over this but I do prefer a natural look. As another reviewer has stated, this gives your skin such a nice glow and I find that it also minimizes pores (it's supposed to be an all-in-one primer/moisturizer/spf). Unlike some other tm's & bb creams I've tried this one actually does moisturize and doesn't settle into pores/fine lines. Ingredients: (for some reason I'm unable to post ingredients above)

Actives: 5% Zinc Oxide and 5% Titanium Dioxide

on 10/27/2012 4:02:00 AM

I have very sensitive and problematic skin; redness, blemishes, dryness, blackheads... pretty much "all in one" skin.

I can not use skin care products any more due to sensitivity of my skin. I just cleanse. I can not use sunscreen neither (I get cystic acne and redness in just one day all over my face, my aunt who is a dermatologist told me to stop sunscreens containing chemical filters.). When it comes to make up I've tried nearly every foundation, tinted moisturizers, BB creams whatever on the market. The same problem. They appear really well (especially Chanel ones) but when I remove them my problems get worse.

I had lost my hope, but one day during my visit to Sephora I saw this, I checked the ingredients, it was nearly the same with Cargo's and Stila's tinted moisturizers that I was looking for for a long time (They are not sold anymore where I live.).

This tinted moisturizer has light to medium coverage and the lightest shade really fits me. (If you want more coverage you can put some powder on it?) It is oil-free and fragrance-free. I can still see my acne rednesses after I put this cream on but I get a more even tone which seems natural. I hate foundations during day. My family, my boyfriend, my friends all of them hate foundation. Nobody wears foundation here and if you wear foundation, you know, they look at you like you spent lots of time in front of mirror for nothing.

Also this cream has physical filters, two types of vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate). I never see them together on the formulations, also the very expensive serums contain just one of them. These are the best forms of vitamin C. They are very stable and very effective.

So it is not really moisturizing (I don't want it to! Otherwise I walk like an oil slick. I have to blot-I hate putting paper on my face.) but when I first put this on and removed the night, I didn't get any rednesses or blemishes, on the contrary my rednesses had been calmed down a little bit. I use it for one month and still didn't see any negative points.

The packaging is really cute too, not very vintage (I don't like vintage packaging like Benefit's) but more like Agent Provocateur style :P

I hope they won't discontinue it. I might buy it forever.

on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like the finish this bb gives,though I consider it a TM instead of a bb, so that's what I'll compare it to. It has a thinner, more fluid texture than Tarte or LM TM, my other favorites.I have dry skin, so have used this with a light moisturizer underneath. Even without the moisturizer, it blends in properly. Vanilla Glow is a bit warmer than ideal for me ( about NW 10 -ish ) ,but is so light and translucent that it works as long as I don't use too much. The finish is absolutely beautiful. Not dewy,not shiny, not shimmery, just a glow . I know "lit-from-within" is a MU cliche, but it applies in this case.Staying power is very good; It still looks good after a day at work, though I do need to blot my t-zone after about 5 hours. I don't count on the spf, as, of course, I don't pile on 1/4 tsp of this.However, with it's extremely sheer coverage , I probably could.Don't expect any hiding of flaws with this, just a glowing refinement of your skin's overall appearance. Will repurchase.

on 6/21/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this bb cream. Usually the bb cream that comes from the US isn't the best and I've always found some sort of issue with them and never came close when comparing them to the ones from Asia, but this bb cream takes the lead!

It comes on smoothly and blends so well. Even in the summertime when my skin becomes more tan as I have to work more outdoors, the bb cream still blends well with my skintone. It does everything from giving you enough skin protection to coverage. Not only does it make my skin look even better (I'm Asian and constantly getting complimented even before I started using this bb cream, but when I started using this stuff I'm getting even more compliments!!)!!
I love this product so much that whenever I go into Sephora to buy another bottle, I RAVE about the stuff to other customers.

The only thing I could change is the price, but even then the price compared to the other bb creams found in Sephora it's still very reasonable.
If you want something easy to apply, that makes you look flawless, that protects your skin, that lasts all day long (yes, even in 100+ degree weather AND working out), and a fast application and go...this is the stuff you go for!

on 3/19/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using this product for about two weeks now and now I'm happy to report that this beauty balm works wonderfully on my oily, acne-prone skin. I only have to put it on my skin once in the morning and it would last all day which is pretty unbelievable since I live in tropical area, meaning the weather is always extremely hot and humid.

In my opinion, I think it gives like a sheer to medium coverage which is an awesome amount of coverage for people who prefer to go for a natural look (like me). While this product doesn't give me a completely polished look, it gives out a dewy finish while remain pretty much the same all day. I believe I only have to blot twice during the day.

Bonus: the product looks great in picture!! It doesn't give out white cast and again, it loos very natural.
I'd say that the color tone is more suitable on ppl with darker or yellow undertone or ppl who like to look tanned rather than ppl with pink undertone or ppl who like a rather polished, porcelain look.

Warning: make sure you use a very good cleanser afterward. this thing lasts all day and it determines to stay all night. so make sure you clean your face really well afterward or it might break you out.

on 2/5/2012 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this in Sephora. I was so excited to see a fairly light BB cream. I'm MAC NC 10-15. Being fairly light at the moment, this looks a little like a bronzer when I first put it on. I have used this without my normal face lotion and no primer underneath.
It looks great (and lasts all day!) when I apply my MAC PL concealer, and MAC msfn over. I have also tried using MAC PL foundation over the BB, light dusting of powder on top. It looked flawless and lasted all day. I have somewhat sensitive skin, acne prone, and I have had no issues. I will continue to purchase this! The only drawback for me, is the price. I really don't use more than a pea size amount, so it should last for a while.

on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM

I like to wear foundation if I am going out (mac studio fix) but for a more natural look I like a tinted moisturiser. My job is quite masculine so I dont like to look heavily made up but at the same time I need my make up to last 12 hour shifts! My skin is around nc20 and weird: it gets oily at the slightest thing but if I use products designed for oily skin its gets super dry and tight, and I am prone to occasional bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line. I finally seem to have found the skin care products and foundation that work so my last item on the list was tinted moisturiser/bb cream.
I have tried allsorts: nars (lovely but not available near me and I hate ordering on line), laura mercier (lasted approximately 5 seconds on me before it became an oil slick, plus shades not yellow enough for my liking), bobbi brown (felt like I was coating my face in liquid plastic), benefit (may as well have been putting lard on my face) and garnier (in a word: awful). I had heard good things about this online and on paulas choice so I decided to pick it up whilst in boots.
Vanilla glow seemed the best match for me, I always go slightly lighter as I can darken with benefits hoola when Im more tan. It looks lovely when it goes on, ideal match colour wise, nice glow to it as well. Its one of those products you can just slap on quickly and it looks great. I dont use moisturiser before it as it would be too much for my skin, but this product alone feels moisturising enough for me. I set with soap and glory blotting powder, some bronzer, mascara and Im done!
Its lasts around 6/7 hours before it starts to rub off in places and I do still get some shine around my nose area that needs blotting but other than that it still looks fairly acceptable at the end of a shift. I think I just need to accept that this will happen no matter what I use!
Overall I would buy this product again unless I hear of something even better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The best thing about this product for me is the color match, which is pretty good for my NC15, yellow-undertoned skin (only in summer - in winter I am more of an NC10 and this is a 1/2 shade too dark). I also like that it doesn't cause me to breakout which is rare because my skin is really sensitive. And it offers great sun protection. This has a moist feel, and a very dewy finish. Too dewy in my opinion. I have really dry skin and even I look like a greaseball when I wear this. I dust Nars Light Reflecting loose powder over the T-zone and it looks and wears much better. The real problem is this offers almost no coverage but manages to look really obvious on me by the end of the day -- highlights flakes and oxidizes to a peachy tone. I have to blot when I wear this abd it does rub off some of the product. I guess I could see this working for someone who really likes that dewy look, and needs almost no coverage.

on 2/13/2012 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this at Sephora this past weekend and I love it!! It gives my face a beautiful glow, and keeps my skin moisturised, which is a biggy for me since I have pretty dry skin. This beauty balm has a glow to it that is like no other that I have tried. Also, it does not feel thick like some of the other BB creams I have tried. I will definatley be getting this again when I'm getting low. I was thinking about getting Laura Mercier's Illuminating TM but the Too Faced BB cream turned out to be a cheaper and better option for me. <3 BTW, the packaging is pretty and girly..love it!