Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 36-43
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.0

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 6/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has a lot going for it, which is why I purchased it at Ulta a few months ago.

PROS:

Tube packaging is my favorite for portability.

The SPF 20 sunscreen is mineral based (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) making it ideal for sensitive skin.

It contains antioxidants to further benefit the skin.

1.5 ounces for $34 would make this around $22 if they sold it by the ounce. Most foundations come in 1 ounce bottles and I think it's worth mentioning that this is a larger size in case price is a factor in your decision.

CONS:

The color range should be expanded. Snow Glow was too pale for me but Vanilla Glow is slightly too yellow - so it looks too dark. What I really need is a shade in between the two that does not exist.

My skin is too oily for it now that it's summer. It's just shiny and can't stand up to the heat. I can't use a tinted moisturizer right now. I'm trying to look less oily and sweaty and should be using something with a matte finish. This is really more of a winter beauty item for me.

I should've known better. I tried this in store, didn't love it, walked away.

Tried it again a couple weeks ago, in store---had no foundation on at all so I used a full face application and LOVED IT. It looked glowy--not greasy. It was a perfect match. I looked younger, even!
So I bought a tube.
Then proceeded to hate it for the rest of the week afterward (tried it every day, tried no powder, with powder, with different powder, different moisturizer--nada).
Back it goes. It's too expensive for it to just sit in my drawer.