MAC MAC Pink Pigeon

MAC MAC Pink Pigeon

4.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love pink lipsticks. Especially if they are an eyecatcher in a positive way. Saint Germain, Candy Yum Yum, Girl About Town, you name it! Those are popular MAC shades but why not this one? Ok, it looks like CYY (just a bit) yet it's unique on its own. You get a hot opaque matte pink shade which you'll love if you have a heart for opaque bright lipsticks. You want a polished look? Apply foundation, (concealer, if you need it), a little bit blush + highlighter + bronzer, mascara + eyeliner and this baby. Yep, you don't need an eye makeup. It'll be too much otherwise.

on 4/23/2016 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really scared of neon pinks, especially of Candy Yum Yum, but then I tried on Pink Pigeon... It's pretty damn flattering! It's fun, edgy and kind of sweet at the same time, plus it's not as in your face as CYY. I'll probably buy CYY too, though. Pink Pigeon is a bit more mild and a great shade for those who like the pink lip look, but don't want anything too loud. However, this shade may make your teeth look yellow and it doesn't always provide full coverage.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/4/2016 5:36:00 AM

So I bought this because I never caught up with the Viva Glam Miley 1 hype. I have similar shades Girl About Town (which is a fuchsia), and Impassioned (a warm hot pink with coral and red undertones. I wanted to have a classy blue-toned bright pink that wouldn't clash with my warm skintone and not as scary neon like Candy Yum Yum. Something like Nars Schiap. This fit the bill. I'm in love!

The matte formulation is not that drying on me and easy to apply. And it's long-lasting, even if I drank water. Pink Pigeon is a wearable fun color, that's perfect all-year-round. Being warm-toned, blue-toned pinks don't suit me that much, but I think this color is a wow on all skintones. This is a versatile and classy kind of hot pink. Some hot pinks require heavy eye makeup (especially winged eyeliner) but on me, it can work with very minimal eye makeup. Highly recommended!

on 8/23/2015 2:50:00 AM

After years and years of neutral shades my friend said get some color into your life. So started out with mehr to chatterbox to ruby woo to relentlessly red to PINK PIGEON ☺. love it. Wore it today for the first time. Uploaded a selfie. Not too dry stayed on forever and the color wow double wow. Get it and enjoy.

on 6/15/2015 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product enough to take the time to write a review. Pink Pigeon was my first MAC lipstick purchase about a month ago. I bought it for two reasons: one, because I needed a new pink lipstick, and two: I wanted something nice to go with my pink-and-black colour scheme for a friend's wedding.

After consulting with the MUA at the counter, I thought PP would be the better of the two than Candy Yum-Yum (both of which are very similar), because I deem it a bit of a 'classier' bright pink and therefore more appropriate for a function like a wedding, christening, etc. Having said that, I would definitely not recommend either of these colours in a professional environment! In addition to buying this lipstick, I also purchased MAC lip pencil in 'Talking Points' - a very deep, plummy fuchsia and MAC lip dazzle in Baby Sparks - the latter of which I selected as looking the most enticing to wear over PP.

I tried the products out in tandem on the morning of my friend's wedding. I should mention that the rest of my appearance is: - very pale, medium-cool porcelain skin with neutral-pinkish undertones; raven hair, and hazel-brownish eyes. I found the colours of the lip pencil and lipstick worked very well together, with no colour interference. They also really suited my pale skin/dark hair & eyes combo. Prior to any lipstick I wear, I ensure that my lips are appropriately smooth, buffed and moisturised. I also apply a coating of Smashbox's 24 hr primer generously onto my lips and slightly over the lip-line to avoid any bleeding. I tend to wait out two minutes to ensure all of this excellent primer is set, then I use the liner to completely fill my lips, apply a coat of lipstick straight from the bullet, blot lightly with tissue, then apply another coat straight from the bullet and then apply a small touch of lip gloss. Finally, over my entire face, I squirt some of Urban Decay's All-Nighter finishing spray to stop the feathering of eyeliner and lip products.

When these lip products are all on together, they looked amazing - the pigmentation is second to none, though I completely sympathise when some users complain about the dryness of PP. I found that the lip dazzle was enough to combat this; however, after a day of chatting, drinking and eating at the wedding there was some minor feathering into fine lines around my mouth, but nothing crazy. I did need to reapply the lipstick once or twice over a period of a few hours. The next time I wore PP on a night out, I decided to do something different - I decided to not use the lip glass on top. I also wore a neon fuchsia bodycon dress that looked TO DIE FOR with it on...I did garner a lot of attention that night. This time, there was absolutely no feathering whatsoever, even when I shamefully got in at six in the morning. The dryness wasn't actually too bad, especially when I reapplied it in the toilets two or three times for the sake of it, not because the colour needed topping up.

Overall, I really love this lipstick and it works very well on me. Personally, I would like it to have been a little less pricey, but hey, it's the MAC label that you're paying for. I also imagine this is a colour that would suit most skin-tones (evenly mixed blue and red undertones) and it's so much fun to wear! It truly is a lovely hot pink. Two weeks later, I went back and purchased the aforementioned CYY trio (pencil, stick, and gloss). These also looked amazing on, and whilst PP and CYY are within the same colour family, I would say PP is CYY's more sophisticated, older sister. CYY equally attracted a heck of a lot of attention, but I would choose to wear CYY during the daytime and PP at night. One more thing I should add is that the colour is not removed easily. It takes me until the next day until there's no detectable trace of it. A good makeup remover is recommended.

I returned pink pigeon it doesn't apply well it is patchy and it stains and while being worn it gravitates to the middle of my lips it and candy yum yum are awful formulas id go with nyx shocking pink or sweet pink much cheaper and applies nicely.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Just like Candy Yum Yum, Pink Pigeon is too drying & patchy to be a $16 lipstick. I have WNW l/s that applies better. However I loved the color of Mac PP so went on the hunt for a quality dupe. U/D Anarchy is what I found. Its moisturizing,goes on smooth,even,last for hours. The only con is that since it is so creamy a lip pencil is a must & a light hand to avoid feathering. U/D Anarchy is a better formula than Mac Pink Pigeon which is the exact same color but matte.I ended up giving Mac PP to a friend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

All time favourite!!! The colour is close to candy yum yum it's just not too neon & has not that intensive blue undertones.it lasts a lot, you can do anything,it does not dry my lips! Perfect for summer & also to cheer you up! You can feel so confident on on it ! I'll Totally repurchase it ! In love!

on 9/20/2014 9:09:00 AM

First I bought Candy yum yum because they said it was the best pink matte. I tried it but it made my teeth look yellowish.I ddnt use it much and not its lost. Thank, God I have pink pigeon already Also, it look runny on the lips.Then I bought Pink Pigeon. It is the best bright pink that I tried from MAC. Its brightening.

I really like the colour of Pink Pigeon, perhaps just a little bit more than Candy Yum Yum which I love. It's another very bright, fun shade that is perfect for summer.
It leaves a stain and it goes on a bit dry because it's a matte shade but none the less one of my favourites. This can also draw attention to your lips because of the intense pink but don't let that sway you, it's a very pretty colour that I would recommend for most skin tones.